Author Topic: Mets again move fences in  (Read 766 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Mets again move fences in
« Reply #1: November 19, 2014, 08:59:13 AM »
They seem to think only Mets hitters will benefit.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #2: November 19, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
They seem to think only Mets hitters will benefit.

But, but but - it makes sense to move the fences in if it will disproportionately help such long-term franchise stalwarts as Curtis Granderson and Lucas Duda.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #3: November 19, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »
I wonder if they get an extra row of seating out of it

Offline welch

• 2018: The Fight for .500
« Reply #4: November 19, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/sports/baseball/mets-biggest-off-season-moves-involve-the-fences-these-days.html?ref=sports

Suggests that moving fences will not revive hitting by Granderson and Cuddyer. I pay attention to the Mets because it's easier to see my Nats at CITI Field than to travel to DC. They have good starters, but Harvey is stubborn. First season back from TJ surgery; stretching time between starts seems risky. They have some good relief pitchers; decent field lineup except RF and LF. Not a great bench. My guess: could be tough in 2015 unless Harvey ruins his arm, and might have been even better in 2016 except they have committed salary to a pair of fading outfielders.

Offline Vega

• On the Cutting Edge
« Reply #5: November 21, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »
Granderson/Cuddyer for the Mets and Bourn/Swisher on Cleveland are excellent examples of why bad teams should be extremely careful about what free agents they sign to lucrative deals.