Author Topic: Nats fans are getting mean  (Read 3895 times)

Offline madj55

Re: Nats fans are getting mean
« Reply #50: August 06, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with booing players. wussy Nats fans always say, "How would you feel if you got booed at your job?" Unlike professional athletes making millions of dollars, most of us would get fired before we got the chance to get booed. If Ian Desmond was as horrible in a normal profession as he is at baseball he would've been let go last month. You pay to watch them play, you can boo. I can't boo because I'm with my little brothers and they still need to just enjoy the game at that age, but one day they'll understand why it happens.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #51: August 06, 2015, 01:08:57 PM »
With their pitching, they just need to score 3 and it's game over unless their bullpen decides to pull an Aaron Barrett.

Their pitching won't last. 

Seriously. Harvey coming off of TJ.  Syndergaard, a rookie, will probably be on an innings limit. DeGrom is now close to the number of inning total from last year and should be on a limit of 25-30% more (maybe 50 more innings most).

Now you can say, well the Mets aren't going to impose limits.   Fine, then they'll hit the wall on their own.   Everyone who complains about the 2012 limit on Strasburg conveniently forgets that he hit the wall just before he was shut down.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #52: August 06, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »
The Nats have always had it easy compared to other cities. I don't believe in booing guys just because they didn't get a hit, or couldn't make a specific play. That Philly nonsense of simply booing a guy every time they make an out but cheering when they don't demonstrates ignorance of the game. It's like when the Yankees ruthlessly booed ARod for any failure at the plate, but would then cheer his HRs.

But it is different when an organization trots out guys in the same situations when it clearly isn't working. I rarely boo, but I remember going crazy when they kept putting WMP out there when he had no business being on the team. HRod was another example. So was Daniel Cabrera.

Ian Desmond will never be a high OBP guy, and he will continue to occasionally boot a routine grounder while making other spectacular plays. But the level of stupidity in his approach at the plate has gotten ridiculous. The guy is lazy as crap. Every other player in baseball studies pitchers and watches film. According to Davey, Ian was the one player who never bothered to look at film. The guy acts like a beer league softball player who thinks he can just go up there and take a hack at anything. Of course he is going to catch one every once in a while, but big deal. Give me a contact guy who can think at the plate over that crap any day.

Aaron Barrett spazzed out in the playoffs last season and was a complete embarrassment. A lot of guys can throw hard. To win, you have to have bullpen guys who can deal with situations. He CAN'T. He deserves to be booed, because the organization needs to hear it from the fans that trotting out failed experiments just isn't an acceptable approach.

:clap:

On point.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #53: August 06, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
If you are in sports just for the championships, I suggest you give them up by lunchtime. Sure, winning is great and makes everything better but you gotta handle the bad with the good. It's part of the fun for me.

dude, DC is one of the most cursed sports cities in this country, along with Cleveland.  And even Cleveland has Lebron and has been to NBA Finals like 3 times in the past decade.  We havenet had a conference final appearance in 24 years.  Add in a consistent theme of teams with world class talent undersperforming, or bad injuries occuring, and a reasonable case could be made that DC is the hardest luck sports town in the nation.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #54: August 06, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »
  We havenet had a conference final appearance in 24 years. 

I'm not a hockey fan at all but I did hear a rumor that the Caps were in the finals, a few years ago.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #55: August 06, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
17 years ago...four MLS Cups too, but those were all over a decade ago as well.
I'm not a hockey fan at all but I did hear a rumor that the Caps were in the finals, a few years ago.

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #56: August 06, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »
first time in three years
turned off Nats with no reason
game unwatchable

NANF ?????

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #57: August 06, 2015, 01:31:03 PM »
You had good reason
Easter Island head with gum
Lets Barrett crap bed

first time in three years
turned off Nats with no reason
game unwatchable

NANF ?????

