Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2016)  (Read 47109 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Washington Redskins thread (2016)
« Topic Start: January 13, 2016, 11:01:28 PM »
Regrettably, the off-season has begun.  :?

Unrestricted free agents

NT Terrance Knighton $4 million
TE Logan Paulsen $2.1 million
RB Alfred Morris $1.6 million
FB Darrel Young $1.5 million
QB Colt McCoy $1.5 million
DL Kedric Golston $1.2 million
C Josh LeRibeus $864,081
QB Kirk Cousins $778,172
ILB Keenan Robinson $765,027
CB Will Blackmon $550,588
DE Frank Kearse $504,705
ILB Mason Foster $481,764
OLB Junior Galette $413,000
RB Pierre Thomas $175,294
TE Alex Smith $103,235
CB Cary Williams $54,300

Restricted free agents

S Duke Ihenacho $660,000
P Tress Way $510,000

Exclusive rights

OL Tom Compton $660,000
RB Chris Thompson $585,000
ILB Will Compton $510,000

Offline PC

Re: Washington Redskins thread (2016)
« Reply #1: January 13, 2016, 11:21:22 PM »
I thought DeSean Jackson was a FA.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #2: January 13, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »
I thought DeSean Jackson was a FA.

No. He has one more year plus an option year.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #3: January 14, 2016, 10:38:25 AM »
Terrance Knighton is 29 and made 4 million on a one year, prove it deal. I like him, I like what he brings, but in reality, he's a run stuffer and struggles in pass rush. How much do we really want to spend on that? Can Chris Baker take over that role? Regardless, that needs to be a target in the later rounds.

Other than that, there really is no one on that list (outside of Cousins, who will be franchised) that I would really lose sleep over. Maybe Keenan Robinson. I don't think Will Compton was as good as he was lauded over. I think Keenan is a good ILB, particularly in the 3-4.

To me, the draft needs to be about finding secondary depth and replacing Pierre Garcon and DeShaun Jackson (if not for 2016, then certainly for 2017). If we're keeping Cousins, it's obvious that he needs weapons. Finding them in the draft and playing "moneyball" with receivers needs to be a priority. This year's receiver class seems to be a little weak in first round talent.

I really see this as the draft where we trade back a little and get an extra third rounder that turns in to a good player. Trade back to the late 20s and get a Kevin Fuller from VA Tech, then use that extra third rounder to trade up higher in the second round and grab a Kentrell Brothers for ILB if we don't bring back Keenan (Will Fuller if we do), and then take a shot on a Travin Dural,  Jalin Marshal, or Sterling Shepard (or take a center like Nick Martin. Or take yler Matakevich/ Beniquez Brown for ILB)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #4: January 14, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »
I don't think they want Robinson back and I can't say I disagree. I agree with you about Will Compton though (which means you will change your tune to saying he is all pro material :lmao:).

Offline Slateman

« Reply #5: January 14, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
I don't think they want Robinson back and I can't say I disagree. I agree with you about Will Compton though (which means you will change your tune to saying he is all pro material :lmao:).
He's okay. He seems limited.

Keenan was good in 2014. What happened this year? Why did he struggle?

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue is Joe Barry.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #6: January 14, 2016, 10:57:00 PM »

Keenan was good in 2014. What happened this year? Why did he struggle?

They have arrived at the conclusion that he is "soft".

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue is Joe Barry.

Thus proving, once again, that you are a moron.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #7: January 14, 2016, 11:30:47 PM »
Lol,hes soft?

And Barry is an absolute freaking useless sack of crap. Just like in Detroit. Any coach who calls a prevent defense with less than a three touchdown lead shouldn't be allowed to coach football. Not professional. Not college. Not high school. Not peewee. Hell, he should be banned from Madden. This defense succeeded in spite of him.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #8: January 15, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
Lol,hes soft?

And Barry is an absolute freaking useless sack of crap. Just like in Detroit. Any coach who calls a prevent defense with less than a three touchdown lead shouldn't be allowed to coach football. Not professional. Not college. Not high school. Not peewee. Hell, he should be banned from Madden. This defense succeeded in spite of him.

You're a cliché.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #9: January 15, 2016, 08:20:45 AM »

Offline spidernat

« Reply #10: January 15, 2016, 08:43:56 AM »
You're an idiot.

