Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Carter Kieboom, 3B/SS  (Read 25946 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
No. 81 overall prospect Carter Kieboom (Nationals' No. 3) delivered a grand slam with two outs in the fourth inning and finished 2-for-4, but it wasn't enough to keep Class A Advanced Potomac from falling to Salem, 10-8, in Game 2 of a doubleheader. The 20-year-old shortstop has hit three grand slams this season, all against Salem. He finishes the month with a .391/.458/.576 batting line on the heels of hitting .198/.308/.347 in April.
https://www.mlb.com/nationals/news/keston-hiura-leads-thursdays-top-prospects/c-279252012

Salem?  Quick, offer the Red Sox Carter Kieboom for Mookie Betts!  Do it Rizzo!

:lol:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
last ten: .324, 2HR, 5BB, 6Ks

.298   / .386 / .494, 10HRs, 6SBs on the season at Potomac.  I'd guess that he'll be in Harrisburg before long.   If he keeps this up, we'll see him in September.

Online Natsinpwc

last ten: .324, 2HR, 5BB, 6Ks

.298   / .386 / .494, 10HRs, 6SBs on the season at Potomac.  I'd guess that he'll be in Harrisburg before long.   If he keeps this up, we'll see him in September.
Looks like he had a big game on the Carolina all star game.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
he can replace murphy next year

Online imref

he can replace murphy next year

Or Turner, shifting Turner to 2B.  IIRC, Kieboom grades as a better defensive SS

Online imref

Promoted to Harrisburg and goes yard in his debut last night.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I had a long posted about seeing him in September 19, but then I remember if he is hitting well next May then he is an automatic call up if we are having infield issues. This organization showed with Robles and Soto they will let young guy come up quick.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Not that I put a lot of stock in scouting reports, but his arm strength is rated the same as Turner's and Rendon's.

Online imref

If he mashes for the next few weeks and Murphy is batting .120...... Soto 2.0?

Online Slateman

If he mashes for the next few weeks and Murphy is batting .120...... Soto 2.0?
Sure. Why the freak not. Maybe Romero will turn into Hader 2.0

Online RD

Or Turner, shifting Turner to 2B.  IIRC, Kieboom grades as a better defensive SS

I don't believe that to be true. While I don't know the grades at draft time, Turner has always been expected to stick at short. Kieboom has always been expected to move off the position. I think hes done well enough to stick, but I don't think he graded out better than Trea.

I wouldn't rule anything out, but I think Trea is better suited at short than Kieboom.

Online imref

.350 / .350 /.950 in his first four at Harrisburg.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Is Kieboom becoming untouchable like Soto and Robles?

Online Slateman

Is Kieboom becoming untouchable like Soto and Robles?
No one is untouchable.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
No one is untouchable.

Fine, for all practical purposes. But Rizzo isn’t trading Soto. No one is going to offer compensation that will equal 6 years of control for him.
If Rizzo isn’t trading him for three years of cheap control of a .315 hitting catcher, something the Nats desperately need, then yeah, he’s untouchable.

Same for Robles. At least until the Harper situation resolved itself.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Fine, for all practical purposes. But Rizzo isn’t trading Soto. No one is going to offer compensation that will equal 6 years of control for him.
If Rizzo isn’t trading him for three years of cheap control of a .315 hitting catcher, something the Nats desperately need, then yeah, he’s untouchable.

Same for Robles. At least until the Harper situation resolved itself.
I think they view C. Kieboom as their Rendon heir.  Rendon signs over the All Star break a surprise extension, then this guy becomes movable.

Online Natsinpwc

I think they view C. Kieboom as their Rendon heir.  Rendon signs over the All Star break a surprise extension, then this guy becomes movable.
Kieboom at 3B. Rendon to 2b. Difo is not a long term solution at 2B. He is a utility guy.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Kieboom at 3B. Rendon to 2b. Difo is not a long term solution at 2B. He is a utility guy.
I prefer Difo as a utility guy, but I don't think they move Rendon off 3d. He's too good at 3d.  If Rendon is locked up, then I think they try Kieboom elsewhere (2d or SS).  Don't know if that's how he's projected.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Rendon is good at 2B but he's great at 3B.  Kieboom's going to 2B or maybe SS with Turner going to 2B long term

Online Natsinpwc

I prefer Difo as a utility guy, but I don't think they move Rendon off 3d. He's too good at 3d.  If Rendon is locked up, then I think they try Kieboom elsewhere (2d or SS).  Don't know if that's how he's projected.
That's fine then.

Online Natsinpwc

Rendon is good at 2B but he's great at 3B.  Kieboom's going to 2B or maybe SS with Turner going to 2B long term
That's fine. Kieboom will be a better hitter than Difo.

Online imref

.355. /  .394 / .516 after 8 at Harrisburg.

Soto 2.0?

Offline Truconfidence

.355. /  .394 / .516 after 8 at Harrisburg.

Soto 2.0?
he is going to be a middle of the order power hitter. I wouldnt bring him up until Sept. Also, he is gonna make the club out of spring training in 2019.

Online Slateman

We can wait until Zimmerman or Murphy go on the DL in August, then move him to second (or third and move Rendon to second).

Online imref

BA moves him up from #89 to #59