Author Topic: Trea Turner Appreciation Station  (Read 32742 times)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Trea Turner Appreciation Station
« Reply #25: September 30, 2015, 12:40:58 PM »
no, it will be good, maybe very good.

I will give you credit...I think you predicted 83 wins and no playoff's this year.  You nailed it...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #26: July 24, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »
Extend Turner! :whip: :worship: :az:

Offline whytev

« Reply #27: July 24, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »
With Taylor gone and Revere still struggling, I'm officially on team Trea in CF. If Espinosa can play 1st and left with no spring training/minor league time, Trea can play a passable CF.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #28: July 24, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
With Taylor gone and Revere still struggling, I'm officially on team Trea in CF. If Espinosa can play 1st and left with no spring training/minor league time, Trea can play a passable CF.

I just want him in the lineup, don't care where. Espi has been stinking again, he can play there as well at least once a week

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #29: July 24, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
My guess is Turner is DH in Cleveland and is back to platoon role at San Fran.

He should play every day. He's already a good leadoff hitter.

Offline whytev

« Reply #30: July 24, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
I just want him in the lineup, don't care where. Espi has been stinking again, he can play there as well at least once a week

Usual lineup:

Turner CF
Werth LF
Murphy 2B
Ramos C
Harper RF
Rendon 3B
Zimmerman 1B
Espinosa SS

Espinosa sits once a week with Revere getting in there and Turner playing SS

Zimmerman sits twice a week, once with Revere in CF, Turner at 2B, and Murphy on 1B, the other with Robinson swapping in.

Werth sits twice a week, once for Revere, once for Heisey.

Rendon or Murphy sits once a week in total, with Drew getting in there.

Trea sits once a week for Revere.

Resulting starts per 14 games:

Harper 14
Turner 12
Murphy 13
Rendon 13
Zimmerman 10
Werth 10
Espinosa 12
Revere 6
Heisey 2
Robinson 2
Drew 2
Catchers same as ever.

Offline whytev

« Reply #31: July 24, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »
My guess is Turner is DH in Cleveland and is back to platoon role at San Fran.

He should play every day. He's already a good leadoff hitter.

Turner won't DH. He'll play 2nd with Murphy DHing. Or he'll play 2nd with Murphy on 1st and Face DHing to ease his body back in.

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #32: July 24, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »
Trea needs to play. Whether they give Zim or Werth days off to make it happen--I don't care.

And, I would like to see a Turner start at 2B and Revere at CF with those two leadoff and #2, Murphy behind them. I want that kind of speed on the bases.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #33: July 24, 2016, 10:53:02 PM »
Zim will need as many at bats as possiblr

Offline More of #34

« Reply #34: July 24, 2016, 11:18:51 PM »
I love Trea.
He needs to stay
He fields well
And he runs like Hell 

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #35: July 25, 2016, 12:04:09 AM »
Usual lineup:

Turner CF
Werth LF
Murphy 2B
Ramos C
Harper RF
Rendon 3B
Zimmerman 1B
Espinosa SS

Espinosa sits once a week with Revere getting in there and Turner playing SS

Zimmerman sits twice a week, once with Revere in CF, Turner at 2B, and Murphy on 1B, the other with Robinson swapping in.

Werth sits twice a week, once for Revere, once for Heisey.

Rendon or Murphy sits once a week in total, with Drew getting in there.

Trea sits once a week for Revere.

Resulting starts per 14 games:

Harper 14
Turner 12
Murphy 13
Rendon 13
Zimmerman 10
Werth 10
Espinosa 12
Revere 6
Heisey 2
Robinson 2
Drew 2
Catchers same as ever.

I like this idea, but Dusty is our manager and last i checked he's a bit of a moron

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #36: July 25, 2016, 12:08:04 AM »
I like this idea, but Dusty is our manager and last i checked he's a bit of a moron

Rizzo is gonna demand that Zim start...he thinks Zim is gonna make this team better.   :hammer:

Offline whytev

« Reply #37: July 25, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »

Strongly disagree.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #38: July 25, 2016, 01:02:26 AM »
Rizzo is gonna demand that Zim start...he thinks Zim is gonna make this team better.   :hammer:

We've seen this movie.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #39: July 25, 2016, 02:57:56 AM »
Strongly disagree.

I have no confidence in him, he is a poor decision maker.. he is a very likeable person (which MW never was) but I feel as though a good 7-8 of our losses have been a direct result of his poor decision making. But lets agree to disagree because I won't change your opinion and i am sure you won't try to change mine.

Offline whytev

« Reply #40: July 25, 2016, 03:22:20 AM »

I have no confidence in him, he is a poor decision maker.. he is a very likeable person (which MW never was) but I feel as though a good 7-8 of our losses have been a direct result of his poor decision making. But lets agree to disagree because I won't change your opinion and i am sure you won't try to change mine.

