Author Topic: Statgeeks at 538.com like TOR vs. the PIT/CHC winner in WS  (Read 516 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
It seems they don't really "like" Pitt and CHC to win the WS (lower odds) because they have a near 50/50 game coming up.  Those are the stronger teams, but will the winner be favored over St. L after they burn Arrieta or Cole and St L has home field advantage?

Also, really great to see my two favorite teams, the Nats and BoSox, are neck and neck for 15th and 16th best odds  :smh: 

Offline _sturt_

It seems they don't really "like" Pitt and CHC to win the WS (lower odds) because they have a near 50/50 game coming up.  Those are the stronger teams, but will the winner be favored over St. L after they burn Arrieta or Cole and St L has home field advantage?

Also, really great to see my two favorite teams, the Nats and BoSox, are neck and neck for 15th and 16th best odds  :smh:

The statement presumes the standard of measurement is the ELo, and on that basis, the statement is accurate. "Favored" seems to imply Las Vegas odds, which is a different standard of measurement. Am I missing something?

Offline _sturt_