Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 242121 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #550: April 04, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »
What section. I'm in 116.

128 and 129 on the first base side.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #551: April 04, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »
So it looks like Chick-fil-a is giving away a free sammich days after saves. How do you redeem for that if you only have a season ticket holder card? Asking for a friend.

You just show the cashier your card. They've had this promo for a couple of seasons now and I've never had an issue.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #552: April 05, 2017, 10:48:04 AM »
Commemorative ticket from the Washington Nationals April 3rd Opening Day game against the Miami Marlins.

http://view.ed4.net/v/XN5PM2/MNM1AW/X5OUYYS/PPEI5K/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-11304569-980831763

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #553: April 05, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
Commemorative ticket from the Washington Nationals April 3rd Opening Day game against the Miami Marlins.

http://view.ed4.net/v/XN5PM2/MNM1AW/X5OUYYS/PPEI5K/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-11304569-980831763

and the ticket will show that you sat in Section 117, row 17, seat 17 ....same place as everyone else, right?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #554: April 05, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
and the ticket will show that you sat in Section 117, row 17, seat 17 ....same place as everyone else, right?

That's why they invented white-out...  ;)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #555: April 05, 2017, 11:06:24 AM »

Maybe if it was one of the nice plastic ones they used to give out when Fluffer was here. Now our Revenue Chief wants us to pay $5 for a paper "ticket". Bring back Natitude, I've had enough One Pursuit.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #556: April 05, 2017, 11:20:26 AM »
[...]Bring back Natitude, I've had enough One Pursuit.

...at least 'Natitude' lives on on the ticket lanyards.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #557: April 05, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »
It's $5 that goes to the Dream Foundation. I'm ok with that. It's a nice keepsake. I get a hole puncher and punch the edges and add it to my MLB Passport binder.

If you want a less beautiful one, they'll reprint any game with your exact seat number at the ticket office near the Home Plate Gate for $3 which goes to the Dream Foundation. You just need either your SPH Card or the print-at-home ticket to show you actually had a ticket to whatever game. They'll do any previous game of the season so if there's a no-hitter, MLB debut, 20K game or other cool thing, you can get a decent keepsake. It's just red white and blue Nats ticket stock with black print and limited graphics but if you just want something for your scrapbook, it does the job!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #558: April 05, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
+1 I made sure to confirm this with the ticket rep when I was buying my season tickets. I have much less problem with it if money is going to Dream Foundation. And the rep emphasized that before I even asked, so they realize the bad optics of trying to make money off of this.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #559: April 05, 2017, 02:41:48 PM »
beer map:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #560: April 06, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
What the heck is that "Distillers of the DMV"?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #561: April 06, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »
Diddy from today's local paper:

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/a_2017_guide_to_nationals_park432

We're a week behind the rest of the Metro area.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #562: April 06, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
What the heck is that "Distillers of the DMV"?

Booze stand with local distillers.  I think I read somewhere that Republic Restoratives, One Eight, Catoctin Creek, and District Distilling would be the mainstays and there would be a rotation of guest distillers joining them, but I could be mixed up on that.  There is a pretty big craft distillery scene popping up along New York Avenue and some cool stuff in the suburbs too. Lost Ark in Columbia is my new fave, but I don't know for sure that I would count them as "DMV".  Columbia always seems like it belongs to the Baltimore region and not DC.  Anyway yay booze.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #563: April 06, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »
Yeah, Howard county feels like Baltimore territory, even though probably 70% of the people that live their owe their incomes to DC.

Booze stand with local distillers.  I think I read somewhere that Republic Restoratives, One Eight, Catoctin Creek, and District Distilling would be the mainstays and there would be a rotation of guest distillers joining them, but I could be mixed up on that.  There is a pretty big craft distillery scene popping up along New York Avenue and some cool stuff in the suburbs too. Lost Ark in Columbia is my new fave, but I don't know for sure that I would count them as "DMV".  Columbia always seems like it belongs to the Baltimore region and not DC.  Anyway yay booze.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #564: April 07, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »

I'm in favor of craft distilling but the reality is that, with respect to whiskeys in particular, age matters.  However, the need to make a start-up operation generate enough cash to maintain operations is directly at odds with making the best possible whiskey, so aging is sacrificed leading to inferior product.

I have a bottle of Wasmund's Single Malt that is significantly better than their other products, having benefited greatly by a whopping 32 month aging period versus their standard 18.   :?

Anyway, you have to start sometime.  Gins can be well done with just distillation, though some are now being aged in whiskey casks to impart new flavors. 

https://www.tastingtable.com/drinks/national/The-Best-Barrel-Aged-Gins

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #565: April 13, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »
This is my first bobblehead game. How early do I need to get there tomorrow to make sure I get one?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #566: April 13, 2017, 08:50:35 PM »
This is my first bobblehead game. How early do I need tomorrow to make sure I get one?
Leave when the sun rises.  :D

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #567: April 13, 2017, 09:48:30 PM »
This is my first bobblehead game. How early do I need to get there tomorrow to make sure I get one?

Past 6 you risk not getting one.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #568: April 13, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
Since it's a 4:00 game on a Friday that a lot of people treat as a holiday, I'd say 3:00 would be cutting it close.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #569: April 13, 2017, 11:14:43 PM »
Since it's a 4:00 game on a Friday that a lot of people treat as a holiday, I'd say 3:00 would be cutting it close.

:-[

Forgot it was a 4:05 start.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #570: April 14, 2017, 09:21:25 AM »
:-[

Forgot it was a 4:05 start.

I thought about posting that you probably forgot about the 4:05 start but I forgot.    :old:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #571: April 14, 2017, 09:37:23 AM »
I have a from-day-one seat-mate who is a very assiduous collector of bobbleheads and other Nats promotional items, and he is convinced that the ballpark staff pinch a large percentage of these items and either keep them for themselves or sell them outside, thus reducing the number of such items available to matchgoers in general.

I do not actively seek out such collectables so am in no position to comment one way or the other on his assertion....but if what he says is wholly or partly true then it is possible that not even a very early arrival at the ballpark may rescue the issue. (I will state though that in my own experience these promotional items, even the most potentially popular, have been available at the time of my arrival, which on my visits to the ballpark has normally been within a few minutes of the national anthem.)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #572: April 14, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »
I have a from-day-one seat-mate who is a very assiduous collector of bobbleheads and other Nats promotional items, and he is convinced that the ballpark staff pinch a large percentage of these items and either keep them for themselves or sell them outside, thus reducing the number of such items available to matchgoers in general.

I do not actively seek out such collectables so am in no position to comment one way or the other on his assertion....but if what he says is wholly or partly true then it is possible that not even a very early arrival at the ballpark may rescue the issue. (I will state though that in my own experience these promotional items, even the most potentially popular, have been available at the time of my arrival, which on my visits to the ballpark has normally been within a few minutes of the national anthem.)

This may have occurred in the past, but the increase of bobbleheads given away has crashed the secondary market, limiting the incentive to grab them by the box.

Offline asloper6001

« Reply #573: April 19, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »
I'm sure the staff can get the option to get a few, but to "pinch" a large amount is not happening. The funny thing is watching people work the different angles of entrances to get more than their share.

Offline capsmp

« Reply #574: April 19, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
Does anyone know who o could contact to try to buy the lineup card for a game? My son named Max was born on a Scherzer gameday and I want to surprise my wife with it. Thanks!