Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 244077 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1075: April 26, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Different programs. More outdoor focus on the boy side.

I guess, but my wife did a Brownie troop, then followed them in to Girl Scouts, and they were camping all the time.

They should probably merge and double-track, like Adventure Scouts and Achiever Scouts or some such.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1076: April 26, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »
I guess, but my wife did a Brownie troop, then followed them in to Girl Scouts, and they were camping all the time.

They should probably merge and double-track, like Adventure Scouts and Achiever Scouts or some such.

Story I got was that the Boy Scouts were facing rapidly declining membership, so they proposed a merger, the Girl Scouts said no, so the Boy Scouts began aggressively recruiting girls, which really pissed off the Girl Scouts.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1077: April 27, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »
(Serious, or trolling?)

Story I got was that the Boy Scouts were facing rapidly declining membership, so they proposed a merger, the Girl Scouts said no, so the Boy Scouts began aggressively recruiting girls, which really pissed off the Girl Scouts.

Offline mdupont

« Reply #1078: April 30, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
Pleasant surprise at the park yesterday.  Went to buy two beers pulled out my SPH card to pay with e-cash.  Gal there said it wasnt working.   As I pulled out my credit card to pay  she said not necessary enjoy the free beers.  Who am I to argue.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1079: April 30, 2018, 12:32:09 PM »

I’d edit out the location as not to get the employee in trouble.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1080: April 30, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »
I'd not quote it so the OP can do so  :P
I’d edit out the location as not to get the employee in trouble.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1081: April 30, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »
I'd not quote it so the OP can do so  :P

Oops. Sorry!!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1082: May 01, 2018, 09:21:41 PM »
Lots of concession stands don’t take cash anymore.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1083: May 02, 2018, 06:46:46 AM »
Lots of concession stands don’t take cash anymore.

I've seen that...and am afraid eventually this will lead to a 100% smartphone-based system for match tickets altogether (like the Capits and Wizards already have). Trying to keep ahead of the Leonses is something in which area sports franchises strongly contend.

In the meantime, they really need to make some sort of credit/debit card payment system available for beer sales in the stands, with beer prices being what they are. Not everyone keeps enormous stashes of cash on them.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1084: May 02, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
In the meantime, they really need to make some sort of credit/debit card payment system available for beer sales in the stands, with beer prices being what they are. Not everyone keeps enormous stashes of cash on them.

Earlier in the season I witnessed a beer vendor accepting payment by card using Square, but it was a slow, awkward transaction, as the vendor had to pass his phone halfway down the aisle for the customer to sign and add a tip. Making it possible to use quicker, contactless payment options like Apple Pay or the eCash cards would be great though. There are many times when I'd buy a beer in the stands, but I'm out of cash and don't want to get up and miss the game.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1085: May 02, 2018, 12:20:44 PM »
Earlier in the season I witnessed a beer vendor accepting payment by card using Square, but it was a slow, awkward transaction, as the vendor had to pass his phone halfway down the aisle for the customer to sign and add a tip. Making it possible to use quicker, contactless payment options like Apple Pay or the eCash cards would be great though. There are many times when I'd buy a beer in the stands, but I'm out of cash and don't want to get up and miss the game.

They need to figure out a way to take eCash in the stands. I never buy from the vendors because I get a 20% discount if I use ECash. Thats a significant amount of cash if I am buying 2 12 dollar beers.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1086: May 02, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »
They need to figure out a way to take eCash in the stands. I never buy from the vendors because I get a 20% discount if I use ECash. Thats a significant amount of cash if I am buying 2 12 dollar beers.

This.  But I suppose if they ever implement  the order-to-your-seat feature from the app, it would all be embedded, solving many problems at once.

I loved the old external app that let you order to your seats.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1087: May 02, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
The Nats should sell prepaid beer cards. There would be 10-12 beers per card which the vendors would hole punch as each one is redeemed.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1088: May 02, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
The Nats should sell prepaid beer cards. There would be 10-12 beers per card which the vendors would hole punch as each one is redeemed.
This is a good idea.

Offline mdupont

« Reply #1089: May 02, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1090: May 02, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »

Indeed

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1091: May 02, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
Indeed

Put taps in every seat. Swipe a card and pay to fill your cup.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #1092: May 02, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »

They used to do this in some special tables at Meridian Pint but had trouble keeping the lines clean. Those tables were pure trouble. Self serve craft beer without leaving your seat = really painful if you’re trying to go to work the next day.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1093: May 03, 2018, 06:53:53 AM »
Could this violate any liquor laws ?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1094: May 03, 2018, 06:55:10 AM »
First run a test on this idea with Spider & Mitlen and the folks they sit near.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1095: May 03, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
They used to do this in some special tables at Meridian Pint but had trouble keeping the lines clean. Those tables were pure trouble. Self serve craft beer without leaving your seat = really painful if you’re trying to go to work the next day.

Right, it's a bad idea.  What if a line runs 40 feet and it has bud light in it, and I want a peanut butter porter?  How to I get my porter to jump the queue of light that fills the line?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #1096: May 03, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
Right, it's a bad idea.  What if a line runs 40 feet and it has bud light in it, and I want a peanut butter porter?  How to I get my porter to jump the queue of light that fills the line?

Dispense lite beer onto the ground. It's the only way.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1097: May 03, 2018, 06:31:46 PM »
Dispense lite beer onto the ground. It's the only way.

It'll end up there one way or the other.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1098: May 03, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »

It's like the one pump gas islands.    I wanna fill my bike with high test and if the car/vehicle before used regular   .....     I'm paying high test prices for regular gas.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1099: May 05, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »
Finally was able to go to a game this year after being away a lot in April.  I'm disappointed no more Virginia stand.  They ought to add biscuits to change up chicken.  They do tenders already, so putting one in a biscuit with pickles and sauce shouldn't be hard.  I haven't figured out what my go to food will be.  As for beer, I'd rather have 2 12 ozs at a decent price than a 25 oz that seem to be pushing.  Is there a cheap option at the old red loft?