Author Topic: Colin Cowherd and Dominicans  (Read 2589 times)

Online Natsinpwc

Re: Colin Cowherd and Dominicans
« Reply #25: July 24, 2015, 08:30:29 PM »
He has dissed John Wall on several occasions for no apparent reason and will not admit he made a mistake in his original assessment. So he was dead to me already. Not surprised about anything he says.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #26: July 24, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
Why does someone who takes Cowherd to task for what he said have to be angry? I'm not angry and I still think what he said was pretty demeaning to Dominicans, same as it would be to Italian people if he'd said "even someone from Italy can figure it out" or to women if he'd have said "even a chick can figure it out" he can try to qualify it all he wants after the fact but his statement was derogatory and if I were Dominican I'd probably be angry and want to punch him in the face but as it is I just find him pathetic, I don't know why you insist anyone who doesn't agree with your viewpoint is angry and wrong :smh:
Will someone please diagram that sentence?

Especially if you are a Dominican Republican chick who eats Italian food.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #27: July 24, 2015, 08:46:45 PM »
Will someone please diagram that sentence?
(Image removed from quote.)
Especially if you are a Dominican Republican chick who eats Italian food.

Alright it was a bit of a run on but I was at work and rushed and c'mon you get my gist :mg:

Offline whytev

« Reply #28: July 24, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »
It was racist. No question. I wonder at the motivation for defending it as anything but.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #29: July 24, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
Cowherd is out at ESPN. He was leaving for FOX, but he got canned from ESPN today.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #30: July 24, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »
It's tough to tell if it was racist or just taking a shot at a third world country. It's just like what he said about Wall when he came out of college.  Hard to tell if it's racist or just stupid or both. Fox must be pleased. I had read that he will be doing some non sports things for them. Fits in perfectly.

Offline whytev

« Reply #31: July 25, 2015, 04:45:20 AM »
It's tough to tell if it was racist or just taking a shot at a third world country.

Since when are these things mutually exclusive?