Author Topic: Job search 2016!!!  (Read 15645 times)

Offline Slateman

Re: Job search 2016!!!
« Reply #350: November 21, 2016, 11:21:07 AM »
My boss can't figure out how to sort a column on an excel spreadsheet. She literally emails me to "re-sort" by a category, but doesn't close out of it on the share drive. Then she calls me asking why it isn't done yet.

Online GburgNatsFan

« Reply #351: November 21, 2016, 11:34:38 AM »
As to the first part, your boss is an idiot. As to the second part, you're boss is an idiot, but everyone does that from time to time.

My boss can't figure out how to sort a column on an excel spreadsheet. She literally emails me to "re-sort" by a category, but doesn't close out of it on the share drive. Then she calls me asking why it isn't done yet.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #352: November 21, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »
As to the first part, your boss is an idiot. As to the second part, you're boss is an idiot, but everyone does that from time to time.

This is becoming a pattern. Complaining about an "inefficiency" only to demand a procedure for said inefficiency and then wait days/weeks/months for it to be approved, during which, she will change her mind repeatedly.

Offline skippy1999

« Reply #353: November 21, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »

Why don't you email/call her and ask her to close out of document? I have to do that all the time with my boss. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #354: November 21, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
She sounds like a skilled mid level bureaucrat. With several levels of folks and procedures to blame when things invariably go wrong. I say go over her head and ask for a transfer. You will probably find out it's not the first time that has happened with her. If they value you they will find a better spot.

Offline skippy1999

« Reply #355: November 21, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
She sounds like a skilled mid level bureaucrat. With several levels of folks and procedures to blame when things invariably go wrong.

i.e., like any other boss :lol:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #356: November 21, 2016, 12:47:55 PM »
She sounds like a skilled mid level bureaucrat. With several levels of folks and procedures to blame when things invariably go wrong. I say go over her head and ask for a transfer. You will probably find out it's not the first time that has happened with her. If they value you they will find a better spot.
It's not. But I'm in my probationary period, so I can't transfer anywhere outside of my division, and she has final say over whether that happens. It won't.

Two options:

1. Gut this out until next May + however long it takes to get a GS12 position somewhere else
or
2. Quit, get my old contract job back.