Author Topic: National League Division Series, Game 4  (Read 131659 times)

Offline PC

Re: National League Division Series, Game 4
« Reply #2350: October 08, 2014, 01:52:53 AM »
Werth was too devestated to speak to the press.  Question, if they'd won tonight, would he have ever gotten his crap together or was the team going to have to drag his sub .100 batting average around with them for as long as they stayed in the playoffs?

Jayson, you'd have been less devastated if you'd gone 6 or 7 for 17.  Of course, the team would probably still be playing....

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2351: October 08, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP  4m4 minutes ago
Jayson Werth was devastated. He declined comment through a Nats pr staffer.
Jayson Werth is 35 and the highest paid player on the team.  He's always been so clutch in playoffs, for us and others... until this year. After a long season, maybe his age has finally caught up with him.  He knows that baseball skills drop off sharply for players in that age range. The Nationals are a young team, unlike the Phillies and Barves.
 :shrug:
Werth is married and has 2 kids. He'd make a good manager some day. I wanted to see him in the World Series this year.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2352: October 08, 2014, 01:57:00 AM »
Damn you saved their asses because you're right. The only time they let me down is when they eat crap they find outside.   >:(

Ok that made me laugh so on that note I need to forget stupid baseball and try to get to sleep, goodnight everyone, we'll get 'em next year, right?  :|

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2353: October 08, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »
At least I dont have to sit through a loss tomorrow

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #2354: October 08, 2014, 06:22:04 AM »
Put them in the right order:

Storen
Span
Laroche
Werth
Ramos
Desmond
Gonzalez
Barrett

You forgot MW

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #2355: October 08, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
2012 was worse because of the blown lead in game 5 after the walkoff in game 4, but both suck.

I couldn't visit this site for 3 days after blowing Game 5. We have a whole cast of culprits for this series and not just Storen. Also , in this thread there was a personal rant against Storen by Shoe Shine Boy which IIRC is a first and well deserved.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #2356: October 08, 2014, 07:34:57 AM »
I snapped the radio off as soon as the final out was recorded. Normally I listen to the post-match items on the FM-106.7 radio broadcasts, but last night I really didn't want to listen to the call-in shows (which probably would have been little more than endless permutations of '[this player] sucks, get rid of him' and how incompetent Rizzo and the front office are).

On to next season - at least for our home opener there won't normally be anything more to wonder about than the inning in which concessions will run out of hot dog buns.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2357: October 08, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
No flippin way, Desi's occasional homer doesn't make up for the many many times he can't just get a freaking base hit, completely done with him.

I think you need to go see how many shortstops hit better than Desmond does.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2358: October 08, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »
I'm talking about the season though, he was NOT consistent this season he wasn't, we have too many guys who go cold far too much and he's one of them, I don't care about 20 something homers if he can't come through on a regular basis when it matters!

Rendon is the only batter who was consistent this season

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2359: October 08, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
I wonder whether that falls under federal racketeering statutes
(Image removed from quote.)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2360: October 08, 2014, 10:09:15 AM »
Rendon is the only batter who was consistent this season

Agreed, I'd love to clone the kid but Span, ALR, Werth, Harper seemed to at least have had moments of glory-Ian is the one who consistently seemed to let the team down when they needed him this year :(

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2361: October 08, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
What a nightmare of a season.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #2362: October 08, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
to think we have to sit through at least 162 games to get back to this point again......ugh I should have called out sick today

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #2363: October 08, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »
I snapped the radio off as soon as the final out was recorded. Normally I listen to the post-match items on the FM-106.7 radio broadcasts, but last night I really didn't want to listen to the call-in shows (which probably would have been little more than endless permutations of '[this player] sucks, get rid of him' and how incompetent Rizzo and the front office are).

On to next season - at least for our home opener there won't normally be anything more to wonder about than the inning in which concessions will run out of hot dog buns.

I turned the TV off instantly for similar reasons.

I keep waiting for an e-mail or call from the colleague I've mentioned in other threads who rants about Ramos. Every time the Caps are eliminated, the next day he wants to talk about the Caps and everything they did wrong, so I'm expecting the same to occur today.

I think I may respond with, "When you were in school, were you that guy everybody hated who came out of an exam room and immediately wanted to talk about the exam and what you wrote down for each answer?" I couldn't stand those people.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2364: October 08, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
"Borrow" a t-shirt, awkward hug, and out the door.

And yet here we all are wallowing in misery today  :?

Morbid fascination, I guess.   

Offline Clever

« Reply #2365: October 08, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Life goes on.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2366: October 08, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
Sigh. We've got grind, but we don't have grit.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2367: October 08, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »
I listened to the top of the ninth on radio, then to Charlie and Dave until they started their "Long Season of Silence." When I heard Phil Wood's voice and realized it would be the last Nats related broadcast of 2014, I shut it off. I couldn't listen anymore. I was too sad.

I turned the TV off instantly for similar reasons.

I keep waiting for an e-mail or call from the colleague I've mentioned in other threads who rants about Ramos. Every time the Caps are eliminated, the next day he wants to talk about the Caps and everything they did wrong, so I'm expecting the same to occur today.

I think I may respond with, "When you were in school, were you that guy everybody hated who came out of an exam room and immediately wanted to talk about the exam and what you wrote down for each answer?" I couldn't stand those people.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2368: October 08, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
"Borrow" a t-shirt, awkward hug, and out the door.

And yet here we all are wallowing in misery today  :?

Morbid fascination, I guess.   

Misery loves company :(

Offline J0TAS

« Reply #2369: October 08, 2014, 11:07:06 AM »
Get rid of LaRoche, and bring RZimm full-time to first base. Keep Span and pay him his one year, and decide his fate at the end of next year. Hopefully we'll see the playoffs again and he'll possibly be able to redeem himself. Lastly, Matt needs to learn to adjust the lineup and possibly the pitching order of the relievers when the status quo has produced nothing for three consecutive games.

As for Werth, well he's going to be here until the bitter end just like we all are. I'll be there next year, hoping to finally see this squad move past the NLDS and onto bigger and better things.

Offline pazzo83

« Reply #2370: October 08, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »
I listened to the top of the ninth on radio, then to Charlie and Dave until they started their "Long Season of Silence." When I heard Phil Wood's voice and realized it would be the last Nats related broadcast of 2014, I shut it off. I couldn't listen anymore. I was too sad.

We'll be back to baseball before you know it.

Offline PC

« Reply #2371: October 08, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2372: October 08, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
Close this disaster of a thread.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2373: October 08, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
Close this disaster of a thread.

Seems like as good a time as any.  #1 GDT of all-time, for those who care about that sort of thing.