Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244086 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #700: August 02, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
Can someone tell me, LoveAngelos, why Norfolk Southern, advertises at Nats Park? I mean I can't think of the last time I needed to secure the services of a freight train

As Red Foxx used to chant "we don't drink, we don't smoke, Norfolk Southern, Norfolk Southern"

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #701: August 02, 2017, 07:42:19 AM »
Can someone tell me, LoveAngelos, why Norfolk Southern, advertises at Nats Park? I mean I can't think of the last time I needed to secure the services of a freight train

As Red Foxx used to chant "we don't drink, we don't smoke, Norfolk Southern, Norfolk Southern"

Sure, I can explain, the fans who sit in the regular seats would not be likely customers, but Norfolk Southern is targeting the 1% types who frequent the club.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #702: August 02, 2017, 07:53:53 AM »
That's basically it - that's why I've never gone there (apart from, of course, the fact that my season ticket level does not entitle me to admittance there).

I have read of a scoreboard from the 1924 World Series Championship season that is maintained there - they need to bring that out to where all fans can see it, not just some corporate/lobbyist foofs who have no sense of history and who have nothing but a bloated sense of entitlement. The baseball history of this town should be accessible to all.

So true, baseball used to be a working man's sport, now even the players are foofs.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #703: August 02, 2017, 08:17:09 AM »
Sure, I can explain, the fans who sit in the regular seats would not be likely customers, but Norfolk Southern is targeting the 1% types who frequent the club.

Seat cost is comparable (and sometimes less) than the field level in the infield.  Proud to have Aspenbubba and Shoeshineboy among my fellow 1% ers.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #704: August 02, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
That's basically it - that's why I've never gone there (apart from, of course, the fact that my season ticket level does not entitle me to admittance there).

:hysterical:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #705: August 02, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »

I thought it was something like "we don't drink, nor smoke, norfolk, virginia.  Regardless, I see what you did there.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #706: August 02, 2017, 09:15:55 AM »

spider and I go to the 200s from our Delta seats to mix with the unwashed masses.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #707: August 02, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »
What sorts of things do they have at the Kosher stand, and where is that?
In centerfield, on the entrance level, to the RF side of the escalators / stairs to the scoreboard walk.  It is Max's, and will give you a big pita filled with falafel. That's my go to, with extra pickles and some hot sauce.  There's also beef schwarma, beef Italian-style sausage and peppers, chicken schnitzel, and potato knishes.  It's closed Friday nights and Saturdays for the Jewish Sabbath, as well as on Jewish Holy Days. 

There used to be another schwarma / falafel place along the left side of CF, but it is gone this year, I think.  BiL used to be a fan of that place.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #708: August 02, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »
The advantages of the NS Club are the padded seats, easy access to refreshments and rest rooms, less exposure to sun and mist, and a place to warm /cool on extreme days.  Full bars are nice, too.  You can get out of the sun on the 3d base side, upper deck, too, but need to go several rows up in the 400s to get rain cover.  Price-wise, it's cheaper than anything in the lower bowl from dugout to dugout, so this unwashed v. 1% stuff is a little BS.  Were I making the decision for my group, I would have preferred 201 - 205 for the price break, or the back end of section 111-113 where you get some of the shade, easy in and out of the seats, etc...

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #709: August 02, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
The advantages of the NS Club are the padded seats, easy access to refreshments and rest rooms, less exposure to sun and mist, and a place to warm /cool on extreme days.  Full bars are nice, too.  You can get out of the sun on the 3d base side, upper deck, too, but need to go several rows up in the 400s to get rain cover.  Price-wise, it's cheaper than anything in the lower bowl from dugout to dugout, so this unwashed v. 1% stuff is a little BS.  Were I making the decision for my group, I would have preferred 201 - 205 for the price break, or the back end of section 111-113 where you get some of the shade, easy in and out of the seats, etc...

