Author Topic: Trea Turner Appreciation Station  (Read 20167 times)

Offline whytev

Re: Trea Turner Appreciation Station
« Reply #25: July 25, 2016, 03:22:20 AM »

I have no confidence in him, he is a poor decision maker.. he is a very likeable person (which MW never was) but I feel as though a good 7-8 of our losses have been a direct result of his poor decision making. But lets agree to disagree because I won't change your opinion and i am sure you won't try to change mine.

I see why you think that. But everything is the long view. He is managing a season not a game. Consider the game in which Harper rested, then tied it up with that pinch hit homer, then didn't stay in the game. Heisey ended up the hero, but Dusty took some heat for not leaving Harper in. He said he promised Harper he could have his rest day because he remembered leaving Barry Bonds out one time and it ended up a marathon game. He kept his promise because he promised. You see a tactical error. I see a guy who wants a team there who will run through a wall for him in October, when he does have to go full tactician and make hard decisions. We can agree to disagree, but this is the marathon, not the sprint.