Author Topic: Rob Manfred is a moron  (Read 5271 times)

Offline whytev

Re: Rob Manfred is a moron, thread
« Reply #50: February 25, 2015, 09:01:17 PM »
Baseball should go to a relegation system. Reduce the league to 20 teams, the bottom 10 have to play their way back in. The bottom two every year drop down, the top two in the pool of 10 come back up.

My girlfriend likes English Football, and this post made me think about this proposal all day.  I like it.

16 teams in the big league.

14 teams in the lower-down league.

16 major teams play their own league opponents 8 times each for 120 games, and the 14 lower down teams three times each for a total of 162 games.

14 lower teams play their own league opponents 8 time each for 104 games, and the 16 big club teams 3 times each for 48 more making 152 games.

Each league would have a West and an East division which might change every year a little based on who gets in and out, geographically.  Straight division race, no Wildcard.  The top two from the upper league play the World Series.

Four teams from each league switch at a minimum.  The two division winners and the two best wildcard teams advance (with exciting tiebreaker games), and the four worst records in the big league drop.

JUST FOR FUN if any lower down team sweeps the higher up team in the inter league series, they get that team's spot the next year.

Same union, same payroll, same draft system (all lower teams pick first), and you can be traded from league to league.

That would be cool.