Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244162 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #275: May 07, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
The Anacostia and Potomac have been silting in since colonial days.  Fairly large ships once docked at the port of Bladensburg, now you are hard pressed to dock a kayak there.  The only place left not silted in is the Potomac above Three Sisters Islands.  The swift current and frequent flood events wash silt out of the channel regularly.  There are places over 60 feet deep up between Three Sisters and the Brookmont Dam (a.k.a. the "drowning machine").

I'd imagine the navy dredged out  a channel to the yard for a long time.  I'm thinking that may stop after the Barry leaves.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #276: May 24, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »
Has anyone noticed any differences in the Red Loft & Red Porch this year ?  I hear one of the bartenders in the Red Porch was fired for talking too much to customers.  I also hear management wants to get rid of seats at the Red Porch & Red Loft

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #277: May 24, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
Has anyone noticed any differences in the Red Loft & Red Porch this year ?  I hear one of the bartenders in the Red Porch was fired for talking too much to customers.  I also hear management wants to get rid of seats at the Red Porch & Red Loft

Last time I was in the Loft, it was the regular crew.    There is only standing room in the Loft (IIRC).    There is a little couch over in the corner.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #278: May 25, 2016, 11:26:33 PM »

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #279: May 26, 2016, 12:08:36 PM »

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #280: May 26, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #281: May 26, 2016, 01:30:54 PM »
Wrong move. They need to install *more* standing seats and charge a little less for them.  I'm just as happy standing for a whole game, and it would be great to have that option. People move *behind* you.  No more Moms standing up and then asking their indecisive kids what they want on their hotdogs. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #282: May 26, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »

Online imref

« Reply #283: May 26, 2016, 09:08:01 PM »

:thumbs:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #285: May 27, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »

???
Haven't been there since opening day - 'management' of the porch changes on an annual basis.
There have been rumors of removing the seats on the Red Porch ever since they removed the seats in the Red Loft in 2009.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #286: May 27, 2016, 09:41:46 AM »

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #287: May 27, 2016, 09:46:35 AM »
Has anyone noticed any differences in the Red Loft & Red Porch this year ?[...]

Been to the former once this season - apart from the difference in the beers on offer, no real change.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #288: May 27, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
You guys are goofballs :P

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #289: May 27, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
Heading to the Park tonight and meeting up with a friend at 5pm.  Is it possible that we get a seat at the Bar at either Gordon Biersch or BWW?  I don't particularly like either but it's a hot night outside and I have a feeling we may want to pregame inside.  Does the Hampton Inn rooftop bar have any indoor seating or is it all outside?

Online imref

« Reply #290: May 27, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
You guys are goofballs :P

this page should be required reading for all new board members.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #291: May 27, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
Not sure, but has anyone noticed any differences in the Red Loft & Red Porch this year ?  I hear one of the bartenders in the Red Porch was fired for talking too much to customers.  I also hear management wants to get rid of seats at the Red Porch & Red Loft

Heading to the Park tonight and meeting up with a friend at 5pm.  Is it possible that we get a seat at the Bar at either Gordon Biersch or BWW?  I don't particularly like either but it's a hot night outside and I have a feeling we may want to pregame inside.  Does the Hampton Inn rooftop bar have any indoor seating or is it all outside?

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #292: May 27, 2016, 03:13:29 PM »

Online imref

« Reply #293: May 27, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
Alguien ha notado ninguna diferencia en la Red Loft & Red Porche este año ? Escucho uno de los camareros en el pórtico rojo fue despedido por hablar demasiado a los clientes. También he oído gestión quiere deshacerse de asientos en el pórtico rojo y rojo Loft

Offline mitlen

« Reply #294: May 27, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
I haven't noticed any differences in the Red Loft & Red Porch this year.     I hear one of the bartenders in the Red Porch was fired for talking too much to customers but I'm never in the Red Porch  ...   riff raff.      I also hear management wants to get rid of seats at the Red Porch & Red Loft.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #295: June 03, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
ATTENTION ALL WASHINGTON NATIONALS FANS: IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE PARK

Washington-area fans are encouraged to show their Nationals pride by taking part in special presale for the first Phillies series of 2012

The Washington Nationals today launched Take Back the Park, an exciting initiative that encourages local Nationals fans to purchase tickets for the first three games against the Philadelphia Phillies before they go on sale to the general public.

Beginning today, single game tickets for the May 4-6 Nationals vs. Phillies series will only be available to season ticket holders and fans who reside in Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia. This exclusive presale will ensure that the team’s most loyal fans have the first opportunity to purchase tickets to cheer on the Nationals when they play their NL East rivals to the north.

As an added benefit, season ticket holders can apply their exclusive discount for single game tickets during this presale. All season ticket holders will receive an email with instructions on how to order tickets using the discounted rate.

To take advantage of this offer, Washington-area fans can visit nationals.com/ourpark starting today to register for the presale. Upon verification, they will receive a one-time-use password to complete the order. The Nationals will also verify matching registration and billing information so that tickets are only mailed to local addresses in D.C., Maryland or Virginia in March.

Fans may purchase a minimum of two tickets and up to eight tickets per game in one transaction, while supplies last. For more information on Take Back the Park or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/ourpark.

Out with Natitude, in with 1,261 tickets sold to a Mets tour group. $$$Pursuit.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #296: June 03, 2016, 04:38:22 PM »
Out with Natitude, in with 1,261 tickets sold to a Mets tour group. $$$Pursuit.

(Image removed from quote.)

At least they'll be on TV for everyone to see.     :asplode:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #297: June 03, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
A temporary spike in the mean IQ of Staten Island

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #299: June 12, 2016, 12:48:01 PM »
Well, a write in campaign to Levy Restaurants got Laura, the bartender in the Red Porch (ie: Bud Brewhouse), rehired.  Has anyone seen her working this weekend ?

I hear one of the bartenders in the Red Porch was fired for talking too much to customers.