Author Topic: You Got Gott- The official Trevor Gott tryout for Closer Thread  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Bloo

Just starting the hype...

Offline rileyn

A.B.P.   Anybody But Paplebon.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
A.B.P.   Anybody But Paplebon.
This should be the title

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Gott's not pitching very well at AAA right now. Better options

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

...and the guy we traded for him is slashing .290 / .358 / .458 / .816.  Yet another Rizzo stroke of genius to keep a guy who is slashing .195 / .308 / .286 / .593 instead.

Offline dcpatti

Meh, Yescobar was a double play machine. He got on base a lot but if he didn't get on, he got himself out along with the guy in front of him. I wish we had gotten more for him, and I loved watching him play-- such animation!!-- but I don't think hanging on to him would have really been a long-term net gain.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I wish we had gotten more for him...

The point of my post, really.  If you are gonna trade a guy capable of those numbers and that has a team friendly contract, you have to get more for him...

Offline Ray D

The point of my post, really.  If you are gonna trade a guy capable of those numbers and that has a team friendly contract, you have to get more for him...

Along with the fact that he had no position,  Rizzo traded him because there was no expectation that he could repeat his 2015 performance, it was an atypical year for him.  The reason he got so little in return was that the other GMs knew that too.   It's still very early in the season, let's wait and see if he reverts to his norm.  If his 2016 numbers are similar to 2015, then it's a bad deal. But it's too early to make that judgement.

Offline Slateman

...and the guy we traded for him is slashing .290 / .358 / .458 / .816.  Yet another Rizzo stroke of genius to keep a guy who is slashing .195 / .308 / .286 / .593 instead.

:lmao: Escobar wasn't going to play short stop. Just stop dude.

Offline Ray D

Nor third, nor second. As I said, he didn't have a position.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

My point was we got nothing for him and kept crap too...

Offline Slateman

My point was we got nothing for him and kept crap too...
Except for the prospect we got ...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Except for the prospect we got ...

Right...nothing...

Offline Slateman

Right...nothing...
We got a quality, late inning reliever prospect for a guy we had no place for who is now on a team that is 3 games under .500. Rizzo then took that money and turned it in to Daniel Murphy.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
We got a quality, late inning reliever prospect for a guy we had no place for who is now on a team that is 3 games under .500. Rizzo then took that money and turned it in to Daniel Murphy.

Gott will never win 15 games though

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Yes...quality:

Glad to see that you agree that wins are all that matters though...

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

Bring Giolito up as a closer.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I really loved watching Escobar play and without his unexpected bat early when the offense was horrible the Nats may have not hit .500 last season. He was a fun bright spot in a sad season.

Having said that, the Nats moved on from him knowing Rendon/Espi blocked him on the left side, we needed a lot more at 2B, and he likely was too old/expensive to consider using as a backup utility guy.

Gott may work out yet. I'm happy Escobar is working out in LA.

Offline expofan

Koda glover anyone ? Worked for the jays last year with osuna.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980

Offline rbw5t

Bring Giolito up as a closer.

How about Danny?  He throws hard, can grow an intimidating beard, and would be an ok hitter for a pitcher.  He's even a switch hitter, like Storen before him (look it up!)