Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 1020 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Mother's Day
« Topic Start: May 08, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
Some of you are asleep at the wheel. We have at least two mothers here (regular posters that I'm aware of, probably have a couple more) so post your Mother's Day wishes for them in this thread.

Happy Mother's Day to you ladies for all you've done, for all you do and for what's yet to come. :clap: :worship:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1: May 08, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »
happy mother's day!

My brother always used to stop at Mom's grave on the way back to New Hampshire from visiting my Dad down in Boston.  Dad moved in with him a couple of weeks ago. Today he said it's the first time he hasn't stopped by the graveside.  I think Mom would be OK with it.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: May 08, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
happy mother's day!

My brother always used to stop at Mom's grave on the way back to New Hampshire from visiting my Dad down in Boston.  Dad moved in with him a couple of weeks ago. Today he said it's the first time he hasn't stopped by the graveside.  I think Mom would be OK with it.

Every time I go to PA, I stop by mom and dad's grave.   One time heading back to VA, it was February, snowing and it was dark.    I traipsed to the site.    Looked around and said, "Mom, Dad ....  I love you but I'm gettin' the hell out of here."     Usually, I fill 'em in on family goings on.

Happy Mother's Day   !!!!

JCA - Moms know.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #3: May 08, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Happy Mother's day (and in Skippy's case, at least, Grandmother's Day) to all.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #4: May 08, 2016, 06:18:39 PM »
We were supposed to have my parents over for dinner but had to cancel because my wife got a bad cold and my parents are leaving Friday for a cruise. Didn't want to risk them getting anything. Damn shame, but for the first time in several years we will be home for Father's Day, so we'll make up for it then. I did go over to their house and give my mom the present we got her, a lobster dinner we ordered from Harry & David. Perfect timing for a prepared meal since they're leaving Friday.

I did NOT buy the first card I saw this year. Reason: It had a dog on the front saying, "Happy Mother's Day to the coolest nag I know." Who the hell would ever send his mother a card like that???!!!!!!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #5: May 08, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »
How about for a wife ?

We were supposed to have my parents over for dinner but had to cancel because my wife got a bad cold and my parents are leaving Friday for a cruise. Didn't want to risk them getting anything. Damn shame, but for the first time in several years we will be home for Father's Day, so we'll make up for it then. I did go over to their house and give my mom the present we got her, a lobster dinner we ordered from Harry & David. Perfect timing for a prepared meal since they're leaving Friday.

I did NOT buy the first card I saw this year. Reason: It had a dog on the front saying, "Happy Mother's Day to the coolest nag I know." Who the hell would ever send his mother a card like that???!!!!!!

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #6: May 08, 2016, 09:17:29 PM »
My wife is not a mother. So.....

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #7: May 08, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »
Happy Mother's day (and in Skippy's case, at least, Grandmother's Day) to all.

Thanks, Gburg. Mother's Day is just a made up Hallmark holiday though imo

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #8: May 09, 2016, 09:21:40 AM »
How about for a wife ?

I got my wife a card and a dozen blueberry muffins.    Edibles are more useful than flowers.   :)     

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #9: May 09, 2016, 09:26:12 AM »
The wife and I agreed to stop the exchange of cards this year for Mothers and Father's Day. We went for a hike yesterday afternoon in Prince William Forest Park with our son. That was enjoyable. Unfortunately the Nats game was still on when we got back!  Avoided the crowds at the restaurants yesterday and will go out to lunch today.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #10: May 09, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »
Of course it is, as is just about every other "X Day" manufactured psuedoholiday.  For that matter, Christmas in its current incarnation is essentially a huge marketing campaign.  But so what  :lol:
Thanks, Gburg. Mother's Day is just a made up Hallmark holiday though imo

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #11: May 09, 2016, 12:32:21 PM »
Of course it is, as is just about every other "X Day" manufactured psuedoholiday.  For that matter, Christmas in its current incarnation is essentially a huge marketing campaign.  But so what  :lol:

very true, I'll stop being a grump lol  thanks for the nice sentiment everyone :thumbs: