Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244091 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #825: September 15, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »
You can bring in a Subway sammich, but there's a Potbelly down the street, so why would you?

Because I'm a Wal-mart kind of guy in a target world

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #826: September 15, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
RFK was great...you could bring in a chafing dish and a fondue pot and security wouldn't care. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #827: September 15, 2017, 11:26:53 AM »
On last question. Are soft sided coolers allowed in?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #828: September 15, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
On last question. Are soft sided coolers allowed in?

Yes...just have to be pretty close to their overall size requirements.  They go into that on the Park faq's on the website.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #829: September 15, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
It is a small one, it fits in my backpack. I was just curious if that was going to be an

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #830: September 15, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
Security really got taken up a level this year (metal detectors, hats must come off, etc).  It hasn't stopped some people from bringing an expedition pack full of power tools and hardware to games though  :evil:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #831: September 15, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »
You can also bring in an unopened water bottle per person.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #832: September 15, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »
Security really got taken up a level this year (metal detectors, hats must come off, etc).  It hasn't stopped some people from bringing an expedition pack full of power tools and hardware to games though  :evil:

This is my first year going to a lot of games. It hasn’t always been like this? I am not clear what the security folks are looking for with the hat thing and when they look inside the tiny pockets in my bag. 😡

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #833: September 15, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
Weapons can be concealed in a hat.

I’m not clear what weapons you could hide that wouldn’t be picked up by the metal detector. And if they won’t set off the metal detector, why not just put it into your pockets, which aren’t searched.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #834: September 15, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
I’m not clear what weapons you could hide that wouldn’t be picked up by the metal detector.
A yarmulke made out of C4?

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #835: September 15, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
Im a Marine. I am a weapon. Two knife hands and a honed tongue as back up weapons.  :hysterical:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #836: September 18, 2017, 11:00:37 PM »
I’m not clear what weapons you could hide that wouldn’t be picked up by the metal detector. And if they won’t set off the metal detector, why not just put it into your pockets, which aren’t searched.

My wife actually posited that the removal of hats isn’t to check for weapons, it’s so everyone’s face is visible for the cameras for facial recognition. She works at a secure institution and they do the same thing for that reason. This makes more sense to me.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #837: September 19, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »
My wife actually posited that the removal of hats isn’t to check for weapons, it’s so everyone’s face is visible for the cameras for facial recognition. She works at a secure institution and they do the same thing for that reason. This makes more sense to me.
So I could mess this up if I went in with a clown mask?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #838: September 19, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »
I asked a security guy once and he said they were checking for flasks. Seriously.

This is my first year going to a lot of games. It hasn’t always been like this? I am not clear what the security folks are looking for with the hat thing and when they look inside the tiny pockets in my bag. 😡

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #839: September 19, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
I asked a security guy once and he said they were checking for flasks. Seriously.
It's where I always used to keep mine. 😄

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #840: September 19, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »

Plastic flasks. Put it in your pocket...problem solved

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #841: September 19, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »
Plastic flasks. Put it in your pocket...problem solved

They check cargo pants pockets. Your buying alcohol at the park is very important to them. :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #842: September 19, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

I noticed they don't generally ask women to remove their hats in the "No Bags/Purses" lanes.   It's certainly a sexist policy.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #843: September 19, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
I noticed they don't generally ask women to remove their hats in the "No Bags/Purses" lanes.   It's certainly a sexist policy.
they should insist on wigs and toupes coming off.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #844: September 19, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
they should insist on wigs and toupes coming off.

I'm lookin' at things as an old "observer".    If ya make a guy take his hat off and there's no "weapon"/contraband, that's one less thing you have to worry about missin' in a detector walk through or a wand wave.    He's inspected himself.

They would probably avoid the toupe/wig thing for the same reason they avoid crutches, etc.    It's a personal (possibly medical condition related) search and they don't wanna go there.     Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eriste next thing ya know they'll be doin' cavity searches.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #845: September 19, 2017, 12:28:33 PM »
OT   I was up in 405 on Saturday and took a look out to the new soccer digs.    She's really comin' along.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #846: September 19, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
OT   I was up in 405 on Saturday and took a look out to the new soccer digs.    She's really comin' along.

...which reminds me...need to get ticket to DC United's home finale against Red Bull New York (The Club Formerly Known As The MetroStars), Sunday 22nd October, kick-off 16.00...it may well be the last-ever league match of any kind played at RFK Stadium, since I don't think the Black and Red will qualify for post-season...farewell to over half a century of Senators, Nationals, Redskins, Diplomats, Team America, Federals, DC United and Freedom history - and much more.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #847: September 19, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
...which reminds me...need to get ticket to DC United's home finale against Red Bull New York (The Club Formerly Known As The MetroStars), Sunday 22nd October, kick-off 16.00...it may well be the last-ever league match of any kind played at RFK Stadium, since I don't think the Black and Red will qualify for post-season...farewell to over half a century of Senators, Nationals, Redskins, Diplomats, Team America, Federals, DC United and Freedom history - and much more.

Someone will invent a new league. Professional outdoor lacrosse. Something. :)

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #848: September 19, 2017, 01:34:20 PM »

They should move the PNats there :P

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #849: September 19, 2017, 01:34:43 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste next thing ya know they'll be doin' cavity searches.
My teeth are fine so I have nothing to worry about.

That's what you meant, right?