Author Topic: I'll be listening to Charlie and Dave a lot more  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Because I'll be taking my dog, Reddy, for some long walks in the evenings.

Post puke after leaving the shelter face.

Already moving in on my girl

You stuff a Kong full of bananas/apple sauce/peanut butter/cheese/whatever and freeze it, it'll entertain him for hours

First time to the big dog park. We've noticed he likes to nibble so we figured it was time to get him a playmate. Was at the dog park for like two hours

Post dog park coma. Dude did not move for like two hours from that spot.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
 Right on :clap:

Better stash the shoes up high

Offline Slateman

Right on :clap:

Better stash the shoes up high
We have bitter spray for the show stand and everything else is in the closet. He's grasping the concept of not eating shoes/flipflops quickly.

Unfortunately, there is one room that he loves to pee in. My wife and I are guessing that the previous owners (who abused the crap out of this place) didn't do a very good job cleaning up after their dog. The room that Reddy likes to pee in used to be the master bedroom. He sticks to one 6 sqft area or so, and we're guessing that is where the other dog slept. For now, we're just keeping him out of the room.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Mixed mutt? He's perfect in terms of size. Not too big/stupid furry, but still big enough to have presence.

Because I'll be taking my dog, Reddy, for some long walks in the evenings.

(Image removed from quote.)
Post puke after leaving the shelter face.

Already moving in on my girl

You stuff a Kong full of bananas/apple sauce/peanut butter/cheese/whatever and freeze it, it'll entertain him for hours

First time to the big dog park. We've noticed he likes to nibble so we figured it was time to get him a playmate. Was at the dog park for like two hours

Post dog park coma. Dude did not move for like two hours from that spot.

Offline sportsfan882

Congrats :clap: We got our first dog last year and he's been great. First couple of months were tough getting him potty trained and on a sleeping schedule but after that it's all been good.

Offline Slateman

Mixed mutt? He's perfect in terms of size. Not too big/stupid furry, but still big enough to have presence.

Boxer/shepard mix. He's about six months. Was a stray caught in rural SC and sent up here, so they don't have an exact age. Also don't know how big he'll get.

Offline Slateman

Congrats :clap: We got our first dog last year and he's been great. First couple of months were tough getting him potty trained and on a sleeping schedule but after that it's all been good.

Sleeping has been easy, but we've been wearing him out. Honestly, between the adoption, vet, dog stuff, my car, and my new home costs, I'm too broke to do anything except go for long ass walks and runs/bike rides.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
What a cutie pie!! Rescue dogs are the absolute best and there's truly nothing like a dog to make a house feel like a home :)

Offline HalfSmokes

walking a dog listening to charlie and dave is a great way to spend a summer night. Don't worry about putting the shoes up- he'll be able to find something else to destroy if he wants

Offline Slateman

walking a dog listening to charlie and dave is a great way to spend a summer night. Don't worry about putting the shoes up- he'll be able to find something else to destroy if he wants
I just don't want him ripping in to my expensive boots or running shoes.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I'm too broke to do anything except go for long ass walks and runs/bike rides.

He'll never demand more than that and it will be more than enough to make him happy.

I just don't want him ripping in to my expensive boots or running shoes.

In my experience, even dogs that like to chew up shoes, hats and whatever else never destroy their pack leader's stuff so only one of you has to worry about getting your crap chewed up.

Offline GburgNatsFan

http://www.petego.com/products.aspx?catId=48&prodId=255
Sleeping has been easy, but we've been wearing him out. Honestly, between the adoption, vet, dog stuff, my car, and my new home costs, I'm too broke to do anything except go for long ass walks and runs/bike rides.

Offline Slateman

When he's a little older. We'll probably do some light jogging here in the next few months.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'd thought about one, but I don't have any good places to ride with my dog, and now he's older and probably not up to it. He'll walk forever, but I don't think he'd love the forced pace.

I imagine it would be great for a running dog, like a retriever or something.
When he's a little older. We'll probably do some light jogging here in the next few months.

Offline Slateman

We're going down to my parents house next weekend. They have a pool. Time to see if he'll swim. He freaking loved the rain and the puddles earlier this week.

Offline Natsinpwc

Dogs are great; have lots of fun!

Offline GburgNatsFan

A mutt like that is a win. There's no pretension about him, just good, 100% dog. And that cross on his face is fantastic.

We're going down to my parents house next weekend. They have a pool. Time to see if he'll swim. He freaking loved the rain and the puddles earlier this week.

Offline Slateman

A mutt like that is a win. There's no pretension about him, just good, 100% dog. And that cross on his face is fantastic.

The vet told me that the line across his snout is a scar from something. Don't know what, but he's been sensitive about being pet there, particularly from new people. I tell everyone to pet underneath his nose at first. He hasn't snapped at anyone, but he does recoil.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The vet told me that the line across his snout is a scar from something. Don't know what, but he's been sensitive about being pet there, particularly from new people. I tell everyone to pet underneath his nose at first. He hasn't snapped at anyone, but he does recoil.

That hurts my heart  :'(
He's a lucky boy to have found a good home now!

Offline Copecwby20

Awesome dog man, get him socialized well so everyone can go meet him at pups in the park.

Offline GburgNatsFan

That's too bad. I thought it was just a white marking.

Scratching a dog under his chin is an encouraging gesture anyway. Always a better way to greet a dog. The sensitivity may not be from pain: a lot of dogs don't like pressure that pushes their heads down.

Offline HalfSmokes

Head shy is common, our dog has been pampered and spoiled for six years, but his crappy first year still shows

Offline Slateman

Yea, we realize we're spoiling him. We gotta stop soon.

Offline Slateman

Re: I'll be listening to Charlie and Dave a lot more
« Reply #23: September 25, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »

He knows when we're going to the dog park

Last night in the crate. He seemed to figure out to come get us to go potty outside. So we started leaving his crate open.

At the dog park, guarding the water bowl.

About to embark on a perilous journey.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: I'll be listening to Charlie and Dave a lot more
« Reply #24: September 25, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
About to embark on a perilous journey.
He looks like Cristian Amenpour or Lara Logan about to interview an extremist.