Author Topic: How might have Cespedes fit with the Nationals?  (Read 7193 times)

Offline chritter

Re: How'd Cespedes fit with the Nationals?
« Reply #50: January 24, 2016, 03:21:59 AM »
Chritter - your posts are  welcome.  you don't taunt or troll.  Even the character known here as "Exposfan87" can post in character.  I'm half expecting a post comparing this to the failure to bring back Marquis Grissom or Larry  Walker when they became FAs after they left.

Hahaha, thanks. I understand the concern and appreciate the ear. If Mets fans are jerks here, they're no friends of mine. You'd think a decade of futility would inculcate a little sense of humility and a broader understanding of the long dynamics of the game.  I'm an NL fan. I root for the Mets, they're my team. But in the years when the Mets were David Wright and his Merrie Band of Has-Beens, Never-Weres and Triple-A Rejects, I rooted for the Nats in the playoffs. The first game I ever saw in person was a Washington Senators game, when Ted Williams was managing, so I have a soft spot for D.C. baseball. I rooted for the Cubbies all this year. The NLCS was actually a painful experience for me, because I wanted a way for both teams to win.

But Larry Walker? Man, that was a huge mistake. :P