Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 153448 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1375: March 29, 2019, 03:29:19 PM »
They sometimes have brownies that I swear must be made out of something really high on the periodic table...you need two hands to lift them.  Those are like $4 or so. 
In protest, go to Max's and get a potato knish. One of those will fill you up for a day, and it was only $5 last year. And, if the game really stinks, it is much easier to throw from the 3d deck than a hot dog.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1376: March 29, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »
They sometimes have brownies that I swear must be made out of something really high on the periodic table...you need two hands to lift them.  Those are like $4 or so. 
I'll make a guess that they don't have butter in them.  With the meat they serve, there's probably no dairy at the place.  Somebody might know better if they can sell something wrapped and prepared remotely with dairy as long as it doesn't come in contact with the meat products.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1377: March 29, 2019, 03:56:15 PM »
I'm thinking they sub U235 for butter.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1378: March 29, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »
I'm thinking they sub U235 for butter.

"Yellowcake" and water.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #1379: March 29, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »
"Yellowcake" and water.

You 11B guys and your toys.

Offline bluestreak

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1381: April 04, 2019, 12:04:08 PM »
When is this coming to Nats Park? I’ve got CLEAR and this would be a game changer.

https://www.tullahomanews.com/news/business/clear-adds-the-baltimore-orioles-minnesota-twins-and-texas-rangers/article_d2844492-c7d3-5016-925e-57b47c788bee.html

I thought it was there last year at the CF gate. I never enter that side of the park.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #1382: April 04, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
I thought it was there last year at the CF gate. I never enter that side of the park.

They had it left field gate for All Star game but otherwise no.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1383: April 04, 2019, 12:16:29 PM »

A page on the Nats' site (https://www.mlb.com/nationals/sponsorship/clear) says "CLEAR is launching at Nationals Park for MLB All-Star Week," though presumably that was for last year. Who knows. There's a ton of outdated, inaccurate information throughout their website. It looks like maybe it was being used only during All-Star Week. Maybe as a pilot program.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #1384: April 04, 2019, 12:18:25 PM »
A page on the Nats' site (https://www.mlb.com/nationals/sponsorship/clear) says "CLEAR is launching at Nationals Park for MLB All-Star Week," though presumably that was for last year. Who knows. There's a ton of outdated, inaccurate information throughout their website. It looks like maybe it was being used only during All-Star Week. Maybe as a pilot program.

It was a one time only thing for the All Star game.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1385: April 15, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
I saw a post on Reddit saying that they eliminated straws at the park and are now using these lids:

(Image removed from quote.)

It's true. My buddy and I typically stop at the bullpen before the game and grab a couple drinks. He makes sure to grab one of the big slushy style straws from there to bring into the park so he can mix the bourbon into his coke. I just drink mine on the rocks so I buy one at the game and keep going back for more ice. My 1 liter plastic flask doesn't stop serving in the 7th either.  :D