Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF  (Read 32069 times)

Online Elvir Ovcina

Re: Follow the Prospects: Victor Robles, OF
« Reply #125: August 15, 2016, 01:33:33 PM »
Very nice. Sounds like you're getting to a fair amount P-Nat games, huh? I'm wondering if the injury is still hurting him, especially turning his wrists? Does he crowd the plate a ton? The videos I've seen he definitely does, but I'm wondering if that's changed after the injury?

There's not too much top talent in Potomac right now, but I wouldn't mind hearing more on guys like O. Abreu, Carey, Crownover, Keller, Schrock, etc... in the general minors thread!

I've been to maybe 4 since he and Schrock have been there, so not a huge number.  Went yesterday in Frederick because I had a Keys raincheck from earlier in the season and not many chances left to use it.  I might write a bit more if I have a chance, but vis a vis the 5 you listed, the basic story is that Abreu looks OK but doesn't stand out, same for Crownover the one time I saw him, Carey isn't hitting the center of the ball but is a good defender, Keller looks good and hits stuff hard, but the real question is whether he can play CF at least passably (where he won't get chances with the logjam at and above his level), and Schrock still looks locked in.  The most interesting thing yesterday was the starting pitcher.