Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF  (Read 48141 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF
« Reply #25: July 22, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »
A 50 FV is in the 80-150 range for Kiley. A 55 is top-80. A 60 is top-30. For reference.

Given his age and approximate place on a top-100 list, sounds like he's the equivalent of a good mid-1st round HS draft pick in terms of current value? For example, Derek Hill was drafted 23rd in 2014 and Kiley ranked him 132nd with a 50 FV. Alex Jackson was drafted 6th in 2014 and Kiley ranked him 20th with a 60 FV. Sounds like Robles is somewhere in the middle.
I almost think I need a translator for this stats stuff; sounds like he is a very good prospect then and a great signing.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #26: July 22, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
The numbers don't really matter, Kiley just works in FV. I was just trying to figure out where he's insinuating that Robles would go on an updated prospects list. It sounds like top 100 maybe, which is amazing for a low-A OF.

Offline Matugi

« Reply #27: July 22, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »
The numbers don't really matter, Kiley just works in FV. I was just trying to figure out where he's insinuating that Robles would go on an updated prospects list. It sounds like top 100 maybe, which is amazing for a low-A OF.

Yeah, he's on a fast track to a top-30 ranking midseason next year.

Offline natasaurus

« Reply #28: July 23, 2015, 10:06:29 PM »
4-5 tonight. HR, triple, and two singles.

Offline daggerrrrrr

« Reply #29: July 23, 2015, 10:11:50 PM »
Beast!!! I think we have a special one on our hands.

Offline Matugi

« Reply #30: July 24, 2015, 12:52:07 AM »
4-5 tonight. HR, triple, and two singles.

Call him up

Offline daggerrrrrr

« Reply #31: July 24, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
From baseball prospectus..

Hitter of the Day: Victor Robles, OF, Nationals (Auburn, SS): 4-5, R, 3B, HR, K.
 Robles is a name that you’re going to be hearing about more and more over the next few years. Having just turned 18, he’s already worked his way out of the Gulf Coast League after torching it for a month. He’s immensely talented, with his only real flaws at this point being a general lack of pro experience and a need for the strength that comes with age. As an up-the-middle defender with plus bat speed and already-refined swing mechanics, he’d be atop my acquire list if I were a team talking trade deals with the Nationals, though I doubt they’d have any interest in parting with him.

Offline GMUTrkstar

« Reply #32: July 24, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
Robles #2 Prospect in the Hotsheet:

2. Victor Robles, of, Nationals
3ds_nationals81

Team: short-season Auburn (New York-Penn)
Why He’s Here: .542/.571/.917 (13-for-24), 6 R, 2 2B, 2 3B, 1 HR, 8 RBIs, 2 BB, 3 SO, 1-for-2 SB

The Scoop: Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez are the twin peaks of the Nationals’ system, but Robles isn’t far behind. The five-tool talent quickly bullied his way out of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League and has made an early impact in his new surroundings. He opened his stay in the northeast with a three-hit game, and in launched his first home run just four games later. He’s a five-tool player with arm strength and footspeed that both rank as plus-plus already.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/prospect-hot-sheet-july-24/

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #33: July 24, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
Call him up.

Offline natasaurus

« Reply #34: July 24, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »
From the hot sheet chat:

Warren (New London): Ben, I mostly just want to say thanks for the terrific work you do on the international market. It must be a great feeling to watch a guy like Victor Robles develop. How good could he become? Is there a player you'd compare him to?

Ben Badler: Thanks. It is cool, although I imagine it’s much cooler for Johnny DiPuglia and the Nationals’ international scouts who signed him. There’s risk in any 18-year-old, especially one who hasn’t faced his first full-season test there, but he checks off all the boxes you’re looking for between the bat speed, hitting ability, strike-zone awareness for his age, athleticism, speed and arm all at a premium position. Usually you’re looking at a player who has either premium tools or a high baseball IQ, but Robles gives you both in one player, along with game performance that’s been happening going back to last year in the DSL and this year in extended spring training before he started tearing up the GCL and the NY-Penn League. The tools he has are what you see from the stars on TV. That’s a pretty sweet upside to have, which is why he’s got a chance to be their best prospect within a year or so once Turner and Giolito graduate.

