Author Topic: How many guys are sick?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline kimnat

Re: How many guys are sick?
« Reply #25: April 11, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »
No, Sens. I got it from a really close source that many of them really are sick.  It's for real. It'll be a rough few days.  I guarantee that they all wish they were in their own beds right now!

natsfan1a

« Reply #26: April 11, 2007, 06:10:13 PM »
Too funny! :D

maybe the nats should use their illness as a biological weapon to bring other teams down to our level and exact revenge on the umpires ;-)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #27: April 11, 2007, 06:12:13 PM »
No, Sens. I got it from a really close source that many of them really are sick.  It's for real. It'll be a rough few days.  I guarantee that they all wish they were in their own beds right now!
alrightie then, if that's what it is, when they get all better we'll start kicking some ass!  I can't wait.   :?

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #28: April 11, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »
I feel this whole flu thing is suspect to say the least...how come the Nats are the only team in baseball that has ever had a flu-bug around the clubhouse?  Well it's only a temporary thing - you can only use it for a limited amount of time - you are expected to actually play at a professional level regardless. 

You guys can give them a pass on "being sick" if you want to - but I'm not buying it.   :roll:

don't ruin or exposed this excuse. Its gettin ugly out there on the diamond and we need somethin to make us feel better about our Nats.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #29: April 11, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »
alrightie then, if that's what it is, when they get all better we'll start kicking some ass!  I can't wait.   :?

Being sick is not an excuse. Guys get sick during the season, and guys have to play through it. Rauch was puking in the bullpen last year and still pitched. It's just an interesting thing that a bunch of guys happen to be sick all at once. Insult to injury maybe, but no excuse.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #30: April 11, 2007, 10:42:56 PM »
Hey, if people want to seize on being sick as an excuse, or anything else, that's fine by me.  Simply buying into the idea that we are really this bad is way too depressing for me to accept until at least mid-season.  I think we're all close enough to suicidal already :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #31: April 11, 2007, 10:52:16 PM »
Seriously...I think I musta been around the dugout too much during that game we attended, because I'm starting to feel ill lately too...seems the symptoms come around the same time every night - between 7-10pm.   :?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #32: April 11, 2007, 10:56:20 PM »
Hey, if people want to seize on being sick as an excuse, or anything else, that's fine by me.  Simply buying into the idea that we are really this bad is way too depressing for me to accept until at least mid-season.  I think we're all close enough to suicidal already :lol:

LOL. Being sick doesn't help, that's for sure. But Church was sick, and he's been playing well. At least some guys hit the ball, but it seems to be the same guys that have been overall. I prefer to continue to believe they are not as bad as the end results. Maybe shaking up the order radically would at least break up the monotony. Even if it was one game, I would like to see a lineup of Lopez, Belliard, Church, Young, Kearns, Zimmerman, Snelling, Schneider(/Flores).

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #33: April 11, 2007, 11:47:29 PM »
I think we are all sick of how the Nationals have performed so far.

« Reply #34: April 12, 2007, 01:27:52 AM »
God, I can't pinpoint exactly when but I think a few years ago the Yanks had a week or two spell of illness in their organization where players like Cheater Giambi, Soriano, and few others came down with something and one of them actually had some sort of worm in them (I believe it was Cheater Giambi).  The New York media went ballistic going as far as asking if the players were really aliens.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #35: April 12, 2007, 07:32:47 AM »
Wasn't that worm thing Giambi's cover for losing weight after getting off the roids?
God, I can't pinpoint exactly when but I think a few years ago the Yanks had a week or two spell of illness in their organization where players like Cheater Giambi, Soriano, and few others came down with something and one of them actually had some sort of worm in them (I believe it was Cheater Giambi).  The New York media went ballistic going as far as asking if the players were really aliens.

« Reply #36: April 12, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
Wasn't that worm thing Giambi's cover for losing weight after getting off the roids?

Might of been, I'm not sure.  But team illnesses do happen.  Lets just hope there are no worms in DC.