Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242150 times)

madj55 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #750: August 10, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »
Tater tots with BBQ pork on top at See You Tater (CF plaza) and the chicken biscuits at the Virginia biscuit stands. (I forget their names). I have friends who swear by the G (Mike Isabella) sandwiches but I've never had one.

Virginia Country Kitchen  (sec 114). My favorite flavor at the See You Tater is the international wok (pork belly, kimchi, onions, cucumbers). The Sandwiches at G (sec 136) are actually really, really good and good sized easy to split for two. Kapnos (sec 301) is also there which is also quite good.  Mike Isabella has a restaurant called Catchfly (sec 301) which is Southern food. I hear it is good but haven't tried it yet.  I also like Blue Smoke (sec 240). It's far away from my seat, though, so I don't get to go often. It is next to the shake shack and is by the same guy who founded Shake Shack ( I also enjoy a shackburger on occasion).
Other samplings that I have found to be tasty:
Ice cream sandwich at On Rye (Sec 114)
Bahn Mi Dog at Haute Dogs (CF Plaza)
Pinch Dumplings (sec 302)
Italian Sausage burger at Grand Slam Grill (Sec 110 and 141); This was surprisingly good and was spicy if you like that. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #751: August 10, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
Article on Talk Nats today about food and beer options: http://www.talknats.com/2017/08/10/eat-nats-park-week/#disqus_thread

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #752: August 10, 2017, 11:13:43 AM »
Article on Talk Nats today about food and beer options: http://www.talknats.com/2017/08/10/eat-nats-park-week/#disqus_thread

But it's not safe to eat...  :stir:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #753: August 10, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
Do they ever make RCR tickets available in the PNC diamond club? I'm looking for ways to use my points. The section looks like its on the map, but it is never clickable. Also, How much does a suite run?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #754: August 10, 2017, 11:21:06 AM »
Do they ever make RCR tickets available in the PNC diamond club? I'm looking for ways to use my points. The section looks like its on the map, but it is never clickable. Also, How much does a suite run?

I have jumped in as soon as the tickets have become available...the exact moment... and have never found more than 1 solo seat in the PNC Club.  I think others have done better, but it's dicey...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #755: August 10, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
I have jumped in as soon as the tickets have become available...the exact moment... and have never found more than 1 solo seat in the PNC Club.  I think others have done better, but it's dicey...

when do they become available? When is that moment?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #756: August 10, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »

Suites are 14,000 points for a weekend and 17,500 for a weeknight.  That gets you 15-20 tickets depending on the suite, and 4 parking passes. You can buy 3-4 additional tickets for $100 a pop if you want. You just get the suite, no catering, so either hit the concessions or do up a catering order. The catering is pricey, as you'd expect, but there are some halfway decent packages that can be a halfway decent value (ok maybe not "value" per se but there are a couple of less painful choices).

I may be able to sell some individual Diamond Club games next season, so if you want tickets for reasons other than burning off RCR points, I may be able to help you out.   

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #757: August 10, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
But it's not safe to eat...  :stir:

That's what I told the author on Twitter.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #758: August 10, 2017, 01:28:22 PM »
In case any SPH wants to exchange former Mets 7/5 tickets for a game other than the make-up, the drop down menu no longer lists the game as 7/5.  It is now the 2d game on the reschedule date (8/27, I think). 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #759: August 10, 2017, 02:06:40 PM »
when do they become available? When is that moment?

Game time...30 days in advance.  Will get a little screwy here in a few weeks...all ticket requests have to be in by the end of August.  You should get notice of the exact date in advance.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #760: August 10, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »
Suites are 14,000 points for a weekend and 17,500 for a weeknight.  That gets you 15-20 tickets depending on the suite, and 4 parking passes. You can buy 3-4 additional tickets for $100 a pop if you want. You just get the suite, no catering, so either hit the concessions or do up a catering order. The catering is pricey, as you'd expect, but there are some halfway decent packages that can be a halfway decent value (ok maybe not "value" per se but there are a couple of less painful choices).

I may be able to sell some individual Diamond Club games next season, so if you want tickets for reasons other than burning off RCR points, I may be able to help you out.

I would be interested in some Diamond Club tickets next year...if that works out for you.

Offline machpost

« Reply #761: August 10, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
Tater tots with BBQ pork on top at See You Tater (CF plaza) and the chicken biscuits at the Virginia biscuit stands. (I forget their names). I have friends who swear by the G (Mike Isabella) sandwiches but I've never had one.

The chicken parmesan sandwich from G is pretty great, but the Nashville hot chicken sandwich from the Mike Isabella place in the upper deck was a big disappointment. The chicken was tough, too small, and not nearly spicy enough in my opinion. It looked like they essentially doused it in Frank's Red Hot. There was more iceberg lettuce on it than chicken.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #762: August 10, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »

I asked the staff last night because I'm trying to get some. She said the supply is extremely limited.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #763: August 10, 2017, 07:20:28 PM »

Yes, this is very good (Thanks JCA for putting me on to those).  Last Tuesday I tried the lamb gyro from that place on the top level near the Devil's backbone stand, pricey at $15 but very good.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #764: August 11, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »
Do the Nats allow printing of RCR tickets or exchanged tickets, etc. I try to send them to people and it requires the use of the ballpark app. It’s reqlly annoying.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #765: August 11, 2017, 06:15:49 PM »
Do the Nats allow printing of RCR tickets or exchanged tickets, etc. I try to send them to people and it requires the use of the ballpark app. It’s reqlly annoying.

They email you RCR tickets attached to the email, with instructions to print them.  Just forward the email to them...

Another first world problem...  ;)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #766: August 11, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »
The Fake GPS app on Android works great to allow check ins to the MLB Ballpark app from the comfort of home.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #767: August 19, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
Winterfest is $46 per day apparently. Is it worth it? Is it worthwhile if I don't have kids?

I'll go with no, it's not worth it. I used to go every year and always had fun but that's a lot of cash just to bask in the presence of some MLB players. Maybe if they are celebrating a World Series win.

At $45 a pop and only two tickets available for my four ticket plan why don't they just make it an adults only event?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #768: August 19, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
In their advertising they say 22 bucks per day. Is the 46 for both days?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #769: August 19, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
In their advertising they say 22 bucks per day. Is the 46 for both days?

Or is it two tickets for one day? Mine pops up the same way - for both of my seats.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #770: August 20, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
In Mason District Park, this is the second Dream Foundation field. Unlike the Zimmerman one by Nats Park this one is strictly for baseball.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #771: August 24, 2017, 11:39:12 PM »
What’s involved in season plan holder appreciation party?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #772: August 25, 2017, 12:42:26 AM »
What’s involved in season plan holder appreciation party?

Lots of autographs, photo ops, hang out on the field, maybe get some swag. All the players will be there but some are aloof and it can be crowded so bring your patience.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #773: August 29, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »
Because of all the "good food" stands which never have any lines, a fan has to spend 10 days standing in line just to get a hot dog at a baseball game

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #774: August 29, 2017, 06:02:13 PM »
Wonder what improvements, if any, they might make prior to the All Star Game?