Author Topic: Curious: In what single year did your pro and college teams keep you happiest?  (Read 2491 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
College?  This year they went .500.  Go Hiram Terriers

Pro? 
1978 Bullets
1983 Orioles

NATS?  2012. It didnt end up the way I wanted it to, but no one expected us to get that far.  Thats the way I like it too.  If you predict a WS win you can only be disappointed if you dont get there.  If you just take it one game at a time, youll get there.

Terrier women's basketball team certainly had one of the best stories of the year.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I guess 2012 has to be it.  The Nats' run, the Caps beating the Bruins (especially the way they did it), and even though I'm not really a fan of them anymore I always like seeing the Redskins take down Dallas.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
2013 was a good year for Yale, with the hockey championship, a deep run for the lacrosse team in the NCAA, and Breslow having a big regular season role for the Red Sox team (not so much in the world series, but he was gassed).  I could say i will not let the Tsarnaevs ruin it overall, but it isn't fitting to celebrate the year too much.

Yes, I realize that's my 3d nominated year for me.   I realize I've had more luck with my teams than I deserve as a loyalist rather than a front runner.  That said, we've dropped THE Game 7 years in a row, so I do have downers besides the Nats division series.