Author Topic: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3  (Read 7016 times)

Offline pazzo83

Re: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #150: August 23, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »
LMAO wtf was Segura swinging at.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #151: August 23, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »
Segura swings it like Desi.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #152: August 23, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
Maybe the Mets are beginning their collapse. They only scored one run in the first inning today. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #153: August 23, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
The strike calls have been awful today, especially for the Brewers.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #154: August 23, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »
Maybe the Mets are beginning their collapse. They only scored one run in the first inning today. 

:hang:

Offline pazzo83

« Reply #155: August 23, 2015, 04:28:43 PM »
:hang:

I just flipped to that game for a sec, their starter doesn't really look all that impressive.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #156: August 23, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
The strike calls have been awful today, especially for the Brewers.

I'll give you credit BiL. You may be insufferable but you at least are a bit objective when it comes to umpires and the strike zone.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #157: August 23, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »
CarGo GIDP against the Mets. Of course.

Offline pazzo83

« Reply #158: August 23, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
CarGo GIDP against the Mets. Of course.

Then freaking Flores makes a nice stop on a hot shot by Arenado, no runs after 1st and 2nd, nobody out.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #159: August 23, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
A couple of series wins in a row. Let's hope this is the beginning of something. I would love to see the Nats just put a little bit of pressure on the Mets and see if their young staff can handle it.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #160: August 23, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »
Nice. Keep winning series, but a long winning streak is needed.  :clap:  :w:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #161: August 23, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »

jeezus, TT...give a guy a few seconds to post the  :w:...  :hysterical:

Offline pazzo83

« Reply #162: August 23, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »
The Rockies look like a low-A team right now.  Wow.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #163: August 23, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »
Scoring Summary    MIL  WSH
1st Lucroy homered to center, Gennett scored. 2 0
1st Zimmerman doubled to deep center, Werth scored. 2 1
3rd Desmond reached on infield single to pitcher, Rendon scored, Harper to third, Zimmerman to second. 2 2
3rd Espinosa doubled to deep right center, Harper, Zimmerman and Desmond scored. 2 5
5th Gennett homered to right. 3 5
5th Ramos homered to center. 3 6
5th Rendon homered to left center, Taylor and Werth scored. 3 9
6th Herrera doubled to deep right, Santana scored. 4 9
8th Davis homered to center.  5 9

Colorado Rockies       5
Washington Nationals  9
Pitchers                          IP  H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST  ERA
Zimmermann  (W, 10-8) 5.2 8  4  4   1   7   2  116-79 3.54
Garza (L, 6-14)              4.2 8  7  7   6   7   1  101-55 5.26

NATIONALS WIN!!!!!
POST ANOTHER

Online orders only at DC area Papa Johns: Discount code nats50
for 50% off your entire order tomorrow. 

Offline Optics

« Reply #164: August 23, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
The Rockies look like a low-A team right now.  Wow.

But against us they play like the '98 Yankees. Such a joke.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #165: August 23, 2015, 05:23:13 PM »
ATTENDANCE at this match: 28,039 (67.6% full)   

:uk:

This match is SCHEDULED to being repeated on MASN
after the Orioles' extra inning game and post game show
ends this afternoon (which means it probably won't be shown at all)
and at 12:30 pm tomorrow afternoon

Online orders only at DC area Papa Johns:
Discount code nats50 for 50% off your entire order. 

The Walking Dead spin-off, Fear the Walking Dead, premieres on cable TVs AMC channel tonight at 9:00 pm, after a one-hour preview on The Talking Dead with Chris Hardwick at 8:00 pm.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #166: August 23, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
But against us they play like the '98 Yankees. Such a joke.

They just took what the Nats gave them. The Nats are the joke.

Offline madj55

« Reply #167: August 23, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
Sat behind Turner's parents at the game. Ray Knight and Holliday came over and talked to them for a bit. Only time he saw the field was catching the ceremonial first pitch. Nice family.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #168: August 23, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »
<-------------------------------------                            This

So, I spend the first four innings sweltering in the seats along the 1st base line.    Time for a walk about  ....   headed up to the 300s to see if my season ticket holder was in the house  ...   nope.     Walked out to the far end of the 3rd deck by the picnic tables in left and took in the view.    Walked down the ramp and stopped between the 2nd and third level.    Looked down along the left field line.   Right at the foul pole was a guy in a Harper jersey.   He was with an adult woman and two girls.    Wondered if it was Slateman.   He had a baseball cap on ...  no sombrero.     Walked up to the Loft and got a beer.   It was crowded so I made my way over to the Miller party spot.    Move all the way into the corner to watch the rest of the game alone.   It was about the 6th inning.   Two young guys come over to my private corner.    One pulls out his cell phone and takes a picture of the circular scoreboard/display above the Loft.    There was a bank of lights on the fritz (home score between 3rd and 4th inning on the display facing the main scoreboard).     I asked the guy, "What?   You takin a picture of the Loft?"     So happens he works for the company that runs the scoreboards at Nats' Park.    He was documenting the outage for a work order request.   

