Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs series (5/5 - 5/8)  (Read 3850 times)

Offline wj73

Re: Nationals @ Cubs series (5/5 - 5/8)
« Reply #75: May 09, 2016, 10:11:50 AM »
Harper will never see a pitch again this season the way zim is swinging the bat. I predict harp will break mlb walk record this year.

I was listening to yesterday's game on XM with the Cubs broadcasters, and even they were saying the same thing - that Dusty needs to shake up his lineup and provide the league MVP some more protection if they want to maximize his bat. 

I love Zim, but he ain't doing it at this point. 

Offline PC

« Reply #76: May 09, 2016, 10:34:19 AM »
:nts:

It's thankfully done.

Well, if we can step back from the ledge and big picture this, this was a four game series at the end of a three city road trip.  As I documented a few seasons ago, those tend to heavily favor the home team.

But I'm also very glad that the series is over.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #77: May 09, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »
Well, if we can step back from the ledge and big picture this, this was a four game series at the end of a three city road trip.  As I documented a few seasons ago, those tend to heavily favor the home team.

But I'm also very glad that the series is over.

Nobody's on the ledge.   However, to try to spin the Cubs' series into anything other than a four game sweep is delusional.    :)     What stats support a four game sweep between two quality teams  ...   at any time?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #78: May 09, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
Murphy should be hitting behind Harper. I know the back-to-back lefties thing is frowned upon, but if you put the guy leading the league in hitting behing the most dangerous hitter in baseball, you won't have to worry about the matchup issues later in the game as often. Not to mention that both have been hitting lefties well this year. I'll take the better situation for the first six innings over the potential matchup issues the last 3.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #79: May 09, 2016, 10:41:41 AM »
How 'bout swapping Zimmerman and Harper?     Let Harper bat 4th with Murphy behind him.    It might take some of the "pressure" off Zim and get Harper a look now and again.

Dusty doesn't like the L-L thing but with the number of men LOB indicates this ain't workin'.

Offline PC

« Reply #80: May 09, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »
Nobody's on the ledge.

Maybe, but if you followed the shrieking in the GDT, some of us are staring angrily at the window.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #81: May 09, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
How 'bout swapping Zimmerman and Harper?     Let Harper bat 4th with Murphy behind him.    It might take some of the "pressure" off Zim and get Harper a look now and again.

Interesting. Given the low OBP of the first 3, I'd lean toward not moving Harp though. Gotta have your best hitter getting the most ABs. Maybe a game or two to switch it up, but we know how Rusty doesn't wanna change it up.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #82: May 09, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »
If you followed the shrieking in the GDT, some of us are staring angrily at the window.

I was out and about a bit.    I thought maybe a lack of pizza was gettin' to ya.    :)     You know that's what goes on in GDT's.    A lot of it is venting just to vent.