We've sat in those seats a few times.  The views are very good.  The fans in them are generally not paying much attention to the game.  You nail the biggest advantage to having NS Club access: On hot days it is wonderful to be able to go inside and cool down a bit.  The lines for food also generally aren't that long, and the last time i was there, they had a decent sushi stand.   I'd never pay to sit there, but I've been willing to take tickets offered to me on occasion. :)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #710: August 02, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »
Look, it's not just about price, working class baseball fans can afford a nice seat on occasion. The club is where you go if you wear slacks to the ballpark and you don't want the fans around you doing the sprinkler when the Dance Cam comes on.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #711: August 02, 2017, 10:35:42 AM »
We've sat in those seats a few times.  The views are very good.  The fans in them are generally not paying much attention to the game.  You nail the biggest advantage to having NS Club access: On hot days it is wonderful to be able to go inside and cool down a bit.  The lines for food also generally aren't that long, and the last time i was there, they had a decent sushi stand.   I'd never pay to sit there, but I've been willing to take tickets offered to me on occasion. :)
The elitist stuff is a bit much for most in the club seats. I was in a season ticket group there composed of government workers. Perhaps you are one that thinks govt workers are elite. Never noticed any differences in fans paying attention there than any other part of the ballpark. The tickets there aren't really more expensive than many first level seats.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #712: August 02, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »
The elitist stuff is a bit much for most in the club seats. I was in a season ticket group there composed of government workers. Perhaps you are one that thinks govt workers are elite. Never noticed any differences in fans paying attention there than any other part of the ballpark. The tickets there aren't really more expensive than many first level seats.

Elitists never think they're elitists.    :)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #713: August 02, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #714: August 02, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
I would have responded earlier but was polishing the Jaguar.

Offline mitlen

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #716: August 02, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
:lol:
I'm just annoyed those copycat hillbillies in Knoxville now have their cover version pop up first on Youtube.  I guess it is how Dylan felt about Hendrix and All Along the Watchtower.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #717: August 02, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
Look, it's not just about price, working class baseball fans can afford a nice seat on occasion. The club is where you go if you wear slacks to the ballpark and you don't want the fans around you doing the sprinkler when the Dance Cam comes on.

Excellent troll...  :thumbs:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #718: August 02, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
I'm just annoyed those copycat hillbillies in Knoxville now have their cover version pop up first on Youtube.  I guess it is how Dylan felt about Hendrix and All Along the Watchtower.

Or to bring you to the 2010's, about Darius Rucker and Wagon Wheel.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #719: August 02, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »
I have so many more questions, now that I am digging into the season ticket renewal form.

1) Winterfest is $46 per day apparently. Is it worth it? Is it worthwhile if I don't have kids?
2) Now that they are charging 3 dollars per ticket for the first row, will they make them available for half season packages?
3) If I renew now, will I have opportunity to potentially upgrade seats later?
4) I live on Metro and likely won't use parking, but was told to get it and resell. Is this true? If so, which lot.

last year they basically showed me a seat I really liked and I said "please take my money." This year I would like to be a little more discerning about it.

Thanks

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #720: August 02, 2017, 03:21:39 PM »
I have so many more questions, now that I am digging into the season ticket renewal form.

1) Winterfest is $46 per day apparently. Is it worth it? Is it worthwhile if I don't have kids?
2) Now that they are charging 3 dollars per ticket for the first row, will they make them available for half season packages?
3) If I renew now, will I have opportunity to potentially upgrade seats later?
4) I live on Metro and likely won't use parking, but was told to get it and resell. Is this true? If so, which lot.

last year they basically showed me a seat I really liked and I said "please take my money." This year I would like to be a little more discerning about it.

Thanks

1. Definitely do it at least once. Usually there's a SPH discounted ticket offer at  $20 or so, if memory serves me. There's also SPH autograph day immediately before one day of winterfest so you may want to wait till that's announced before buying a winterfest ticket. It never ever sells out. The convention center is huge. It's fun to watch the player interviews and get photos and stuff.

2. Dunno, that would be a q for your ticket rep

3. Yep. The Nats will always sell you a more expensive seat than what you already have. If you have something in mind, tell your rep, for example you'll upgrade to the next section but only if they can get you an aisle seat. A good rep will watch the inventory for you.

4. I wouldn't bother with this. For every game you can sell at a profit, you'll have one or two that you'll sell at a loss, making the overall return just not worth your money. You can exchange parking for other days and try to sell the more popular parking days to make more $$ but since technically You're not allowed to resell an exchanged ticket/parking and since they do get the barcode dumps from StubHub, your options for selling them are kinda limited.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #721: August 02, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
Slacks are a very nice pant, not at all like trousers.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #722: August 02, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
Slacks are a very nice pant, not at all like trousers.

I've been going to professional baseball games for well over 60 years.    I've never worn slacks.      :shrug:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #723: August 02, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Because shorts are an even nicer pant, particularly if you are coming to the Park from a public course, where they also let you wear them.

I've been going to professional baseball games for well over 60 years.    I've never worn slacks.      :shrug:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #724: August 02, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
Because shorts are an even nicer pant, particularly if you are coming to the Park from a public course, where they also let you wear them.

:)     I wasn't trying to put slack wearers down.     Even when I had a job, I'd change before I went to the Park.     I've never played golf where you had to wear "long pants".     Collared shirt is my baseline.