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #58: August 06, 2015, 01:42:05 PM »
Have your ever sat next to a fan who shouts at the players on the field at the top of his lungs at various times in the game? Not much fun, is it?

Sitting next to someone who boos all the time is the same thing. An occasional booing is all right I guess but I always try to be respectful to the fans around who paid for their tickets too.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #59: August 06, 2015, 01:56:56 PM »
the fans were certainly booing Barrett & Rivero last night, but the crowd went nuts when T-Mo came in to pitch.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #60: August 06, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
17 years ago...four MLS Cups too, but those were all over a decade ago as well.

The Freedom (Mia Hamm, Abby Wambach et al) won the Founders Cup as WUSA champions in 2003...then the league folded.

At least the Mystics won last night.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #61: August 06, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »

yeah, forgot that one while i was typing.  Still, that's 17 years, and 1 in 24 years.

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #62: August 06, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/08/06/to-boo-or-not-to-boo-that-was-the-question-wednesday-night-at-nats-park/

I have things to say about this subject even more, but I just get angry when I type it out.  Thank god for the Backspace button.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #63: August 06, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »
I don't have a problem with people who boo.  I don't have a problem with people who don't boo.

To each his own. I wish everyone would stop being The Fan Police. :shock:

Offline madj55

« Reply #64: August 06, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
GburgNatsFan with the quick delete. I didn't say if you don't boo you're a wussy. I said if you use that line of reasoning for telling people not booing you are. Maybe not a wussy, but a person who wants to give everyone a participation trophy.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #65: August 06, 2015, 02:39:03 PM »
And good to know the Sports Bog read this forum for the story idea this morning.

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #66: August 06, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »

This to the 7th power!

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #67: August 06, 2015, 02:40:44 PM »
GburgNatsFan with the quick delete. I didn't say if you don't boo you're a wussy. I said if you use that line of reasoning for telling people not booing you are. Maybe not a wussy, but a person who wants to give everyone a participation trophy.

Live and let live, my friend. Let people enjoy their leisure time any way they want. It's just a game.

hell, I'm as just as emotionally invested as anyone in the Nats but I'm a grownup with more important things to get upset about. :mg:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #68: August 06, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »

:shock: :lmao:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #69: August 06, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
Live and let live, my friend. Let people enjoy their leisure time any way they want. It's just a game.

:hysterical:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #70: August 06, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »
BIL - you must be looking in a mirror.  How is anyone on here any more/less the fan police than you are ?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #71: August 06, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
BIL - you must be looking in a mirror.  How is anyone on here any more/less the fan police than you are ?

Don't get defensive. I'm just saying in general that people (like the ones quoted in the Sportsbog) article who criticize fans for booing or not booing should chill out. It's not a big deal either way. Just let fans enjoy the game they want. As long as they don't interfere with other fans enjoyment. And this is key. Read on.

Now I know I get criticized for being the fan police because I tell people to stop nagging all the time on the GDT. That's because I think all the whining takes away from other people's enjoyment of the GDT. A little whining (like a little booing) is ok but everything in moderation, for crying out loud.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #72: August 06, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »
Don't get defensive. I'm just saying in general that people (like the ones quoted in the Sportsbog) article who criticize fans for booing or not booing should chill out. It's not a big deal either way. Just let fans enjoy the game they want. As long as they don't interfere with other fans enjoyment. And this is key. Read on.

Now I know I get criticized for being the fan police because I tell people to stop nagging all the time on the GDT. That's because I think all the whining takes away from other people's enjoyment of the GDT. A little whining is ok (like a little booing) is ok but everything in moderation, for crying out loud.

:shock: BiL being rational

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #73: August 06, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
:shock: BiL being rational

Have you ever sat next to someone one at game who just screams their lungs out at the players, the umps, other fans, etc. That's what it's like being on the GDTs some nights. I just tell the shouters to calm down sometimes so the rest of us can enjoy the game (or the GDT.) If that's being the Fan Police, get me a badge.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #74: August 06, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »