Author Topic: Remember when Manny said...  (Read 549 times)

Offline Dave B

Remember when Manny said...
« Topic Start: April 29, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »
something to the effect of "blown saves are demoralizing". I think I agree.  Although maybe this last one was a semi hard luck blown save.  couple groundballs and a solid hit.

was endy out at home?  i've never really been confident that a guy was going to be thrown out at home, but when I saw the hard hit right at kearns, and saw him get the ball while endy was at third, I was like "he got him".  only to be completely astounded when the ump said safe.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Remember when Manny said...
« Reply #1: April 29, 2007, 02:31:20 AM »
From the replay from the 3rd base angle, it looked to me like Flores simply missed the tag...  Chavez got by him (barely) without being touched.

And yes, blown saves are very demoralizing, especially after a game like this one.  I'm starting to think maybe Chad should just give up 10 runs if he's going to blow the save so that we don't have to keep wearing everyone out in extra innings like this.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: April 29, 2007, 02:33:02 AM »
From the replay from the 3rd base angle, it looked to me like Flores simply missed the tag...  Chavez got by him (barely) without being touched.

And yes, blown saves are very demoralizing, especially after a game like this one.  I'm starting to think maybe Chad should just give up 10 runs if he's going to blow the save so that we don't have to keep wearing everyone out in extra innings like this.

yeah he's going to wear out the bullpen.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: April 29, 2007, 02:36:20 AM »
Of course if our ridiculously un-clutch offense could give him more than 1 run to work with it might not be such an issue...

natsfan1a

« Reply #4: April 29, 2007, 10:48:39 AM »
That was my thought as well.

yeah he's going to wear out the bullpen.

« Reply #5: April 29, 2007, 11:19:43 AM »
Of course if our ridiculously un-clutch offense could give him more than 1 run to work with it might not be such an issue...

Perfectly said.  I don't think our pitching staff would be as worn down and pressured if the offense would be awake and alive on somewhat of a consistent basis.