Author Topic: Welcome home Brandon Phillips!!! . . . On 2d thought . . .  (Read 14624 times)

Offline Mr Clean

Re: Welcome home Brandon Phillips!!!
« Reply #150: December 18, 2015, 01:48:22 PM »
Here's what i think about whenever the Mets are mentioned:

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #151: December 18, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »
Let's stick to baseball, guys. I know you Americans love a good witch hunt but I'm here to talk about the Expos/Nats.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #152: December 18, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2015/12/18/reds-nationals-s-up-brandon-phillips/77566748/

"Cincinnati’s front office must convince the long-time Reds second baseman to accept a trade .....  Players often get more money or even more years added to their contract in return for waiving a no-trade clause ..."

I don't get the "more years" part.  From what I read, negotiations are strictly between the Reds and Phillips.  The Reds certainly cannot unilaterally add years to his contract, years that the Nat would be responsible for, without the consent of the Nats.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #153: December 18, 2015, 03:42:25 PM »
Shocked. This isn't the first time it's been reported that there is a connection to a Mets poster, but I refuse to believe because you gotta believe.  I wish ExposNats87 well and look forward to his next visit here with his wife. 
I've met ExposNats87's wife a few times in the last couple of weeks and she's been very generous.

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #154: December 18, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
I've met ExposNats87's wife a few times in the last couple of weeks and she's been very generous.

I'm sorry but you must be mistaken. My wife has been traveling South America with her good friend Dario from bible study. They are doing missionary work.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #155: December 18, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »
Can't we all just get along?  His wife gets along with so many people, she should be an example.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #156: December 18, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
I'm sorry but you must be mistaken. My wife has been traveling South America with her good friend Dario from bible study. They are doing missionary position.

a little bland, but I guess the travel makes it fun

Offline Ray D

« Reply #157: December 18, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »
They are doing missionary work position.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #158: December 18, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
a little bland, but I guess the travel makes it fun
You beat me.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

• Your 2018 Washington Nationals
« Reply #159: December 18, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
Cup is ours.  We signed Aaron Laffey!!!!! :minigunz: :minigunz: :az: :az: :clown: :clown: :clap: :clap:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #160: December 18, 2015, 04:51:49 PM »
Escobar had 7 errors last season. 7 errors in over 1000 innings. His defense was not really a problem, especially since he was hitting over .300.

Defense did not cost this team dearly last year. A crappy bullpen and having four of your top five hitters out for the majority of the season is what cost this team "dearly" last season.

But yes, let's pay 30 million for defense we could probably get for vet minimum.

Escobar played so shallow, he had no range.  He was not a good defensive 3rd basemen.  You know that.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #161: December 18, 2015, 05:06:20 PM »
Our defense also cost us inning and runs from our starters, which led to more use of crappy middle relievers who were also had to get more outs due to our crappy defense, and made are not great late inning guys even crappier.  A big part of our pitching problems last year were a result of the worst infield defense I've watched play since the Nats moved to DC.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #162: December 18, 2015, 05:09:23 PM »
Anything? Did they lose out again (to freakin' Cincinnati this time?!!!)?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #163: December 18, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
Our defense also cost us inning and runs from our starters, which led to more use of crappy middle relievers who were also had to get more outs due to our crappy defense, and made are not great late inning guys even crappier.  A big part of our pitching problems last year were a result of the worst infield defense I've watched play since the Nats moved to DC.

Lulz ... So much lulz

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #164: December 18, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »

That's a bit overdramatic.  The 2006 team, with Fat Vidro and Royce Clayton/Felipe Lopez up the middle, was appalling defensively.  Johnson was OK at first and Zimmerman was a very good 3B back then, but nothing surmounts having awful defense at both 2B and SS.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165: December 18, 2015, 06:00:10 PM »
OK, now that we all acknowledge what has been going on, I'm going to put the genie back in the bottle and move a lot of this stuff off the main board so that someone who wasn't on today doesn't know that Adriana was working with the FBI. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #166: December 18, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »
OK, now that we all acknowledge what has been going on, I'm going to put the genie back in the bottle and move a lot of this stuff off the main board so that someone who wasn't on today doesn't know that Adriana was working with the FBI. 
By the way, did you see that Debbi Taylor is a turncoat agent of Putin?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #167: December 18, 2015, 06:12:32 PM »
That's a bit overdramatic.  The 2006 team, with Fat Vidro and Royce Clayton/Felipe Lopez up the middle, was appalling defensively.  Johnson was OK at first and Zimmerman was a very good 3B back then, but nothing surmounts having awful defense at both 2B and SS.
Two seasons ago we had Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond on the same side of the infield. Magically, the Nats won 96 games. The  defense argument is complete bullcrap

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #168: December 18, 2015, 06:12:42 PM »
This man is an imposter. I've reported him to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. My wife's ex-boyfriend Joachim is a Mountie. He's a great guy. When I'm at work, he stops by to check on her (she has a few stalkers from her past).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169: December 18, 2015, 06:13:25 PM »
By the way, did you see that Debbi Taylor is a turncoat agent of Putin PUTIN!?
I've let a lot of misspellings go about the world's leading leader, but it is time to draw a line. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170: December 18, 2015, 06:14:21 PM »
This man is an imposter. I've reported him to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. My wife's ex-boyfriend Joachim is a Mountie. He's a great guy. When I'm at work, he stops by to check on her (she has a few stalkers from her past).
what exactly do they mount, these police?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #171: December 18, 2015, 06:14:52 PM »

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=33518.0

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #172: December 18, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »
Horses.

Offline welch

« Reply #173: December 18, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
Ok, let's phrase it this way:

- Phillips solves a problem that is not nearly as serious as trying to play a full season with Michael Taylor and Jason Werth as regular outfielders.

- Ladson reports that the Nats have not offered the Reds any of the top prospects. Maybe Reds will get AJ Cole and Taylor Hill or Taylor Jordan

- Maybe Phillips wants an extra year? Many free agents seem to want protection for their ages 36 - 40. (I don't know why Michael Cuddyer retired,  because he was supposed to make more in 2016 than in 2015...$12.5 million. Can't think of another player who did not try to hang on...and on...except for injured pitchers)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #174: December 18, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
Ok, let's phrase it this way:

- Phillips solves a problem that is not nearly as serious as trying to play a full season with Michael Taylor and Jason Werth as regular outfielders.

- Ladson reports that the Nats have not offered the Reds any of the top prospects. Maybe Reds will get AJ Cole and Taylor Hill or Taylor Jordan

- Maybe Phillips wants an extra year? Many free agents seem to want protection for their ages 36 - 40. (I don't know why Michael Cuddyer retired,  because he was supposed to make more in 2016 than in 2015...$12.5 million. Can't think of another player who did not try to hang on...and on...except for injured pitchers)
Last guy to walk away from money that I can recall was Gil Meche.