Author Topic: STGDTx2 March 21st. At Atlanta, vs. Marlins  (Read 705 times)

Offline whytev

STGDTx2 March 21st. At Atlanta, vs. Marlins
« Topic Start: March 21, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
I'm game daying the Marlins game and watching the Braves game.

Offline whytev

Re: STGDTx2 March 21st. At Atlanta, vs. Marlins
« Reply #1: March 21, 2015, 02:04:18 PM »
Espinosa playing 3rd.  I wish I could see that game.

If Frandsen and Espinosa keep hitting south of the Mendoza, I really like the chances of Uggla sticking around and one of them getting shopped.  Once Espinosa learns 3rd, they almost have the same job.  Frandsen is better in the OF, Espinosa is better in the IF, they're both not that great with the bat.  I'd rather get rid of Frandsen and keep Moore.  Moore plays the two positions that Frandsen can play (and Espinosa can't).

Offline whytev

« Reply #2: March 21, 2015, 02:12:38 PM »
Uggla just hit one out in the un-televised game.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #3: March 21, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »
Espinosa playing 3rd.  I wish I could see that game.

If Frandsen and Espinosa keep hitting south of the Mendoza, I really like the chances of Uggla sticking around and one of them getting shopped.  Once Espinosa learns 3rd, they almost have the same job.  Frandsen is better in the OF, Espinosa is better in the IF, they're both not that great with the bat.  I'd rather get rid of Frandsen and keep Moore.  Moore plays the two positions that Frandsen can play (and Espinosa can't).

So help me here...our bench is McLousy, Moore, Frandsen, Espinosa (ugh), Loboton.  Why not carry 11 pitchers, add Taylor for Span, and keep Uggla while we sort things out with Span and his DL stint?  Better yet, keep McLousy on the DL...all season...

Uggla has a minor league contract, doesn't he?  Espinosa still has options, doesn't he? 

Offline Optics

« Reply #4: March 21, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »
I feel like Uggla is going to be our unsung hero this year. It's crazy that I'm saying that but I really believe it.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #5: March 21, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
So help me here...our bench is McLousy, Moore, Frandsen, Espinosa (ugh), Loboton.  Why not carry 11 pitchers, add Taylor for Span, and keep Uggla while we sort things out with Span and his DL stint?  Better yet, keep McLousy on the DL...all season...

Uggla has a minor league contract, doesn't he?  Espinosa still has options, doesn't he?

I bet Moore gets traded. Let's not forget that he sucks without regular at bats. I'm comfortable saying Espinosa needs to see pitches Righty Righty at AAA and I think you are right and he has at least one more option. McLouth will start on the DL since his value is in his defense as a late inning replacement. If he can't throw because of soreness, put him on the DL and run Gwynn out there until McLouth comes back or if Gwynn sticks (doubtful) just dump McLouth.

Ideally I'd go Lobaton, Frandsen, Uggla, Carp and Gwynn. Actually, Carp's spot could be him or Clint Robinson, whoever is hitting better by the end of ST.

Offline whytev

« Reply #6: March 21, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »

My suggestion involved getting rid of Frandsen or Espinosa at some point.  To save Moore.  Before everyone comes back from the DL.

Offline whytev

« Reply #7: March 21, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
I bet Moore gets traded. Let's not forget that he sucks without regular at bats. I'm comfortable saying Espinosa needs to see pitches Righty Righty at AAA and I think you are right and he has at least one more option. McLouth will start on the DL since his value is in his defense as a late inning replacement. If he can't throw because of soreness, put him on the DL and run Gwynn out there until McLouth comes back or if Gwynn sticks (doubtful) just dump McLouth.

Ideally I'd go Lobaton, Frandsen, Uggla, Carp and Gwynn. Actually, Carp's spot could be him or Clint Robinson, whoever is hitting better by the end of ST.

I know most people don't agree, but Gwynn will stick.  Gwynn and Uggla are both going to be successful reclamation projects that make Rizzo look like a genius.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #8: March 21, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
I know most people don't agree, but Gwynn will stick.  Gwynn and Uggla are both going to be successful reclamation projects that make Rizzo look like a genius.

You're right...I don't agree on Gwynn...

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #9: March 21, 2015, 02:48:47 PM »
Where exactly is the Braves game being televised? They have the Phillies on MLB Network.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #10: March 21, 2015, 08:55:06 PM »
Recap of games?