Author Topic: metro is great! Everyone but me should take it!  (Read 1349 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: metro is great! Everyone but me should take it!
« Reply #25: September 07, 2016, 01:34:53 PM »
SafeTrack began the fourth of June, to be exact.
so unless ridership was off 1/3 in June, then some of that 11% decline in the quarter happened before SafeTrack.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #26: September 07, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
I would think people started testing alternatives before safe track

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #27: September 07, 2016, 05:30:22 PM »
Is it easy to catch Uber after the game? I would think it might be a bit of a cluster.

I found using Uber in NYC to be a pain in the ass on a recent trip. If you're standing on a really busy street corner, it's hard for the driver to see you and vice versa.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #28: September 07, 2016, 05:55:29 PM »
Is it easy to catch Uber after the game? I would think it might be a bit of a cluster.

I found using Uber in NYC to be a pain in the ass on a recent trip. If you're standing on a really busy street corner, it's hard for the driver to see you and vice versa.

We just go out the 3rd Base gate and cross South Capitol street then use the address of one of the big apartment buildings or one of the houses on the side streets. Much easier to find your ride and easier for a driver who doesn't know the ballpark area to figure out where you are, because with all those entrances, you could be anywhere.

FWIW we find Lyft to be consistently cheaper even with the tip added, plus their business practices seem to be slightly less shady than Uber. very slightly ha ha.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #29: September 12, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
Chat in the Post with Dr Gridlock (live at the moment of posting) concerning Metro operations and Nationals night matches: https://live.washingtonpost.com/gridlock0912.html?hpid=hp_local-news_livechat-gridlock-12pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory