Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244042 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #350: July 15, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
Is Bluejacket the way to go? Heard some great things when I asked around at the bar

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #351: July 15, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
Yeah Bluejacket is pretty awesome. Not a fan of the Mexican Radio beer though!  But I love everything else about that place!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #352: July 15, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
I'll keep an eye out in 116 for a blue hat or an AS game hat.    If you hear some old white guy yell, "BrandonK"  ...   chances are it's mitlen.      Keeeriste, I'll just stand at the rail to the concourse and yell.    Folks of a certain age are often ignored when they yell at clouds and such.       :old:

P O S T S
                                    Get a life.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #353: July 16, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »
It's big and they have decent beer, which is good enough in my book.
Is Bluejacket the way to go? Heard some great things when I asked around at the bar

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #354: July 16, 2016, 06:15:41 PM »
It's big and they have decent beer, which is good enough in my book.
almost as good as if it were decent and had big beers.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #355: July 16, 2016, 06:23:31 PM »
almost as good as if it were decent and had big beers.

That Mexican Radio was a big beer. Too much for a damn hot day. Went lighter, that's for sure. DC Brau and Ox (?) at the park

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #356: July 16, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
I like the DC Brau.

That Mexican Radio was a big beer. Too much for a damn hot day. Went lighter, that's for sure. DC Brau and Ox (?) at the park

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #357: July 16, 2016, 06:56:12 PM »
Old Ox brewery is from Ashburn, VA, I think.  They have a nice IPA (Blue Ox) and a great Rye Porter (Black Ox).  one of my go tos.  That and the Port City Porter. 

Any bartender at CCSP can figure out my identity from that info.  any of them that I regularly go to ;)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #358: July 17, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »
Old Ox brewery is from Ashburn, VA, I think.  They have a nice IPA (Blue Ox) and a great Rye Porter (Black Ox).  one of my go tos.  That and the Port City Porter. 

I had Blue Ox last night and I can vouch that it's mighty tasty. Nice light beer for a summer day. Can't drink dark IPA in the summer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #359: July 17, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
Flying Dog made (and canned) a perfect Summer beer called Underdog Atlantic Lager. Got it once two summers ago. Haven't seen it since. :(

I had Blue Ox last night and I can vouch that it's mighty tasty. Nice light beer for a summer day. Can't drink dark IPA in the summer.

Offline machpost

« Reply #360: July 18, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Has anyone who ordered the Max Scherzer 20 Strikeout Commemorative Ticket received it yet? It's been eight weeks since I ordered one and, nada.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #361: July 18, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »
Has anyone who ordered the Max Scherzer 20 Strikeout Commemorative Ticket received it yet? It's been eight weeks since I ordered one and, nada.

No...I called the Nats community relations folks about it last week...they looked into it and told me they had not received them yet.  Thought it may be another month or so...

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #362: July 18, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »
Want to give another shout-out to the Nats' customer service team. Spoke with the ballpark op director a couple nights before the game and asked about the oversized bag. They went out of their way to accommodate. Made sure to let them know, but once again, nothing but class from the team. Love it.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #363: July 18, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »

Someone on one of the facebook groups posted that theirs had been delivered Saturday so hopefully they are starting to show up.

ETA: mine just arrived.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #364: July 18, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Someone on one of the facebook groups posted that theirs had been delivered Saturday so hopefully they are starting to show up.

ETA: mine just arrived.

Mine did as well...just now...

Offline machpost

« Reply #365: July 19, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »
Same here! Just got it yesterday.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #366: July 22, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
I got my Scherzer commemoratives!!!

Btw Anyone need 2 tux for tomorrow (Sat) game?  306 row C

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #367: August 05, 2016, 11:46:04 PM »
Parked tonight in the Yards hourly lot across from Potbelly Sandwich Works, about 3 blocks / 5 minute walk from the park on 3rd St SE / Tingey St.  The cost was only $14.  I have my new favorite parking lot.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #368: August 06, 2016, 03:10:39 AM »
How was the exit after the game, compared to any other parking spot you've tried ?

Parked tonight in the Yards hourly lot across from Potbelly Sandwich Works, about 3 blocks / 5 minute walk from the park on 3rd St SE / Tingey St.  The cost was only $14.  I have my new favorite parking lot.

Offline imref

« Reply #369: August 06, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »
How was the exit after the game, compared to any other parking spot you've tried ?

Easy, took M to Maine ave to get out. Only delay was crossing s cap.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #370: August 06, 2016, 08:51:27 AM »
That's amazing. Especially on a Friday night. 

Offline imref

« Reply #371: August 06, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »
That's amazing. Especially on a Friday night. 

yeah, from what I could tell there were very few Nats fans using that lot, most of the people appeared dressed to hit the bars/restaurants in the complex.  When we got to our car around 10 PM or so the lot was half empty, the ice cream place and several of the restaurants were absolutely packed as we drove out.

Offline imref

« Reply #372: August 08, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »
if you've never had access to the N&S club, it's worth it to see the giant scoreboard / video screen in the lounge with trains moving to denote balls/strikes/outs and runners on base.  We were watching it when Turner hit his homer on Friday, lights flashing everywhere with train whistles sounding.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #373: August 08, 2016, 01:28:41 PM »
if you've never had access to the N&S club, it's worth it to see the giant scoreboard / video screen in the lounge with trains moving to denote balls/strikes/outs and runners on base.  We were watching it when Turner hit his homer on Friday, lights flashing everywhere with train whistles sounding.

(Image removed from quote.)

I saw the scoreboard, but didn't realize it did all that fancy stuff.  Maybe because I'm always back in my seat when the ball's in play.

:poke:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #374: August 08, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »
I saw the scoreboard, but didn't realize it did all that fancy stuff.  Maybe because I'm always back in my seat when the ball's in play.

:poke:

:lol: