Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244433 times)

madj55 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #675: July 29, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »
I wish all dual loyalty fans would get infected by some virus in Sam Adams beer and die from wretching.

I'm missing the context of this post, but as a general policy:

Wretched dual loyalty fans retching:  :glug:

Priest last riting:  :rites:

Me and LoveAngelos:  :cheers:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #676: July 30, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »
Anybody parked in the 1620 So Capitol lot (under/beside the bridge) lately?  Last Tuesday I had to navigate through a bunch of barriers marked "road closed" to get there.  It was open and other people were finding it but it's getting more squirrely by the day.

I've pretty much stopped parking there unless other spots are sold out. Still cheap and close but the pot holes, the dust, and most of all the traffic jams were too much. Not much they can do for getting people out but they need to figure out a way to process people in faster.

Edit: $16 for tonight and there is no other parking available on the first base side. Just washed my car too.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #677: July 31, 2017, 07:57:19 AM »
Wretched dual loyalty fans retching:  :glug:

Priest last riting:  :rites:

Me and LoveAngelos:  :cheers:

I will drink to that ...............as I will to most anything

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #678: July 31, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »
Anybody parked in the 1620 So Capitol lot (under/beside the bridge) lately?  Last Tuesday I had to navigate through a bunch of barriers marked "road closed" to get there.  It was open and other people were finding it but it's getting more squirrely by the day.

I had no idea how much of a pain it is getting in there now. What a mess. At least getting out is easy cutting through the corner lot. No wonder the more expensive lots are selling out.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #679: July 31, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
I had no idea how much of a pain it is getting in there now. What a mess. At least getting out is easy cutting through the corner lot. No wonder the more expensive lots are selling out.

By corner lot you mean turning right immediately upon exit, then running up alongside the building and through that small lot to get on Potomac?

I use that as my safety valve exit, if too crowded I use it otherwise I don't want to give it away.

Hey, you know how 2nd St SW is open one way headed south along the fence at Fort McNair?  is 1st St SW (which is one way the other way) open all the way up from Buzzard Point?  There must be a legal exit without having to negotiation road closed barriers.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #680: July 31, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »
Speaking of which, on Saturday night the Capitol Skyline Hotel lot was $20 on SpotHero, or $30 at the gate. :|

I've pretty much stopped parking there unless other spots are sold out. Still cheap and close but the pot holes, the dust, and most of all the traffic jams were too much. Not much they can do for getting people out but they need to figure out a way to process people in faster.

Edit: $16 for tonight and there is no other parking available on the first base side. Just washed my car too.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #681: July 31, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »
By corner lot you mean turning right immediately upon exit, then running up alongside the building and through that small lot to get on Potomac?

I use that as my safety valve exit, if too crowded I use it otherwise I don't want to give it away.

Hey, you know how 2nd St SW is open one way headed south along the fence at Fort McNair?  is 1st St SW (which is one way the other way) open all the way up from Buzzard Point?  There must be a legal exit without having to negotiation road closed barriers.

The secret is out on that exit, plenty of traffic heading out of there. No idea on the roads around there, everything has changed. We ignored the road closed sign and took Half Street in, then took the short cut out. From now on I'm just going to pay the extra to park elsewhere.

Bardo should open a parking lot, they have plenty of space and no customers.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #682: July 31, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
The secret is out on that exit, plenty of traffic heading out of there. No idea on the roads around there, everything has changed. We ignored the road closed sign and took Half Street in, then took the short cut out. From now on I'm just going to pay the extra to park elsewhere.

Bardo should open a parking lot, they have plenty of space and no customers.

I wondered what the name of that place was.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #683: August 01, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
Can someone tell me what's in the Norfolk Southern Club? I have 5 passes for the season. Is it worth going in?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #684: August 01, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »
Can someone tell me what's in the Norfolk Southern Club? I have 5 passes for the season. Is it worth going in?

Air conditioning and nicer concession stands and bathrooms.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #685: August 01, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »

The concessions are damn disappointing.  Mediocrity overall, though there is one carving station with roast beef or turkey sandwiches that are very good.  THey also have a sushi bar that is a relative bargain and good quality.  There are two bars with TV's, lots of seating areas and TV's abound so you don't have to miss any of the action.  A/C of course, shorter lines for bathrooms generally. 

It is nice to get there early, get a drink and find a place overlooking the concrete plant (though, you can see down the Potomac to the GW Masonic Memorial also).

There's no reason not to check it out, but don't expect some magical experience unless you run into Blue.  His wife apparently likes the amenities.  My seats are in 211 so that's my normal place.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #686: August 01, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »

Full of fans who like to think they are too good to mix with the regular ballpark folks.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #687: August 01, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »
Full of fans who like to think they are too good to mix with the regular ballpark folks.

Yep, that's me.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #688: August 01, 2017, 08:38:55 PM »
Haven't been in a couple years but assume the turkey/roast beef carving line sandwhiches are still there. That and the air conditioning and shorter rest room lines are the main attraction. I always liked the view from the club seats. Behind home plate but elevated gives a nice view.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #689: August 01, 2017, 08:39:40 PM »
Darn right. Need to keep the riff raff like you out. 😏

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #690: August 01, 2017, 08:40:12 PM »
Haven't been in a couple years but assume the turkey/roast beef carving line sandwhiches are still there. That and the air conditioning and shorter rest room lines are the main attraction. I always liked the view from the club seats. Behind home plate but elevated gives a nice view.

And the seats are padded, and just a couple inches wider for the larger ass.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #691: August 01, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »
And the seats are padded, and just a couple inches wider for the larger ass.
Correct. My ass is skinny but don't like it when a neighbors fat one slips over.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #692: August 01, 2017, 08:45:10 PM »
Correct. My ass is skinny but don't like it when a neighbors fat one slips over.

I call that "oozin' ".     Ya don't wanna sit next to an oozer.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #693: August 01, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »

Same.  While my 211 seats are an upgrade over my previous 207, the heads in front of me are more of an obstruction.  And we used to have aisle seats, now we're in the 3rd/4th seats in which is slightly less convenient.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #694: August 01, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »
I often get my food outside the NS Club at either the Virginia stand or the Kosher stand. Nothing really that great in the NS Club food-wise.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #695: August 01, 2017, 09:58:48 PM »
I often get my food outside the NS Club at either the Virginia stand or the Kosher stand. Nothing really that great in the NS Club food-wise.

What sorts of things do they have at the Kosher stand, and where is that?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #696: August 01, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »

Do you mean Max's? Damn, I love that place.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #697: August 01, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »

You were right about the Virginia stand, that's one of my go-to places.  That and the local distilleries joint with $13 manhattans.  Like, real, big, manhattans.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #698: August 01, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the really cool train-themed scoreboard.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #699: August 02, 2017, 06:40:06 AM »

That's basically it - that's why I've never gone there (apart from, of course, the fact that my season ticket level does not entitle me to admittance there).

I have read of a scoreboard from the 1924 World Series Championship season that is maintained there - they need to bring that out to where all fans can see it, not just some corporate/lobbyist foofs who have no sense of history and who have nothing but a bloated sense of entitlement. The baseball history of this town should be accessible to all.