Author Topic: The Official WNFF Tailgate Party Thread  (Read 3799 times)

nospinzone1

The Official WNFF Tailgate Party Thread
« Topic Start: April 28, 2007, 08:11:29 PM »
THINK WE COULD ORGANIZE AND GO TO A DAY GAME AND SIT ALL TOGETHER?

Offline kimnat

I think that would be great!!

That would be fun if we could get enough of us together.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Tickets shouldn't be hard to come by (other than the Cubs series in July).

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
im in. just let me know!

• babble on
Nats/Pirates June 7 (a Thursday, 1:00) might be a candidate...unless it goes to 13 innings, the early start will hopefully mean a miss on the evening rush hour. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Well unless I take a day off from work, the only games I would ever conceivably make it to are on Saturday and Sunday.  Fridays are a "maybe" and anything during the week is pretty much not doable for me because of my work schedule :(

I'll definitely try to make it if we can work out a game that works for everyone though.

Offline KyleScha

I'm in for a sunday or most weeknight games. I'd probably be the youngest one though, I'm 20.

Offline kimnat

Ok, lets take a Sunday game.  I know we have the blows on May 20.  that's a Sunday.

Offline Ericas Nats

OK Kim, we need to Tail gate, and plus this could be the coming out party for the t-shirts...

lol

Offline kimnat

That's a great idea!  I'm still waiting to hear from Barbra Silva.  But I think if we create them as is w/o getting a profit from it, we should be fine.  At least in my opinion.  Run it by Matt.

nospinzone1

THINK WE COULD ORGANIZE AND GO TO A DAY GAME AND SIT ALL TOGETHER?

AS I SAID DOLLS AND GUYS AS LONG AS IT IS A DAY GAME, PLEASE.

Offline kimnat

That's what we're shooting for.  And to get Chief here, I'm recommending a Sunday afternoon game.

Offline saltydad

The 20th sounds great!

• babble on
That's one of my games in my usual seats, but we'll certainly pop by and visit if that's the game you guys decide on.  I love day games!!

Offline kimnat

Yeah, we have seats that day, too.

Offline Ericas Nats

LOLOL!  Wow Erica!  We have a fan club!  Thanks nospin.  I've never received that type of compliment before!  :D

aww.. im blushing... we totally all need to have a tail gateing party and go to a game. we should rent the diamond club seats! it would be sooooooooo worth it

Offline kimnat

Now that would be totally fun!  Expensive, but super fun!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I vote we tailgate party instead, since some may already have tickets and budgets for seating differ.

Offline kimnat

How about this idea then?  We do the tailgate bit.  But those who want to can get the cheap seats together for the game.  The others can sit in their regular seats and just come by and visit the group seating area.  I think being together would make the "bad" seats, not so bad.  Unless everyone wants to commit to another location that will cost more, but not go for the outrageous prices.  Something upper deck around home to first to avoid the afternoon sun?

Offline nats2playoffs

This thread is mind boggling.  One minute we are talking stalking major league baseball players and the next we are talking about tailgate parties.  WOW!

It costs $15 to park at RFK Stadium. 
So everybody can meet at, umm... Ryan Zimmerman's house,
(or at his next public appearance.)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
This thread is mind boggling.  One minute we are talking stalking major league baseball players and the next we are talking about tailgate parties.  WOW!

NOTLD, I haven't met a thread yet I couldn't get over to the discussion of tailgate parties, LOL

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
bump, this is now the official WNFF tailgate party thread ;)

Offline kimnat

Cool deal!  Thanks Chief.

Offline saltydad

How about this idea then?  We do the tailgate bit.  But those who want to can get the cheap seats together for the game.  The others can sit in their regular seats and just come by and visit the group seating area.  I think being together would make the "bad" seats, not so bad.  Unless everyone wants to commit to another location that will cost more, but not go for the outrageous prices.  Something upper deck around home to first to avoid the afternoon sun?

This sounds like the perfect solution. I'll be in the "cheap" group..do we have someone who can get the tickets for us poor people?