Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 41347 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
so are you just releasing Ramos?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Made me wonder...what years does Soriano's deferred money hit?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Made me wonder...what years does Soriano's deferred money hit?
I think last year and this.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
I think last year and this.

That's what I thought, but you never know. Shouldn't be a consideration in the current year's payroll -- thought the idea is to avoid luxury tax for the team/tax benefit for the player?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
That's what I thought, but you never know. Shouldn't be a consideration in the current year's payroll -- thought the idea is to avoid luxury tax for the team/tax benefit for the player?
I/D/K if the lux tax payroll calculation had Soriano at $14MM the 2 years he was here or whether the hit was only $7MM a year but spread over 4 years. How is deferred money treated?

The Soriano payments I think were to smooth actual outlays for payroll and not to game the taxes (MLB and IRS). Perhaps the Lerners are piling up some deferments expecting better cash flows from MASN.

Offline HalfSmokes

I/D/K if the lux tax payroll calculation had Soriano at $14MM the 2 years he was here or whether the hit was only $7MM a year but spread over 4 years. How is deferred money treated?

The Soriano payments I think were to smooth actual outlays for payroll and not to game the taxes (MLB and IRS). Perhaps the Lerners are piling up some deferments expecting better cash flows from MASN.

this is how cots explains Scherzer's contract
Max Scherzer rhp
7 years/$210M (2015-21)

7 years/$210M (2015-21)
signed by Washington as a free agent 1/21/15
$50M signing bonus
$5M in 2015 and $15M each in 2019, 2020, 2021
payments in equal semiannual installments, April-September
salaries: 15:$10M, 16-18:$15M annually. 19-21:$35M annually
2019-21 salaries ($105M) deferred without interest, to be paid in seven $15M installments each July 1 from 2022 to 2028
deferrals reduce contract’s present-day value to $191,401,086 (by MLB calculation) or $191,409,858 (MLBPA calculation)
for purposes of annual payrolls (including salaries and a pro-rated 1/7 share of the signing bonus), Scherzer will earn $17,142,857 in 2015, $22,142,857 annually in 2016-18, $37,405,562 in 2019, $35,920,616 in 2020, and $34,503,480 in 2021 (salaries and bonus paid before the contract expires are not discounted, but 2019-21 salaries are discounted to $30,262,705, $28,777,759 and $27,360,623, respectively, as money paid after deal’s expiration)
for luxury-tax purposes, Scherzer’s annual salary is $28,689,376

based on the last line, I assume the deferred money is counted during the years they player actually is under contract :shurg:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Sign Zack Greinke 5 yr/$155M
Sign Nori Aoki 2 yr/$10M

AJ Cole, Pedro Severino, Rhett wiseman
FOR
Aroldis Chapman

Giolito, Robles, Fedde, Lopez, Difo, Franco
FOR
Giancarlo Stanton, Nick Gordon

Escobar, Taylor, Roark, Stevenson, Voth, Reetz, Jordan
FOR
Chris Archer, Jake McGee, Brad Boxberger

Gio, Storen, Werth,
FOR
Hunter Strickland, Phil Bickford

Extend Dee Gordon 6yr/$102M ($17MAAV)  w/ 6 & 7th year club options for $20M +$3M buyouts each year

Extend Aroldis Chapman 4 yr/$48M

Offline Natsinpwc

Sign Zack Greinke 5 yr/$155M
Sign Nori Aoki 2 yr/$10M

AJ Cole, Pedro Severino, Rhett wiseman
FOR
Aroldis Chapman

Giolito, Robles, Fedde, Lopez, Difo, Franco
FOR
Giancarlo Stanton, Nick Gordon

Escobar, Taylor, Roark, Stevenson, Voth, Reetz, Jordan
FOR
Chris Archer, Jake McGee, Brad Boxberger

Gio, Storen, Werth,
FOR
Hunter Strickland, Phil Bickford

Extend Dee Gordon 6yr/$102M ($17MAAV)  w/ 6 & 7th year club options for $20M +$3M buyouts each year

Extend Aroldis Chapman 4 yr/$48M
That's all you have? 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline Natsinpwc

Seriously...no Trout...  :shrug:
I wanted Donaldson too. And Arieta.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Realistically, what would it take to get Stanton and Gordon?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Realistically, what would it take to get Stanton and Gordon?

Harper

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Giolito, Strasburg, and Taylor might do it.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
No it wouldn't

Why else would they do the trade? Isn't the issue now that the Nats won't be able to re-sign Harp? That's the same deal he's going to get, if not more.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Why else would they do the trade? Isn't the issue now that the Nats won't be able to re-sign Harp? That's the same deal he's going to get, if not more.

We're not trading Harper.  Pairing Harper and Stanton will be out Ruth and gehrig

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
We're not trading Harper.  Pairing Harper and Stanton will be out Ruth and gehrig

Make it happen, ZDK!

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Giolito is the top prospet in baseball after Buxton and Seager, Robles will be top 50, Fedde might be in there, and same for lopez

Offline Mr Clean

Giolito is the top prospet in baseball after Buxton and Seager, Robles will be top 50, Fedde might be in there, and same for lopez
Don't forget Koda.

Offline UMDNats

No one is more overrated on this board than Fedde.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
No one is more overrated on this board than Fedde.

???

If anything, I'd say he's underrated/less mentioned here. BA may have him as a top-100 prospect...

Offline UMDNats

???

If anything, I'd say he's underrated/less mentioned here. BA may have him as a top-100 prospect...

Maybe it's just the usual spam but I feel like people hype him up as a stud when his numbers are pretty mediocre so far (SSS obviously) and he's just barely in A-ball. I think people here vastly overrate our entire farm system, honestly.