There is a MLB camera in center field mounted just below the spot we were at.    I asked the signage guy what was it for.    He said, "Ask my buddy, he works for MLB.com."     At this point I asked for ID.    They produced their corporate IDs.    Man, did we BS after that.   They're from NYC.   One is a Mets fan.   One is a Yankees fan.    They're both Giant's fans.    We discussed the Nats (and Matt Williams), Mets baseball, football, the Sports Reporters, Wrigley, Fenway, old Yankee Stadium, sports history and how to replace a circuit board in the scoreboard. 

Great day at the Park and a  :w: to boot.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #169: August 23, 2015, 06:37:49 PM »
so we won, I don't bother waking up for day games on work days now as this team isn't worth the lost sleep. happy we won - i'll watch the replay throughout the day

Offline tomwvr

« Reply #170: August 23, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »

So, I spend the first four innings sweltering in the seats along the 1st base line.    Time for a walk about  ....   headed up to the 300s to see if my season ticket holder was in the house  ...   nope.     Walked out to the far end of the 3rd deck by the picnic tables in left and took in the view.    Walked down the ramp and stopped between the 2nd and third level.    Looked down along the left field line.   Right at the foul pole was a guy in a Harper jersey.   He was with an adult woman and two girls.    Wondered if it was Slateman.   He had a baseball cap on ...  no sombrero.     Walked up to the Loft and got a beer.   It was crowded so I made my way over to the Miller party spot.    Move all the way into the corner to watch the rest of the game alone.   It was about the 6th inning.   Two young guys come over to my private corner.    One pulls out his cell phone and takes a picture of the circular scoreboard/display above the Loft.    There was a bank of lights on the fritz (home score between 3rd and 4th inning on the display facing the main scoreboard).     I asked the guy, "What?   You takin a picture of the Loft?"     So happens he works for the company that runs the scoreboards at Nats' Park.    He was documenting the outage for a work order request.   

There is a MLB camera in center field mounted just below the spot we were at.    I asked the signage guy what was it for.    He said, "Ask my buddy, he works for MLB.com."     At this point I asked for ID.    They produced their corporate IDs.    Man, did we BS after that.   They're from NYC.   One is a Mets fan.   One is a Yankeees fan.    They're both Giant's fans.    We discussed the Nats (and Matt Williams), Mets baseball, football, the Sports Reporters, Wrigley, Fenway, old Yankee Stadium, sports history and how to replace a circuit board in the scoreboard. 

Sounds like an awesome day

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #171: August 23, 2015, 07:40:21 PM »
Only way it could have been better is if that was me, not you.

Pretty self-centered. I know.

There is a MLB camera in center field mounted just below the spot we were at.    I asked the signage guy what was it for.    He said, "Ask my buddy, he works for MLB.com."     At this point I asked for ID.    They produced their corporate IDs.    Man, did we BS after that.   They're from NYC.   One is a Mets fan.   One is a Yankees fan.    They're both Giant's fans.    We discussed the Nats (and Matt Williams), Mets baseball, football, the Sports Reporters, Wrigley, Fenway, old Yankee Stadium, sports history and how to replace a circuit board in the scoreboard. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #172: August 23, 2015, 10:07:49 PM »
jeezus, TT...give a guy a few seconds to post the  :w:...  :hysterical:

:shrug:

:-[

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #173: August 23, 2015, 10:28:08 PM »
:shrug:

:-[

Went to post the  :w: after the game ended and it had already been posted...figured it was you...  :shrug:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #174: August 23, 2015, 10:31:54 PM »
Went to post the  :w: after the game ended and it had already been posted...figured it was you...  :shrug:

Look, you want me to let Nathan sneak in there and get it?  Nathan????

TSMFB.

Our members expect top service. Top. The moment the game is done that  :w: goes up.  Unless we're all out drinking somewhere...