Author Topic: Danny Espinosa loves 2015 - at least half  (Read 12469 times)

Offline whytev

Personally, I prefer Danny's defensive utility. Essentially,  he's giving you what Zobrist would have given you without having to trade.  I want Turner or Difo by next May or June at SS.  Espinosa can start there, but use him if any other starter goes down.

This is correct.

Offline whytev

What a humble, classy guy. Love his attitude.

Not sure I've ever heard him speak before, but his California accent is pretty funny. He could probably be a pro skateboarder too.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

I can't wait to see if Espinosa loves July 2015

Offline whytev

I can't wait to see if Espinosa loves July 2015

So far so good!

Offline nfotiu

What a humble, classy guy. Love his attitude.

Not sure I've ever heard him speak before, but his California accent is pretty funny. He could probably be a pro skateboarder too.
I agree. 

Hmm, reading between the lines a bit, it suresounds like he has his eye on being the Nats starting SS.  He's got my vote.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That was a truly amazing stache

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

Re: Danny Espinosa loves months
« Reply #156: July 05, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »
Prettttay, pretty good ballplayer

Online Natsinpwc

but does he love July?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
but does he love July?

July ain't a girl.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Danny Espinosa loves 2015 - at least half
« Reply #160: July 06, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
OK, safe to say he loves the first half of the season.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #161: July 06, 2015, 05:01:49 PM »
Stud. Opening day short stop next season.

Offline madj55

« Reply #162: July 12, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »

The resurgence. S/o to Espi.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #163: July 12, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
I was on Espinosa's case as much as anybody.    However, I have to give him a lot of respect after the first half of 2015.    Not only is he playing well, he over came a lot of negativity.    His play last year probably grated on him more than any of us.   He's a tough character.      Now, if he could give Desmond a few lessons in that aspect of the game.

Offline madj55

« Reply #164: July 12, 2015, 09:16:33 AM »
I've always been a big Espi fan. That said, I haven't always been the most positive about him. Thought he was done for after the last two years. Glad I was wrong and can wear his #18 shirsey again.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #165: July 13, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »
I have hated on him as much as anyone. I'm glad that people who aren't me call the shots and I'm really glad at the turnaround in the first half.  Hope it stays the case and we can write off the last two years as the result of injury and pressing. 

For those who backed Danny 100% in the last couple of years, you are free to rub it in my face.

Offline madj55

« Reply #166: July 13, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »
For those who backed Danny 100% in the last couple of years, you are free to rub it in my face.
Mike Rizzo is literally the only one.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #167: July 13, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »

Given his nature (the contrarian) I figure there's high odds that Slateman will get to mock me.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #168: July 13, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »

:crackup:

I don't feel bad at all for being down on Danny, he SUCKED.  Yay that he's good this year but he seriously was given way too much time with the big league team to figure it out when he should've been doing it in AAA, he was such a dark spot in the lineup last year and the year before it was depressing just knowing we'd be forced to watch him flail away bat after bat, night after night. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #169: July 13, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »
:crackup:

I don't feel bad at all for being down on Danny, he SUCKED.  Yay that he's good this year but he seriously was given way too much time with the big league team to figure it out when he should've been doing it in AAA, he was such a dark spot in the lineup last year and the year before it was depressing just knowing we'd be forced to watch him flail away bat after bat, night after night. 
Yeah, I don't feel bad either, Danny made major changes to his approach & how he bats, so it's not like he just got lucky/unlucky. He actually had bad habits, and he's fixing them. Which is awesome.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #170: July 14, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Yeah, I don't feel bad either, Danny made major changes to his approach & how he bats, so it's not like he just got lucky/unlucky. He actually had bad habits, and he's fixing them. Which is awesome.

The jinx fairy won't be happy with that attitude.    :)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #171: July 14, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »
Given his nature (the contrarian) I figure there's high odds that Slateman will get to mock me.

Naw man, I gave up on him too. I deserve to be mocked as well.

However, I do think had Danny had surgery and actually committed to hitting from one side of the plate, this recovery would have happened far sooner.

Offline PC

« Reply #172: July 14, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »

There's a poster here who backed him to the hilt...when I was on the Desmond bandwagon a couple of years ago.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #173: July 14, 2015, 11:52:33 AM »
However, I do think had Danny had surgery and actually committed to hitting from one side of the plate, this recovery would have happened far sooner.

Can't disagree with that. I still wonder what goes on in the locker rooms and medical staffs. I know that a lot of players want to avoid surgery/tough things out because they don't want to lose their starting job, or because of machismo (don't want to be labelled Strasburgs), or they honestly just don't think it's affecting them that much.  On the flip side, the medical staffs seem to either miss a lot of crap or put on a bandaid, shoot them with cortisone and say 'suck it up, buttercup!'

I wonder how the contracts work in that regard - can the team force a player to get surgery or quit? Can the player request surgery and be told no? It seems like the player should get to have the final say on if they get operated on or not, but it also seems like the team should have some sort of contract out if a player refuses it.  So much room for abuse on the team side that it's got to be player friendly, right?

Anyone actually know anything about this in a real world way?  Doesn't MDS do something that gives him insight into the real behind the scenes world? Am I thinking of someone else?

Offline Optics

« Reply #174: July 14, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »
I always liked Espi but can't say I supported him. I wanted him gone as much as anyone. Kudos to Rizzo for being patient. That's why hes the Godfather and were mere schmucks.