Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244011 times)

Offline machpost

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #150: December 21, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
Ok, I missed that.  Guess I am not getting to the park enough!

It's definitely not widely available throughout the park. I can think of one place in the entire upper deck where you can buy Bud products. I guess that's all about to change, though.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #151: December 21, 2015, 10:03:37 PM »
@TheQuietBoss  3h3 hours ago Annapolis, MD
Lovely new steel for the PNC Diamond club expansion at #Nats  park. @twHITTr @HITTMarton @Nationals

Diamond Club expansion?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #152: December 22, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
It's definitely not widely available throughout the park. I can think of one place in the entire upper deck where you can buy Bud products. I guess that's all about to change, though.

I can confirm, there are very few outlets for Bud products at the park, two years ago there were NONE. and it had been that way since 2009. Apparrently they didn't negotiate well and Nats Park was the exclusive domain of Miller, until 2015

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #153: December 22, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
I can confirm, there are very few outlets for Bud products at the park, two years ago there were NONE. and it had been that way since 2009. Apparrently they didn't negotiate well and Nats Park was the exclusive domain of Miller, until 2015

Bud used to be regularly available on draught at the pizza concession in the 300's, although I cannot recall if this was the case in 2014/15 since I didn't get out to that many matches during those seasons. They also used to have at least one roving vendor in the stands selling it but again I don't recall seeing such a vendor this past season.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #154: December 22, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »
Diamond Club expansion?

(Image removed from quote.)
Maybe they are putting up some corrugated tin over the tent outside the gates that was the "club" if you bought a single game ticket?

I don't regularly notice, but do they sell out the Diamond Club seats?  must be hard to tell with folks up in the Club itself, but maybe the stub hub experts know.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #155: December 22, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »
Maybe they are putting up some corrugated tin over the tent outside the gates that was the "club" if you bought a single game ticket?

I don't regularly notice, but do they sell out the Diamond Club seats?  must be hard to tell with folks up in the Club itself, but maybe the stub hub experts know.

The Diamond Club attendance tends to pretty much mirror the rest of the stadium but I'd estimate that about 15-20%  of the folks will just stay in the club for the whole game. There's a section of tables on the patio that have a great view of the game (my uncle is an amputee who uses a scooter, and when I take him to a game, we stay on the patio tables and don't bother trying to get to our seats) as well as the indoor tables closest to the window. These are usually fairly full throughout the game, fuller if it's super hot or spitting rain, emptier if it's really nice out or a super exciting game. There is always a % of people who don't care about the game and just want to hang in the AC near the bar and drink free beer, too.

As far as actually selling out, for the 2016 season there were no available seats to buy in sec 126 and only 2 pair (not adjacent) for sec 125. That was back in November. Not sure about the other sections.
In 2015 season, I was noticing a lot fewer "Diamond Lounge" (aka Diamond Tent) wristbands than in earlier seasons, which means they are selling fewer of the single-game tickets, at least in 125 where I sit; but, this could be due to Home Plate E having been absorbed back into Lexus Club. The former Home Plate E season ticket holders were given the option of upgrading to Lexus seats or downgrading to Diamond Club, and it seems like most went to Diamond Club seats (I used to sit in HPE a lot and it was a whole lot of regulars). So if the DC section got smaller and the number of season ticket folks didn't get much smaller, then the inventory to sell for singles is smaller.

I'll ask my rep if she knows what is being expanded, and report back if I get an answer!!  (updated: got her Out of Office message so it will be January before i have an answer to share).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #156: December 22, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
I was talking to the usher at the Diamond Club before the last home game (the Monday make-up game that was almost empty) and he told me that a lot of the player's friends and family sit in the club. He knew that Harper was going to sit that game before the "suspension" was announced because Bryce's mother had told him the day before that Harp was going to get the day off. Harper's agent was there, looking more than a little overly Euro, he was on his phone 100% of the time while moving from seat to seat. Seems like people pay less attention to the games when the seats are comped.

Hopefully they are expanding the main club rather than making the overflow club permanent. They really need to add bathrooms that are exclusive for club ticket holders, it really sux having to mix with the general public.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #157: December 22, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
I was talking to the usher at the Diamond Club before the last home game (the Monday make-up game that was almost empty) and he told me that a lot of the player's friends and family sit in the club. He knew that Harper was going to sit that game before the "suspension" was announced because Bryce's mother had told him the day before that Harp was going to get the day off. Harper's agent was there, looking more than a little overly Euro, he was on his phone 100% of the time while moving from seat to seat. Seems like people pay less attention to the games when the seats are comped.

