Author Topic: Lonely Baseball Fans  (Read 2105 times)

Offline OldBroad

• Smarter than I look. Weirder than you'd think.
Lonely Baseball Fans
« Topic Start: March 21, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
A women in my 50s with a husband who doesn't really like baseball that much I'm looking for a buddy or buddies to go to a few games with or to hang out and watch a few games on TV.  When I go to games, I like to sit in the 3rd base club (sec. 207-210) but I'm flexible.  I'm especially fond of going to weekday daytime games (as few as there are).  I'm located in the Falls Church/Tysons Corner area and I'm open to carpooling to and from games.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Lonely Baseball Fans
« Reply #1: March 21, 2016, 07:57:04 PM »
Join us anytime up in infield gallery.  We even get Carp's game notes blowing down every so often  :lol:

Offline OldBroad

« Reply #2: March 22, 2016, 10:50:29 AM »
Who is "us" and how would I recognize you?

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #3: March 23, 2016, 01:02:03 AM »
A women in my 50s with a husband who doesn't really like baseball that much I'm looking for a buddy or buddies to go to a few games with or to hang out and watch a few games on TV.  When I go to games, I like to sit in the 3rd base club (sec. 207-210) but I'm flexible.  I'm especially fond of going to weekday daytime games (as few as there are).  I'm located in the Falls Church/Tysons Corner area and I'm open to carpooling to and from games.

I can make you a deal.. You can fly me over from Australia, give me a nice home to live in and I will attend baseball games with you.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: March 23, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
I can make you a deal.. You can fly me over from Australia, give me a nice home to live in and I will attend baseball games with you.
Be careful; aussie is a Houston Rockets fan also. Between the Nats and the Rickets he will be flinging his beers at the TV quite often.

Offline OldBroad

« Reply #5: March 23, 2016, 12:42:58 PM »
Very cute.  Anyone else out there interested in going to games or watching on TV together?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #6: March 23, 2016, 02:31:22 PM »
There are a couple of Facebook groups that you might want to check out. Nationals Discourse and Mr Nationals both seem to do a fair number of meet ups, and Duffys Happy Hour is run by Duffys Sports Bar in the  U Street area where they draw a good Nats-loving crowd.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #7: March 23, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »
When "we (WNFFERS)" head to a game, there are usually soundings before the game.   "Soundings" along the line of "I'm headin' to the park on ...."    Others will chime in and we often meet at the "Loft".     Even when there is no "sounding", several of us meet at the "Loft" pre-game.    If you see a few folks talking about going to a game on a particular day, jump into the conversation.    We'll gladly tell you what we have on (if our game day wardrobe has been chosen).    The only  "rule" is the new guy/gal has to buy the first round.   ;)

In fact, I'm gonna start a new thread "2016 Games you plan on attending"

Offline OldBroad

« Reply #8: March 23, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »

In fact, I'm gonna start a new thread "2016 Games you plan on attending"

That is an excellent idea!  I'll keep an eye out for that thread.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #9: March 23, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »
I had no idea about the Facebook groups Patti, I totally don't need another site to check out but of course I just asked to join one :lol:

and Oldbroad have you ever participated in the game day threads? They're not for the faint of heart lol but I love watching a game while following a GDT, I don't know another living soul who enjoys watching baseball anymore so it's a nice way to sort of "watch" a game with other people. 

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #10: March 23, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
Clearly the best solution is to get a new husband who likes baseball.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #11: March 23, 2016, 03:16:39 PM »
You would make an excellent surgeon!

Offline OldBroad

« Reply #12: March 23, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
There are a couple of Facebook groups that you might want to check out. Nationals Discourse and Mr Nationals both seem to do a fair number of meet ups, and Duffys Happy Hour is run by Duffys Sports Bar in the  U Street area where they draw a good Nats-loving crowd.

I found Nationals Discourse.  No sign of "Mr Nationals"  Perhaps that group has closed or is secret?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #13: March 23, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
There is also a Facebook group called Red Porch Family

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #14: March 23, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
There is also a Facebook group called Red Porch Family

Are they going to rename it the Budweiser Brewhouse Family?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #15: March 23, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »
I had no idea about the Facebook groups Patti, I totally don't need another site to check out but of course I just asked to join one :lol:

and Oldbroad have you ever participated in the game day threads? They're not for the faint of heart lol but I love watching a game while following a GDT, I don't know another living soul who enjoys watching baseball anymore so it's a nice way to sort of "watch" a game with other people.

Stay clear of the GDT unless internet temper tantrums are your thing.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #16: March 23, 2016, 04:06:45 PM »
Stay clear of the GDT unless internet temper tantrums are your thing.

nah I love 'em, there's a bunch of genuinely funny people to balance out the negative nancies ;)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #17: March 23, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
nah I love 'em, there's a bunch of genuinely funny people to balance out the negative nancies ;)

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Offline OldBroad

« Reply #18: March 23, 2016, 04:32:34 PM »

I'm still working on making a fan out of him.  His heart was broken when the Dodgers left Brooklyn, and he hasn't forgiven baseball yet. Being (ahem) a few years his junior, I have no memories of the Brooklyn Dodgers.  In fact, I was born in Flatbush during their last year at Ebbets Field and grew up mostly in LA.  Hearing Vin Scully's voice still gives me flashbacks of sitting outdoors with a little  transistor radio.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #19: March 23, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »

You might try the fan club:
https://twitter.com/Half_St_Irr/with_replies

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #20: March 23, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »
Good suggestion. Get a twitter account and search for #Nats. You'll find lots of people that attend lots of games.
You might try the fan club:
https://twitter.com/Half_St_Irr/with_replies

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #21: March 23, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
I found Nationals Discourse.  No sign of "Mr Nationals"  Perhaps that group has closed or is secret?

Yeah I think it might be, now that you mention it. If you PM me your facebook name, I can ask one of the mods there to add you.

BTW both of those facebook groups also do a bunch of meet-ups at the PNats. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #22: March 23, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
It's secret. I can ask for you too.

Also, watch for a 2016 thread like this one: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32446.0

Edit: I just created it. http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=33782.0

Yeah I think it might be, now that you mention it. If you PM me your facebook name, I can ask one of the mods there to add you.

BTW both of those facebook groups also do a bunch of meet-ups at the PNats.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #23: March 23, 2016, 05:19:03 PM »

Also, watch for a 2016 thread like this one: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32446.0

I want to be added to the secret Facebook page! :mg:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #24: March 23, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »

I'm gonna ask the mods to delete my 2016 roll call and ask them to sticky the one you started.

Everybody go here:      http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=33782.msg1685103#msg1685103