I see why you think that. But everything is the long view. He is managing a season not a game. Consider the game in which Harper rested, then tied it up with that pinch hit homer, then didn't stay in the game. Heisey ended up the hero, but Dusty took some heat for not leaving Harper in. He said he promised Harper he could have his rest day because he remembered leaving Barry Bonds out one time and it ended up a marathon game. He kept his promise because he promised. You see a tactical error. I see a guy who wants a team there who will run through a wall for him in October, when he does have to go full tactician and make hard decisions. We can agree to disagree, but this is the marathon, not the sprint.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #41: July 25, 2016, 04:01:44 AM »
I see why you think that. But everything is the long view. He is managing a season not a game. Consider the game in which Harper rested, then tied it up with that pinch hit homer, then didn't stay in the game. Heisey ended up the hero, but Dusty took some heat for not leaving Harper in. He said he promised Harper he could have his rest day because he remembered leaving Barry Bonds out one time and it ended up a marathon game. He kept his promise because he promised. You see a tactical error. I see a guy who wants a team there who will run through a wall for him in October, when he does have to go full tactician and make hard decisions. We can agree to disagree, but this is the marathon, not the sprint.

Agree on the marathon not sprint theory, but for the same reason you mentioned let's bring up that same case where he managed for the day not the season... Papeldouche and Kelley I am sure both pitched their third consecutive day and it was our undoing today. In recent starts from little gio and Lopez we needed middle relief and he put one inning relievers in that spot when petit hadn't featured and then in last nights game he brought petit in after papelbon had crapped all over himself.

As I said likeable guy and he commands respect I just feel he is a poor decision maker

Offline whytev

« Reply #42: July 25, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
Agree on the marathon not sprint theory, but for the same reason you mentioned let's bring up that same case where he managed for the day not the season... Papeldouche and Kelley I am sure both pitched their third consecutive day and it was our undoing today. In recent starts from little gio and Lopez we needed middle relief and he put one inning relievers in that spot when petit hadn't featured and then in last nights game he brought petit in after papelbon had crapped all over himself.

As I said likeable guy and he commands respect I just feel he is a poor decision maker

You make some good points. I would have liked to see a double switch yesterday with Petit coming straight in for Giolito and sopping up as many innings as possible.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #43: July 25, 2016, 04:29:06 PM »
Had Kelley and Papelbon not collapsed we're sitting her today patting Dusty Baker on the back for guiding the club to a come from behind victory in a game where had to find 6 innings out of his bullpen.

Players make plays. I wish Dusty had made a couple different decisions yesterday but he didn't have that many bullets in his gun.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #44: July 25, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »

If you think Dusty's decisions are bad, look back at Dusty's managing in the playoffs. He made bad strategy move after bad strategy move and blew large leads in games and lost series leads.  I hope he's learned from his playoff decisions and doesn't crap the bed again.

Offline Optics

« Reply #45: July 25, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
If you think Dusty's decisions are bad, look back at Dusty's managing in the playoffs. He made bad strategy move after bad strategy move and blew large leads in games and lost series leads.  I hope he's learned from his playoff decisions and doesn't crap the bed again.

Well last years World Series was managed by Ned Yost and Terry Collins. Doesn't take a genius to win if you got good players.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #46: July 25, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »

:lmao:

You think Baker is so bad that with an average manager we'd 65-34? Imagine if we had, in your view, a good manager!

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #47: July 25, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »

You think Baker is so bad that with an average manager we'd 65-34? Imagine if we had, in your view, a good manager!

I'm sure there have been slices of luck go our way as well, say like Atlanta's opening day crap show... But yes Dusty Baker is a bad manager and his track record as a motivator is fine, but his actual management skills especially when it matters are a joke

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #48: July 25, 2016, 08:04:24 PM »
If the plan is to play Trea at CF then he better start getting reps now. I'm against him changing positions during the season, but if the club wants to try it they have to do it soon so he learns all of the nuances of playing the outfield. It's not as easy as people think. I would rather see him playing a position where he is comfortable at and that is at shortstop.

Offline Dave301

« Reply #49: July 25, 2016, 08:46:03 PM »
If the plan is to play Trea at CF then he better start getting reps now. I'm against him changing positions during the season, but if the club wants to try it they have to do it soon so he learns all of the nuances of playing the outfield. It's not as easy as people think. I would rather see him playing a position where he is comfortable at and that is at shortstop.

Chase Hughes ‏@chasehughesCSN  · 6h6 hours ago 
Trea Turner is ready to step in and play center field for the Nats if needed

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-nationals/trea-turner-ready-step-and-play-center-field-nats-if-needed?utm_content=buffer85039&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Dusty did say several days ago that Trea was already working on CF.