Author Topic: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1
« Reply #150: August 06, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
Belt. Wasnt in because of lefty
He just went through a bad stretch. Crawford is good and Pence will probably come around but the rest of the lineup is not scary.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #151: August 06, 2016, 08:56:28 AM »
Good. Loved Span. Hate he aged so fast. In 2013 and when healthy he was a dominant leadoff hitter.
Good guy but they overpaid for him.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #152: August 06, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »
this was my best experience at the park ever, sat in section 211 which had just an outstanding view the game.  I wish I could afford to sit here more often.

We hadn't been to the park since last August, the amount of development east along the Yards park and around the DoT was amazing, it's completely transformed.  Many of the restaurants appeared to be packed with folks just out for a Friday night who had no relation to the game (i.e. no Nats shirts/jerseys).  Next time we come for a game I need to hit that Korean Taco place (TaKorean).

I did Diamond Club with some friends and it was a blast. This was something I only do once in a rare while but it was worth it.

The Giants have been playing terribly; they just lost 2 of 3 to the Phillies.  Their lineup has holes as does their pitching.  I think the Dodgers will overtake them.  They probably have a good enough record to hold on for a wild card.

I think the Giants have only won five games since the ASB. They're slumping.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #153: August 06, 2016, 10:18:23 AM »
<------------------------------------------                     This

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #154: August 06, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »
loved this from ESPN:

The fans are feeling good too. Just ask Mark Melancon. Acquired last weekend from Pittsburgh to strengthen Washington’s most glaring weakness and replace Jonathan Papelbon, the All-Star closer entered Friday’s game in the ninth inning -- his first home appearance since the trade -- and received a rousing ovation from the Nats faithful. Even though it wasn’t a save situation, Melancon was pumped up, as indicated by the stadium radar gun that clocked him at 94 miles per hour, a tick or two up from his normal velocity.

“I had goosebumps running in,” said Melancon, who retired San Fran’s 2-3-4 hitters in convincing 1-2-3 fashion. “It was real special.”

Offline mitlen

« Reply #155: August 06, 2016, 10:36:08 AM »
Maybe mitlen will get off his ass now...  :stir:

See you, me and Gio
Down by the ballyard
Me and Gio down by the ballyard

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #156: August 06, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
See you, me and Gio
Down by the ballyard
Me and Gio down by the ballyard

You'll have to do his next GDT now...easy money...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #157: August 06, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »
You'll have to do his next GDT now...easy money...

Ain't happenin'.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #158: August 06, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
this was my best experience at the park ever, sat in section 211 which had just an outstanding view the game.  I wish I could afford to sit here more often.

We hadn't been to the park since last August, the amount of development east along the Yards park and around the DoT was amazing, it's completely transformed.  Many of the restaurants appeared to be packed with folks just out for a Friday night who had no relation to the game (i.e. no Nats shirts/jerseys).  Next time we come for a game I need to hit that Korean Taco place (TaKorean).

Agreed. It's come a long way (maybe ballparks do spur development! :roll: ) from that last time I was there (OD for the new park). Had a great time when I was there.

7 straight strikes to open up the 9th. 

I didn't say he was bad. Just that he 'throws'.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #159: August 06, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
Agreed. It's come a long way (maybe ballparks do spur development! :roll: ) from that last time I was there (OD for the new park). Had a great time when I was there.

The park neighborhood has changed since the last time I roamed it.    Occasionally, neighbor and I walk to Capitol South to catch the subway.    One of our landmarks was a big hole in the ground on NJ AVE.     Well, that "hole" is now a 12 story building and we missed our mark.    When we got to 2nd ST, SE, we knew we had gone too far.    :old:   and   :glug: