Author Topic: Utley slide  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Utley slide
« Reply #25: October 13, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
Huge line down the street but worth the wait.  :woop:
Depends when you go.  My son thought the steak was a little dry but I like them.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: October 13, 2015, 10:45:48 AM »
Every player has a responsibility to protect themselves. We've certainly given Harper enough crap about over the years.

That's not even the same thing but you're probably in classic Slate contrarian mode.  :hysterical:

If he drags the foot across the base like you're supposed to, he probably doesn't get hurt. He also gives himself the opportunity to fall down on to Utley, with his elbow leading the fall directly in to Ultey's nose.

You're a clown. :clown:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #27: October 13, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
am i the only one who keeps hearing 'electric slide' when viewing this thread?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: October 13, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #30: October 14, 2015, 06:54:46 PM »
That's not even the same thing but you're probably in classic Slate contrarian mode.  :hysterical:

You're a clown. :clown:

! No longer available
That's how you're supposed to do it.

! No longer available

I guess that was dirty too?

! No longer available

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #31: October 16, 2015, 07:31:50 PM »
Problem was that Tejada was facing Murphy, not looking at the runner. Ordinarily, the pivot guy sees the runner and leaps. Might somersault and might kick the runner, but nobody gets hurt.

Perhaps Murphy should have thrown to 1B or just held the ball.

Since the season is over, this is a good time for everyone to read Gary Sarnoff's "The Wrecking Crew of '33". See the chapter "The War a Griffith Stadium". Yankee OF Ben Chapman had a habit of spiking Nats 2B Buddy Myer. Chapman spiked Myer when Myer was about ten feet from the bag, tearing the cleats from the heal of Myer's shoe. Myer landed and kicked Chapman in the head until both teams had mobbed the field, and fans had joined. Metropolitan Police had to stop the fight.

A great story. After the players were cleared away, two fans got into a fight. Playing baseball the right way???