Author Topic: Washington Wizards 2015/16--Can we finally get past round 2?  (Read 32747 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Gortat's a nut.   :)

If there's a mention of Baltimore, on the unis or anywhere else - I'll turn it off.

Lookin' over the link, it appears Baltimore will be displayed.    Ted doesn't get it.    He has no idea that Dandridge never played in Baltimore (with the Bullets at least).

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Bring the freaking name back already.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Bring the freaking name back already.

These days it doesn't look like any permanent name change is in the works, so Bullets supporters should savor this Throwback Night while they can.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Thanks, captain obvious.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Thanks...good to know...you rock, VaRK!

No sweat...  ;)

Offline mitlen

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Uh, you got a promotion.

Not really...I'm generally known as a major pain in the ass...  ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

If they miss on durant, I think they're up a creek, they have wall, they'll have to either max out Beal or watch him walk, and they'll still need another very good player, but they really have no way to get that player.
If no KD, they should target Al Horford.  Or maybe Ryan Anderson.

Offline Natsinpwc

If there's a mention of Baltimore, on the unis or anywhere else - I'll turn it off.
It's part of their history; to be fair they should have a Washington Bullets night also.

Ted is just waiting or old lady Pollin to die so he can change the name; I think he promised the old man he would never change back.

Offline Natsinpwc

Not really...I'm generally known as a major pain in the ass...  ;)
Major Payne or Captain Obvious?  Just pick one.  :)

Offline mitlen

Major Payne or Captain Obvious?  Just pick one.  :)

General Principle

Offline mitlen

It's part of their history; to be fair they should have a Washington Bullets night also.

Ted is just waiting or old lady Pollin to die so he can change the name; I think he promised the old man he would never change back.

When are we going to do an Expos retro?

(Actually, I wouldn't mind.)

Offline Natsinpwc

When are we going to do an Expos retro?

(Actually, I wouldn't mind.)
me neither; can you text the Lerners?

Offline mitlen

me neither; can you text the Lerners?

I'll tell 'em at dinner.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline Natsinpwc

So much for throwback night--they look terrible no matter what uniforms they wear.  Lottery here we come.  At least the Maryland game is on.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
It would be one thing if the team just sucked like it does, but it's lazy too. That's just no bueno.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
...once again, a day late and 13,695 Indonesian rupiah short, against an opponent with a worse record but which fought them tooth-fang-and-claw in the early going...this team is really hurting in the mental toughness department.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm starting to think adding a lottery pick into the mix may not be the worst thing long term

Offline OldChelsea

...in the meantime, from the 'it won't be better but I'll settle for different" department, the Mystics' 2016 fixture list was released yesterday: http://mystics.wnba.com/schedule/#?month=05&season=2016&seasontype=02

Offline mitlen

Grant, Danny and Chris Miller were discussing the Wiz on 106.7 this morning.    They discussed John Wall, the fans, Gortat, Wittman, Wizards' woes and all sorts of Wiz basketball stuff.    After all that, they got around to Durant and his coming here.    There was a pause and Miller said, "Why would he want to come here?"

Offline Natsinpwc

Grant, Danny and Chris Miller were discussing the Wiz on 106.7 this morning.    They discussed John Wall, the fans, Gortat, Wittman, Wizards' woes and all sorts of Wiz basketball stuff.    After all that, they got around to Durant and his coming here.    There was a pause and Miller said, "Why would he want to come here?"
Mom's home cooking. Doesn't have to fly here out to OKC for the season. That's all I can think of.

Offline HalfSmokes

I can see why Durant would leave OKC- ownership unwilling to pay luxury tax, westbrook is likely gone after 2017, it's OKC, but none of that means he's coming here

Offline OldChelsea

...and attendance is off 5.06% from last season (2014-15 average 18,238/fixture; 2015-16 average 17,315/fixture) - although I'm sure the STH price increase (about 30% where I used to sit) had something to do with that too.

Offline mitlen

Mom's home cooking. Doesn't have to fly here out to OKC for the season. That's all I can think of.

Pretty much.   Only thing that crossed my mind was "home sick".