Author Topic: Legion of Doom 2016 - Another slightly above average year  (Read 7878 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Since Slate is full-SSS now, I'd like to remember who started this damn thread.

The same guy who insisted the mets rotation would stay healthy ?

Offline bk1998

Per Joel Sherman, it's "inflammation" and a source says if it were the playoffs, Stras would pitch thru it, but since there's time left in the season, the team wants to give him a proactive DL stint so he will be ready when it counts most.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Yeah, hey Joel Sherman, still think they'd have him pitch through it?

Offline madj55

Been all downhill since Stras got hurt. April-August was pretty fun.

Offline monkeyhit

Been all downhill since Stras got hurt. April-August was pretty fun.

Other teams overcome injuries, rise above their fate, but not this team. It never has and the excuse-makers are always ready to protect the organization. It's been clear since they were beaten in 5 games of 6 that the Nationals don't match up with the Dodgers or Cubs, but Rizzo refused to give up prospects for Miller or Chapman. You could see the results last night and in Miami. Without Strasburg and Murphy, they look very average and so does the management.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Had to hang on to Giolito at all cost :?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
this is for the LoD:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
this is for the LoD:

(Image removed from quote.)

Sure, let's gloat about the Nats being the Philadelphia Eagles of the MLB.

I'll just remember to eat Chipotle before I take a big, fat dump in the SSS thread after the NLDS.

Offline aspenbubba

91 wins with 7 games remaining. I re-visited our predictions thread about a week ago. Here is what I found.
Slate 83 , VARK 88, MMZZNNYY 82, Natsinpwc 90,  Houstonnats 88,monkeyhit 86,halfsmokes 86, aussienats fan 90

REPENT SINNERS!!!

And still in the running: elivrovcina 91,imref 91, bil 92, optics 92 , squab 92 , AB 93, minontero 93, mathguy 95 and Smithian  95 .

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
91 wins with 7 games remaining. I re-visited our predictions thread about a week ago. Here is what I found.
Slate 83 , VARK 88, MMZZNNYY 82, Natsinpwc 90,  Houstonnats 88,monkeyhit 86,halfsmokes 86, aussienats fan 90

REPENT SINNERS!!!

And still in the running: elivrovcina 91,imref 91, bil 92, optics 92 , squab 92 , AB 93, minontero 93, mathguy 95 and Smithian  95 .

Bump the thread

Online Natsinpwc

REPENT SINNERS!!!

Didn't I predict that they would win the division?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Bump the thread

That thread was locked. I imagine that one of the mods will bump it after the end of the season

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
That thread was locked. I imagine that one of the mods will bump it after the end of the season

Whoops... Yeah. I'll look it up

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

REPENT SINNERS!!!

:koolaid: :whip: :glug: :metal:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'll just remember to eat Chipotle before I take a big, fat dump in the SSS thread after the NLDS.

:spit:

Offline madj55

Season is over.

Online sportsfan882

Feels like when the Arizona Cardinals made the playoffs but had to start Ryan Lindley at QB in their first playoff game because Palmer and Stanton were out injured. :? :hang:

Offline spidernat

Offline UMDNats

What a nightmare of a season.

Offline Optics

Feels like when the Arizona Cardinals made the playoffs but had to start Ryan Lindley at QB in their first playoff game because Palmer and Stanton were out injured. :? :hang:

Good thing baseball isn't single elimination.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Yup. We've gotta watch this team get spanked 3 times :hang:

Offline UMDNats

Dodgers are going to curb stomp us in three blowout games. Can't wait to watch Stephen Drew hit 3rd for us in the NLDS and Brian Goodwin man RF.

Offline Bloo

Has anyone picked up on the fact that the Nats are basically the Star Trek movies. Good on the even numbered years/films.

Offline spidernat

But even in the even numbered years the denouement is dark.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Wilsons tore his knee up again?? You guys were supposed to take care of the team in my absence  :(

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Dodgers are going to curb stomp us in three blowout games. Can't wait to watch Stephen Drew hit 3rd for us in the NLDS and Brian Goodwin man RF.

This would be hysterical if it weren't true....