Author Topic: NBA 2016-17  (Read 7006 times)

Offline GuyFromCO

Boston and la pick 1 and 2; tell me more about the NBA not being rigged

Blame Brooklyn for being stupid as freak. Ball going to the Fakers will be hilarious. That team sucks, and so will he.

Offline skippy1999

I was watching at the gym with no sound and the process looked so convaluted but man Joel Embiid's expressions were hilarious :lol:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I sort of expect the Celtics to trade down with Philly.  Maybe the talent of the two guards are at such a different level that they walk into the league and are all stars and HOF if they play long enough (I don't really know, I don't follow college and NBA close enough), but, roster-wise, the Celtics don't seem to need more guards.  At pick #3, there's a forward or two who are top 5 worthy.  The 76ers have high end big men, so maybe they want one of the guards.  Get the extra from Philly to balance out the picks, and do the deal. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I sort of expect the Celtics to trade down with Philly.  Maybe the talent of the two guards are at such a different level that they walk into the league and are all stars and HOF if they play long enough (I don't really know, I don't follow college and NBA close enough), but, roster-wise, the Celtics don't seem to need more guards.  At pick #3, there's a forward or two who are top 5 worthy.  The 76ers have high end big men, so maybe they want one of the guards.  Get the extra from Philly to balance out the picks, and do the deal. 

Why not trade the pick for one of the big men Philly already has?    At least the Celtics will know he can play in the NBA.   Philly might do it if they have 1 and 3 in their pocket.

Online HalfSmokes

Why not trade the pick for one of the big men Philly already has?    At least the Celtics will know he can play in the NBA.   Philly might do it if they have 1 and 3 in their pocket.

Can any of them play in the NBA?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I thought about that, too.  There were rumors towards the trade deadline that the Celts were talking to Philly, I forget for which player. 

Offline mitlen

Can any of them play in the NBA?

Not every game.    :lol:

Online Natsinpwc

Okafor is slow footed and doesn't jump. A Horford without the skill. Noel was already traded. They won't trade Embiid. If they did it would take more than the number one pick.

Offline mitlen

If they did it would take more than the number one pick.

It's Philadelphia.     :couch:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
. . . and Isaiah Thomas is out for the rest of the year with a hip injury that might require surgery or he will become Koda Glover.

Online spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: NBA 2016-17
« Reply #60: May 21, 2017, 11:03:25 PM »
Embarrassing loss by Cleveland tonight.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #61: May 22, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
Embarrassing loss by Cleveland tonight.

I turned it off because I thought it'd be a bummer (plus the missus wanted to watch Bourdain in Queens).

Offline mitlen

. . . and Isaiah Thomas is out for the rest of the year with a hip injury that might require surgery or he will become Koda Glover.

I heard a bit (wasn't paying attention) on the radio the other day ...  something about he prefers to be called "IT".    Have you heard that?

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #63: May 22, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
I turned it off because I thought it'd be a bummer (plus the missus wanted to watch Bourdain in Queens).
I watched Bourdain also. Celtics just delaying the inevitable.

Online spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #64: May 22, 2017, 12:12:51 PM »
Where the hell did Lebron James disappeared to in the 2nd half? Did the NBA put crap in the game again? :wtf:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #65: May 22, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
I watched Bourdain also. Celtics just delaying the inevitable.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste now the missus wants to go to NYC  ...  specifically The Queens.    BTW, she's from Hawaii and never been to the Apple.      I've been there many a time but in the summer of '68, I stayed with some hometown friends on Ketcham ST in Queens.    I told her we can take the 7 train to Shea, see a game and then stop at some of the Queens' stops on the way back to Manhattan.     She's all in  ...  even the ball game.      :)

Online varoadking

• This is Howie do it...
« Reply #66: May 22, 2017, 12:24:15 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste now the missus wants to go to NYC  ...  specifically The Queens.    BTW, she's from Hawaii and never been to the Apple.      I've been there many a time but in the summer of '68, I stayed with some hometown friends on Ketchum ST in Queens.    I told her we can take the 7 train to Shea, see a game and then stop at some of the Queens' stops on the way back to Manhattan.     She's all in  ...  even the ball game.      :)

Gonna drive, fly or take Amtrak?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #67: May 22, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »
Gonna drive, fly or take Amtrak?

Train.    Neighbors sometime drive to N. Jersey and take the commuter in.    I'm not sure that's what I wanna do.      Story  ...  she sez, "Let's stay in Queens."    I sez, "We could stay in Brooklyn too."     Sez she, "I wanna stay in one of the Boroughs."    Sez I as I move outside of plate throwing range, "Manhattan's a Borough."

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #68: May 22, 2017, 12:37:24 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste now the missus wants to go to NYC  ...  specifically The Queens.    BTW, she's from Hawaii and never been to the Apple.      I've been there many a time but in the summer of '68, I stayed with some hometown friends on Ketcham ST in Queens.    I told her we can take the 7 train to Shea, see a game and then stop at some of the Queens' stops on the way back to Manhattan.     She's all in  ...  even the ball game.      :)
Brother in law lives in Queens. Every time we go I spend most of the time looking for a parking spot by their place. The rest is spent on the Brooklyn Queens expressway. And always come back with a flat tire.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #69: May 22, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »
Brother in law lives in Queens. Every time we go I spend most of the time looking for a parking spot by their place. The rest is spent on the Brooklyn Queens expressway. And always come back with a flat tire.

That's why I train up.    I'm a subway guy.     You should have seen the missus when I suggested stayin' in Brooklyn and walking the Brooklyn Bridge   ............   Keeeeeeeeriste ya woulda thought I was asking her to go back to basic training at Jackson.     :smh:    I don't think she has any clue how much walking there is to be done in NYC.

Online varoadking

• This is Howie do it...
« Reply #70: May 22, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »
Train.    Neighbors sometime drive to N. Jersey and take the commuter in.    I'm not sure that's what I wanna do.      Story  ...  she sez, "Let's stay in Queens."    I sez, "We could stay in Brooklyn too."     Sez she, "I wanna stay in one of the Boroughs."    Sez I as I move outside of plate throwing range, "Manhattan's a Borough."

Check the status at Penn Station.  Supposedly it needs a lot of work...now...and schedules could be iffy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/nyregion/amtrak-penn-station-repairs.html?_r=0

Offline mitlen

« Reply #71: May 22, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »
Check the status at Penn Station.  Supposedly it needs a lot of work...now...and schedules could be iffy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/nyregion/amtrak-penn-station-repairs.html?_r=0

Thanks.      I read somewhere about the work and it's stowed in my brain.     Drivin' and flyin' are out.    I ain't messin' with either one.

Online varoadking

• This is Howie do it...
« Reply #72: May 22, 2017, 01:14:17 PM »
Thanks.      I read somewhere about the work and it's stowed in my brain.     Drivin' and flyin' are out.    I ain't messin' with either one.

Missus and I flew once.  One the way back, our flight was delayed at LaGuardia.  No scheduled departure time...no good guess.  Said screw it and took a cab back to Manhattan and got on Amtrak.

We got back to Richmond before our flight did...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #73: May 22, 2017, 01:27:14 PM »
Missus and I flew once.  One the way back, our flight was delayed at LaGuardia.  No scheduled departure time...no good guess.  Said screw it and took a cab back to Manhattan and got on Amtrak.

We got back to Richmond before our flight did...

Used to do the old shuttle on occasion.    Never had a good experience  ...  even when it all went right.    I can't imagine it with the new flyin' rules and dealin' with 'em.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #74: May 22, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »
BTW  I'm tired of Popovich.