Author Topic: Welcome home Brandon Phillips!!! . . . On 2d thought . . .  (Read 15465 times)

Offline Rasta

C. Trent Rosecrans ‏@ctrent  10m10 minutes ago
According to Jocketty Phillips said he didn’t want to go to the Nationals, didn’t tell him he would reject any deal. (1/2)

So basically Phillips was never interested in coming to DC. Why did it take that long to figure this out?

Offline PC

C. Trent Rosecrans ‏@ctrent  10m10 minutes ago
According to Jocketty Phillips said he didn’t want to go to the Nationals, didn’t tell him he would reject any deal. (1/2)

So basically Phillips was never interested in coming to DC. Why did it take that long to figure this out?

Good.  freak him.

Offline skippy1999

More importantly why was he flippin' tweeting out the DC area code and being so psyched to reunite with Dusty?  What a freaking idiot. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline Optics

The more this plays out, the more I'm glad this trade didn't work out. If Phillips would rather stay on a team that will lose 90 games for money and his family stability, fine. This team has a history of underachivement and a lack of a kill instinct on the field. I want guys on the team who want to win. Who want to go at it because they love winning. Doesn't sound like Phillips to me.

Agreed. He'd fit too much into the already overly soft nice guy clubhouse we have.

I think Murphy is a better fit. Tougher, ballsier, probably hungrier to win after his flubs in the World Series.

Offline UMDNats

More importantly why was he flippin' tweeting out the DC area code and being so psyched to reunite with Dusty?  What a freaking idiot. 

Wasn't he coming to DC to meet with Under Armour?

Offline skippy1999

Wasn't he coming to DC to meet with Under Armour?

I've no clue but even if so you don't generally tweet out the area code of every place you're going for a meeting, especially when you're rumored to be traded to that area code, he seems like a twit.

Offline UMDNats

I've no clue but even if so you don't generally tweet out the area code of every place you're going for a meeting, especially when you're rumored to be traded to that area code, he seems like a twit.

https://twitter.com/AdamKilgoreWP/status/678017086476578816

Phillips ignited speculation that an agreement was nearing completion Thursday night when he tweeted “513 to 202” -- the area codes for Cincinnati and Washington — with an airplane emoji next to the numbers. He then tweeted that he had landed in Washington and included the hashtag for Under Armour, the sport apparel manufacturer that sponsors Phillips and is headquartered in Baltimore. Phillips was meeting with Under Armour on this trip, according to a person familiar with the situation. It was not known whether he also met with the Nationals.

Eh, he may have just been messing with people or whatever but I don't really care either way. So damning of our organization that so many people don't want to play for us.

Offline skippy1999

So damning of our organization that so many people don't want to play for us.

So true :(

Offline PC

Apparently not:

James Wagner ‏@JamesWagnerWP  6h6 hours ago

A note from yesterday's post http://wpo.st/-M9-1 : Daniel Murphy had a 4-yr offer from another team but wanted to compete in Oct. w/ Nats

Offline skippy1999

Apparently not:

Nice :) I already didn't hate him as much as everyone else but this makes me like him now, thanks for posting that.

Offline whytev

Doesn't Trout do that too?

Offline Slateman

• thanosdidnothingwrong
https://twitter.com/AdamKilgoreWP/status/678017086476578816

Eh, he may have just been messing with people or whatever but I don't really care either way. So damning of our organization that so many people don't want to play for us.
Phillips has turned down other deals too.

Offline raleighnat

No problem with Phillips.  His right to decide and I respect his decision.  In fact, I would kind of admire a guy putting family first if that was the reason.  Worked out...we've got a guy who wants to be here.