See what I mean? Now you're using my line.  :twisted:

Offline Optics

« Reply #11: January 15, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
D needs a lot more retooling.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if McC made even less noise in Free Agency then last year. He's all about building the right way through the draft. The D needs infusions of young, athletic talent.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #12: January 15, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »

Wouldn't be shocked at all if McC made even less noise in Free Agency then last year. He's all about building the right way through the draft. The D needs infusions of young, athletic talent.

The difference is that this year, there are a lot of young talents in free agency.

If we're going to stick with the 3-4 and Jason Hatcher retires, I'd love to see Wilkerson on the Redskins.

Offline phil219

« Reply #13: January 15, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »
How about Haloti Ngata to replace Pot Roast. No, I am not Vinny Cerrato.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #14: January 15, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »

a homerun through the draft would be adding three young athletic starters on defense- what are the odds of that (last year he added 1 rookie who made an immediate impact on defense)? Even if it happened, it would mean not addressing offense and leaving holes on defense too.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #15: January 15, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
The difference is that this year, there are a lot of young talents in free agency.

If we're going to stick with the 3-4 and Jason Hatcher retires, I'd love to see Wilkerson on the Redskins.

It would be ideal if Hatcher retired. I don't see the Redskins getting Wilkerson though.

a homerun through the draft would be adding three young athletic starters on defense-

That's a Jayson Werth walkoff bomb. But you're right. They need to add a starter at every level of the defense.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #16: January 15, 2016, 04:10:29 PM »

That's a Jayson Werth walkoff bomb. But you're right. They need to add a starter at every level of the defense.

If they ignore offense, figure 2 of the first 3 hit and hope for 1 of the last 4. The problem is that you'd have to ignore offense, and you need a center, guard, and possibly a running back (I don't say WR because I don't think you can get the number 1 we need outside of the early second at the latest and I hope they don't use the first round pick on a WR)

Offline Slateman

« Reply #17: January 15, 2016, 05:09:02 PM »
How about Haloti Ngata to replace Pot Roast. No, I am not Vinny Cerrato.

No thanks. Rather have Kinighton.

It would be ideal if Hatcher retired. I don't see the Redskins getting Wilkerson though.

Hatcher has to go. Gotta add someone and you cant get everything through the draft.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #18: January 15, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »
If they ignore offense, figure 2 of the first 3 hit and hope for 1 of the last 4. The problem is that you'd have to ignore offense, and you need a center, guard, and possibly a running back (I don't say WR because I don't think you can get the number 1 we need outside of the early second at the latest and I hope they don't use the first round pick on a WR)
They can't ignore the offense either. And honestly, receiver is a need if Cousins is the long term answer. Jackson has one tool: Speed. He's coming up on 30. His speed will fade. Garcon is already a possession receiver. Need to get another deep threat to groom behind Jackson.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #19: January 15, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
No thanks. Rather have Kinighton.
Hatcher has to go. Gotta add someone and you cant get everything through the draft.

I'd like them to get Wilkerson but I don't see the Jets letting him go without compensation. If they could get him without giving up anything and they brought back Gallette they could go into the draft looking to add an ILB or a safety (or both) and still have maneuverability to look for a C or LG.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #20: January 15, 2016, 06:58:21 PM »
They can't ignore the offense either. And honestly, receiver is a need if Cousins is the long term answer. Jackson has one tool: Speed. He's coming up on 30. His speed will fade. Garcon is already a possession receiver. Need to get another deep threat to groom behind Jackson.

Got a high enough pick to do that?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #21: January 15, 2016, 06:59:53 PM »
Got a high enough pick to do that?
Maybe. This year's draft is weak in early 1st round talent.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #22: January 15, 2016, 07:49:49 PM »
So the absence of a player who fits the profile magically makes that player appear in the 20s?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #23: January 15, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »
So the absence of a player who fits the profile magically makes that player appear in the 20s?
Huh?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #24: January 15, 2016, 08:24:42 PM »
Maybe. This year's draft is weak in early 1st round talent.

The player you want to get is the player you said this draft is weak in- number 1 receivers with jackson's speed don't slip, especially in a weak draft