Author Topic: Tanner Roark Appreciation Thread (2016 version)  (Read 6779 times)

Offline rileyn

I heard Phil Wood on the radio today saying the Nats had a "Big 3" in the starting staff that could propel them in the post-season.  As soon as he said it, I was wondering who he was referring to as the "3rd" of the Big 3, and then he went on to name them.....yes, Tanner Roark was the guy.  I love it.  Yesterday, Dusty referred to him as a freaking horse and has made several comments about his strength this year.  Great job, Tanner!

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Tanner Roark Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1: July 11, 2016, 06:32:33 PM »
Meh, only 8 wins ...

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #2: July 11, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #3: July 11, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
This is the year he could make me eat my words. I've never been impressed by his stuff and I thought 2014 was an abnormality. But if he gets the job done with a little more consistency this year, I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

Online Slateman

« Reply #4: July 11, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
This is the year he could make me eat my words. I've never been impressed by his stuff and I thought 2014 was an abnormality. But if he gets the job done with a little more consistency this year, I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

No where near 2014. Only on a 13 win pace and an ERA over 3 :(

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #5: July 11, 2016, 09:07:10 PM »
He's a terrific #3 pitcher. His stats actually show he would be a pretty damn good #2 if not #1 for most NL teams. His WAR is #9 in the NL right now. He is top 15 in ERA and FIP, same as in 2014.

Every stat shows he is a top of the line pitcher. This team is lucky to have him. He'll clean up in arbitration this offseason but I would prefer the Nats lock him up long term. Whenever given a chance to consistently start he has excelled.

Online Slateman

« Reply #6: July 11, 2016, 09:11:51 PM »
He's a terrific #3 pitcher. His stats actually show he would be a pretty damn good #2 if not #1 for most NL teams. His WAR is #9 in the NL right now. He is top 15 in ERA and FIP, same as in 2014.

Every stat shows he is a top of the line pitcher. This team is lucky to have him. He'll clean up in arbitration this offseason but I would prefer the Nats lock him up long term. Whenever given a chance to consistently start he has excelled.

Not every stat :(

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #8: July 12, 2016, 08:09:12 AM »
This thread is long over due. And yes this is my "mea culpa" as I stated last March the team couldn't win with both Roark and Ross in the rotation.

Online Slateman

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #10: July 12, 2016, 08:47:39 AM »
This thread is long over due. And yes this is my "mea culpa" as I stated last March the team couldn't win with both Roark and Ross in the rotation.
this is the 3d or 4th appreciation thread for him.  Search "Roark" topics only using the function at the top of the board. I'm not bothering to sort this stuff out.  I've added 2016 to the  title to not confuse it with G'burg's 2013 thread, or any of the subsequent ones.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline raleighnat

Tanner's awesome.  Talk about finding a diamond in the rough.  And seems like one cool dude to boot.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
The real MVP

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #15: July 12, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »
Wins

To be fair, he has 5 no-decisions, 4 of which the Nats were tied or ahead when he left the game.  2 of his losses are low scoring, 3-2 (Dodgers) and 2-0 (Mets). If he got a W for just half of those, he becomes an 11-game winner which is pretty darn good this time of year.  Offense gotta do its part And so does the pen.

Offline DPMOmaha

To be fair, he has 5 no-decisions, 4 of which the Nats were tied or ahead when he left the game.  2 of his losses are low scoring, 3-2 (Dodgers) and 2-0 (Mets). If he got a W for just half of those, he becomes an 11-game winner which is pretty darn good this time of year.  Offense gotta do its part And so does the pen.
#killthewin

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
#killthewin

Bro, it's the only way to tell if a guy really is good or not. I thought we already ended this convo?

Offline DPMOmaha

Bro, it's the only way to tell if a guy really is good or not. I thought we already ended this convo?
Oh, yeah. I forgot. My bad. Carry on.

Offline Truconfidence

:hysterical:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
We did. Only wins matter, even if you have to hold the other team to -1 runs. Whatever it takes to win.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
I figured when this thread got started it would be titled "Raiders of the Lost Roark" or some similar pun.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I figured when this thread got started it would be titled "Raiders of the Lost Roark" or some similar pun.
When was the last time the Raiders won anything?

Offline Ray D

When was the last time the Raiders won anything?
AFC champs, 2002 I think. That may seem like a long time but it's about 11 years more recent than the Redskins.