Author Topic: Baseball Uniforms/Logos Discussion  (Read 12247 times)

Offline whytev

Re: Baseball Uniforms/Logos Discussion
« Reply #75: April 03, 2015, 11:19:14 PM »
They kept more or less the same designs, minus the addition of the Fuddruckers font, when they left Montreal, but there have been tweaks since then. The final Expos unis were really nice, so I approve.

I like the baby blue ca. 1989.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #76: December 01, 2015, 10:40:15 PM »
http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/12/01/san-diego-padres-new-navy-camo-alternate-uniforms-2016-baseball/

The blue and yellow is a substantial improvement, but the brown and yellow is absolutely perfect. They HAVE to switch to that full time in 2017.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #77: December 01, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »
How much did the navy pay for the blue?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #78: December 01, 2015, 11:24:35 PM »
How much did the navy pay for the blue?

HAHA

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #79: December 04, 2015, 10:26:10 AM »
Look at all these uniform options! Geez: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/158802040/arizona-diamondbacks-unveil-new-uniforms

In minority, probably, but I'd love for the Nats to wear Expos jerseys for a game or two.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #80: December 04, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »
DBacks have always had the ugliest uniforms. These are a little better.

I like the process they took, and lots of options is actually pretty fun with baseball uniforms. For players at least.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #81: December 04, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
Is there an actual MLB rule that players have to wear matching uniforms in a game? Otherwise it would be kind of fun if somebody was like "F that, I'm wearing alternates today!"

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #82: December 04, 2015, 11:40:29 AM »
Is there an actual MLB rule that players have to wear matching uniforms in a game? Otherwise it would be kind of fun if somebody was like "F that, I'm wearing alternates today!"

matching = uniforms  ;)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #83: December 04, 2015, 01:11:19 PM »
I like some aspects of the D-Backs uniforms, but they're largely crap.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #84: December 04, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
I like some aspects of the D-Backs uniforms, but they're largely crap.
That dark gray one looks like some kind of mistake, like they were wearing regular uniforms and then walked through a coal mining disaster.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #85: December 04, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »
That dark gray one looks like some kind of mistake, like they were wearing regular uniforms and then walked through a coal mining disaster.
Looking at the set as a whole, there is probably a solid and unique set of uniforms somewhere in there, but they made a few fatal design decisions that really harm the look. Some of the snakeskin gradient looks okay, such as on the two teal alternates, but it is a bit much on the others. I like the font and while the addition of the teal is a bit of a strange design choice, it doesn't look that bad, but there are definitely tweaks that need to be made, and I think there will be plenty of tweaks made over the next couple of years. The snakeskin needs to be toned down. The versions with the grey pattern where it blends in better to the uniform work well, similar to how the subtle design on the inside of the Seahawks' lettering works well, but the more stark contrast on the others isn't a good look, neither is the red snakeskin on the primary hat. Overall, I applaud their attempt to do something different, but they aren't quite where they need to be yet.

Offline Osgood

« Reply #86: December 28, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »

One time Francona got fined for wearing his short sleeve windbreaker without having a regulation jersey underneath.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #87: December 28, 2015, 02:49:52 PM »
Hell yeah
In minority, probably, but I'd love for the Nats to wear Expos jerseys for a game or two.