Author Topic: Trea Turner Appreciation Station  (Read 32824 times)

Offline Matugi

Re: Trea Turner Appreciation Station
« Reply #175: August 15, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
I am in awe, he is really truly my favorite nat already, issue going forward though, if we do not view him as A SS is Espi and his dead bat coming back? is Trea going to be a full-time CF going forward when we let Revere walk because Zim and Murph are here for the next couple of years. I hope he can play short because his bat there, even with average at best defense would be amazing

My hope is Zim is old yeller 'd and we pick up a street SS, but realistically Trea is our CF and Danny SS until Kieboom or Difo are ready

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #176: August 15, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »
My hope is Zim is old yeller 'd and we pick up a street SS, but realistically Trea is our CF and Danny SS until Kieboom or Difo are ready
Well if I am not mistaken Revere is here for at least one more year so if he starts hitting he will be our CF next season. I can see Trip playing SS if the FO finally decides Espi is a bench player. The only caveat is if Zimm is not playing 1B full time next season and Murph slides over than Trip takes over 2B. That leaves a hole in LF because it is Werths' last season here and I do not see a 4th OF in the system that can fill-in next year as Werths defense is rapidly on the decline. I feel a FA acquisition for Werths replacement will happen in the off season or can he learn 1B at age 38(?).

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #177: August 15, 2016, 09:15:57 AM »
I am in awe, he is really truly my favorite nat already, issue going forward though, if we do not view him as A SS is Espi and his dead bat coming back? is Trea going to be a full-time CF going forward when we let Revere walk because Zim and Murph are here for the next couple of years. I hope he can play short because his bat there, even with average at best defense would be amazing

According to the experts here, Trea's arm sucks. I mean, we're spoiled by Bazooka Arm Danny. Who cares about a batting average!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #178: August 15, 2016, 09:21:57 AM »
Both Revere and Espinosa are under team control for another year.  I think where Turner plays has a lot to do with whether the Nats want to pay Revere or Espinosa final year arbitration money.  I don't feel comfortable with Turner playing another year in CF if they think he is their SS longer term, but if they think like Difo there, or they think they can play Espinosa for his home runs and defense longer term, or they expect to bring in Mystery FA / trade acquisition after 2017, then they could deal / let walk Revere.  Do you think Rizzo is willing to spend more than Nate McLouth money on a bench player for 2017?  I doubt it, so I don't expect to see both Revere and Espinosa back.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #179: August 15, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »
According to the experts here, Trea's arm sucks. I mean, we're spoiled by Bazooka Arm Danny. Who cares about a batting average!
I'm down with OBP - it's .320.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #180: August 15, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
Well if I am not mistaken Revere is here for at least one more year so if he starts hitting he will be our CF next season. I can see Trip playing SS if the FO finally decides Espi is a bench player. The only caveat is if Zimm is not playing 1B full time next season and Murph slides over than Trip takes over 2B. That leaves a hole in LF because it is Werths' last season here and I do not see a 4th OF in the system that can fill-in next year as Werths defense is rapidly on the decline. I feel a FA acquisition for Werths replacement will happen in the off season or can he learn 1B at age 38(?).

Espinosa is also here for another year. So is Werth.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #181: August 15, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
  Do you think Rizzo is willing to spend more than Nate McLouth money on a bench player for 2017?  I doubt it, so I don't expect to see both Revere and Espinosa back.
I would like to see Drew back if healthy with Espi as the other back up inf. Let Difo hone his skills in AAA for 2017

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #182: August 15, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
Espinosa is also here for another year. So is Werth.
I think I inferred that.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #183: August 15, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »
My bad, Revere is actually still arbitration eligible. We could have another Jerry Belvins situation, huh?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #184: August 15, 2016, 09:37:59 AM »
My bad, Revere is actually still arbitration eligible. We could have another Jerry Belvins situation, huh?
Given Zimmerman and Werth's health issues (and maybe Harper), you probably need to keep a quality 4th OFer.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #185: August 15, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »
I'm down with OBP - it's .320.

True, it's passable, if he plays great defense. I'm not sparking that debate up again...

He's trending downwards though. For everyone giving Harp a hard time, Espi is also hitting .154/.254/.202 in his last 30.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #186: August 15, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »
Given Zimmerman and Werth's health issues (and maybe Harper), you probably need to keep a quality 4th OFer.

Unless they sign a FA OF, I agree. I guess you could do worse, but $6M-$8M for a 4th OF is kind of a lot. I guess McLouth did it.

Offline whytev

« Reply #187: August 15, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »
Both Revere and Espinosa are under team control for another year.  I think where Turner plays has a lot to do with whether the Nats want to pay Revere or Espinosa final year arbitration money.  I don't feel comfortable with Turner playing another year in CF if they think he is their SS longer term, but if they think like Difo there, or they think they can play Espinosa for his home runs and defense longer term, or they expect to bring in Mystery FA / trade acquisition after 2017, then they could deal / let walk Revere.  Do you think Rizzo is willing to spend more than Nate McLouth money on a bench player for 2017?  I doubt it, so I don't expect to see both Revere and Espinosa back.

For that reason, I'd like Revere back. Keeps Taylor away.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #188: August 15, 2016, 11:59:44 AM »
For that reason, I'd like Revere back. Keeps Taylor away.
And Goodwin DeD and the others who are not ready like Stevenson Robles

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #189: August 15, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »
And Goodwin DeD and the others who are not ready like Stevenson Robles
I look at Revere as a player who gives you options when you know between Zim, Rendon, and Werth someone will be hurt. It's baseball and injuries happen.  Also, he bridges the gap another year until hopefully Robles, Bautista, or Stevenson has made it to AAA and has produced.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #190: August 15, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
Espi is also hitting .154/.254/.202 in his last 30.

Seemingly bunting all the time he does scratch out a hit...and HBP to get on base otherwise...

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #191: August 15, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Seemingly bunting all the time he does scratch out a hit...and HBP to get on base otherwise...

Greatest bunter and getting hit by pitches guy of all time.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #192: August 15, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
Maybe the greatest bunter of all time but the greatest HBP was the "Coach" on Cheers

Offline madj55

« Reply #193: August 15, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »
From what I've read Robles will be the greatest getting hit by pitches guy of all time.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #194: August 16, 2016, 12:21:04 AM »
The steal off the pitchout, i hope statcast has the numbers on it.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #195: August 16, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »
The steal off the pitchout, i hope statcast has the numbers on it.

That was amazing. People around me were wondering why I was going nuts. Kid is real good

Offline whytev

« Reply #196: August 16, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »
I can't remember ever enjoying an infield more than Rendon/Espinosa/Turner/Murphy.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #197: August 16, 2016, 01:09:25 AM »
yeah I would keep Revere then, and maybe even Espi for that one year for depth but Trea has to play regardless of position his bat and legs are needed

Offline whytev

« Reply #198: August 16, 2016, 02:25:17 AM »
yeah I would keep Revere then, and maybe even Espi for that one year for depth but Trea has to play regardless of position his bat and legs are needed

I'd love to see Trea at second the first game of each three game series with Zimmerman off, at short the second game with Espinosa off, and in centre the third game with Revere off.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #199: August 16, 2016, 02:29:03 AM »
I'd love to see Trea at second the first game of each three game series with Zimmerman off, at short the second game with Espinosa off, and in centre the third game with Revere off.

I like it but managers are funny