Hopefully they are expanding the main club rather than making the overflow club permanent. They really need to add bathrooms that are exclusive for club ticket holders, it really sux having to mix with the general public.

At least we have quality pissboys up in the Club.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #158: December 22, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
Harper's agent was there, looking more than a little overly Euro, he was on his phone 100% of the time while moving from seat to seat.

That doesn't look like Boras :shrug:

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #159: December 23, 2015, 10:54:31 AM »
Harper's agent was there, looking more than a little overly Euro, he was on his phone 100% of the time while moving from seat to seat. Seems like people pay less attention to the games when the seats are comped.

That ain't Scott Boras.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #160: December 23, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
That doesn't look like Boras :shrug:
Probably a personal assistant.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #161: January 30, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
The head ticket rep told us at the Select-a-Seat event today that they gutted the Diamond Club and the new one will be twice as large and two levels. The tent is going away.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #162: January 30, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »
The head ticket rep told us at the Select-a-Seat event today that they gutted the Diamond Club and the new one will be twice as large and two levels. The tent is going away.

Did you get an upgrade? I was told that I could not change seats in the RF Terrace so my only options were worse seats in the 400s or more more expensive seats that were a lateral move in the 300s (closer to home, more rows back). I'd say that they wasted my time (and they did) but at least we had a nice lunch at Gordon Biersch.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #163: January 30, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »

Looks like it will solve a lot of problems, but I will be sad if there's no sofa-style seating. I like the more casual option (not the wicker lawn furniture in the Tent though).

Also looks like Home Plate A is no more and has fully re absorbed into the Presidents Club, and that the back half of sec 119 is back to being Diamond Club: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/premium_seating.jsp?loc=sections#tab-2

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #164: January 30, 2016, 07:12:32 PM »
Did you get an upgrade?

:woop:

Yessir.  I moved from the far left side of 207 to the far left side of 211 - so from being well outside of 3rd base to damn near centered over home plate looking up the right field line.  All for the same price.   

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #165: January 30, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »

I assume this means removing half of the Lincoln Suites to make room for the expanded club, leaving the Lincoln Suites above the Washington Suites. The Nats have had problems selling those suites, converting more and more of them to clubs that allow individual ticket sales.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #166: January 30, 2016, 08:32:15 PM »
Did you get an upgrade? I was told that I could not change seats in the RF Terrace so my only options were worse seats in the 400s or more more expensive seats that were a lateral move in the 300s (closer to home, more rows back). I'd say that they wasted my time (and they did) but at least we had a nice lunch at Gordon Biersch.

I'm still in the cheap seats for my half season plan but I did get better seats so I'm satisfied. I would love to upgrade but now is not the best time for me. I miss my seats in the RF Terrace, but they screwed me over by jacking up the price.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #168: January 31, 2016, 04:13:47 PM »
:woop: Looked at the sight lines. :thumbs:

:woop:

Yessir.  I moved from the far left side of 207 to the far left side of 211 - so from being well outside of 3rd base to damn near centered over home plate looking up the right field line.  All for the same price.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #169: February 02, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »
Haute Dogs stand coming this year:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #170: February 02, 2016, 10:05:58 PM »
Haute Dogs stand coming this year:

*Chicago Style Dog Tomato, pickle, chopped onions, sweet relish, banana peppers, yellow mustard, celery salt

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #171: February 02, 2016, 10:24:46 PM »

*Chicago Style Dog Tomato, pickle, chopped onions, sweet relish, banana peppers, yellow mustard, celery salt

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it's good but I don't understand going to the ballpark to eat.    A beer and maybe a dog   ....   other than that, I don't get it.   My son gave me a calendar about bikin' in the rain that I find similar to eatin' fancy food at the park, "If you want all the comforts of home, stay there."      :old:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #172: February 02, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
I'm sure it's good but I don't understand going to the ballpark to eat.    A beer and maybe a dog   ....   other than that, I don't get it.

Can't find Chicago Dogs in too many places in the DMV...there is a place in Sterling I think, but that's not very convenient.  If they have them at Nats Park, that's the next best thing to home delivery for me...  ;)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #173: February 02, 2016, 10:28:04 PM »
Can't find Chicago Dogs in too many places in the DMV...there is a place in Sterling I think, but that's not very convenient.  If they have them at Nats Park, that's the next best thing to home delivery for me...  ;)

Sterling's close to me.    Ride the bike up, we'll partake.    :)

http://www.windycityredhots.com/

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #174: February 02, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
Sterling's close to me.    Ride the bike up, we'll partake.    :)

I am doing Rolling Thunder this year.  I'll get with you as time gets near for all the insider tips.  You working it again this year?

Edit - you gonna go to Viera this Spring?