Offline DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
« Reply #35: July 24, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150724&content_id=138357820&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp&sid=milb

Nationals OF Victor Robles, Class A Short Season Auburn: 4-for-5, HR, 3B, 2 RBI, R, K -- Perhaps no player in the Minors has seen his stock rise faster since the short-season leagues opened than Robles, who entered the year hyped for his tools but had yet to play a game in the United States. After torching the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League with a .370/.484/.562 line, Robles jumped to the New York-Penn League, where the 18-year-old has a .500/.522/.900 line through five games. Robles has five-tool potential and is showing remarkable polish for his age. If you're looking for a sleeper to blossom into an elite prospect in the next year or two, Robles would be on the short list of best bets.

Online blue911

« Reply #36: July 24, 2015, 07:11:56 PM »
Lead off home run .

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #37: July 31, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »
Robles tripled and scored last night.  After 11 games at Auburn: .370/.412/.652.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: July 31, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
Assume he starts next year at Hagerstown and may be in Potomac before end of 2016

Offline daggerrrrrr

« Reply #39: August 01, 2015, 08:26:14 AM »
Vin (AL): Do you think V. Robles will land on the top 100 list at end of season?

Ben Badler: He will be on mine. We will probably have Daz Cameron, who we ranked the No. 5 prospect in the draft where he got $4 million, in the Top 100. Tool for tool, Robles grades out equally or better across the board, his game awareness in all facets is strong, and his game performance has been tremendous. There’s risk because he’s still so many levels away from the big leagues, but all the indicators of a potential star are here.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/baseball-america-prospect-chat-6/

Comment From Martin:
 Is V. Robles another guy who has made a big leap into one of your lists?

Kiley McDaniel: ENORMOUS leap, yes thanks for reminding me. Could be top 50 in baseball, easy top 100. Teams were asking about him and couldn’t pry him loose in the last few months. Anthony Alford is another one that was off the top 200 and will be top 100 now.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kiley-mcdaniel-prospects-chat-73115/

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #40: August 01, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »
I'll be in upstate New York next Friday, so I'm planning on driving 40 miles out of my way to catch Robles in Auburn.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'll miss Fedde's turn.  I don't recognize too many other names on the roster, except for Jakson Reetz, Mariano Rivera, and Rhett Wiseman.  Anybody have any player they want me to look out for?

http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t458

Online blue911

« Reply #41: August 01, 2015, 11:08:36 AM »
I'll be in upstate New York next Friday, so I'm planning on driving 40 miles out of my way to catch Robles in Auburn.  Unfortunately, it looks like I'll miss Fedde's turn.  I don't recognize too many other names on the roster, except for Jakson Reetz, Mariano Rivera, and Rhett Wiseman.  Anybody have any player they want me to look out for?

http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t458

Jake Jefferies. I just want to know if he looks as whiny as his old man.

Offline AR

« Reply #42: August 02, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »
Stevenson. Could be future leadoff bat if he makes it.

Offline natasaurus

« Reply #43: August 02, 2015, 11:11:54 PM »
Stevenson. Could be future leadoff bat if he makes it.

Stevenson's doing pretty well in Hagerstown after a slow start. Whether he made adjustments to his swing or kept it the same, the swing's working well right now. It's nice to have a position prospect who doesn't strike out much. I'm curious as to whether he'll start in Hagerstown or Potomac next season. An outfield of Stevenson, Robles, and Wiseman would be fun to see.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #44: August 03, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »
Robles 5 for 7 with a walk!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #45: August 03, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Robles 5 for 7 with a walk!
Call him up!

Offline natasaurus

« Reply #46: August 03, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
Call him up!

=Wilmer Difo

Harrisburg won 16-12 in 11 innings, and Difo raised his batting average almost 20 points! And Difo had 4 SB. He deserves some consistent playing time in the minors after all of that back and forth.

Robles was 2-4, which is still good.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #47: August 04, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »
Robles was 2 for 4 Sunday with a 2B and 2 RBIs, and 1 for 3 yesterday.

Offline Matugi

« Reply #48: August 05, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »
2 for 3 with a double today, batting .343.  I would imagine he'll end the season at Hagerstown then play some fall ball, and start next year a Potomac.  2017 ETA is very realistic at this point.

Offline RD

« Reply #49: August 05, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
2 for 3 with a double today, batting .343.  I would imagine he'll end the season at Hagerstown then play some fall ball, and start next year a Potomac.  2017 ETA is very realistic at this point.

That's really premature. He's doing very well in short season ball. But moving from short season to the bigs in 2 years? That's a lot to ask.

He just turned 18. They won't be that aggressive with him. If he hits Hagerstown this year (which is not certainty with just a month left in the season), he's still starting there again next year. Not Potomac. Hell be 18 to start the year with less than one full season in the states, with no experience as of yet in full season ball. Pushing him to Potomac to start next year is a stretch imo.