Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 11873 times)

Offline pazzo83

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #300: August 15, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
:gunz:

Daughter and I saw the game, along with a surprising number of other Nats fans. I got there early since she had the tickets -- when you get to be my age, you let your kids buy them! Many many people in Nats gear. Some from Connecticut, two from Syracuse, and many from DC. A family from Bethesda (so I could startled them by asking about BCC and Walter Johnson HS).

Only five hits by the Nats, but they had the game all the way. Ah, the joy of a three game sweep and especially knowing that the ex-Boston Braves lost today. MASN video-taped me pointing to my curly-W, shouting "Mickey Vernon, Roy Sievers, Lets go Senators, Let's go Nats!!". Might not have made the broadcast, but it was fun.

Of course, I could have recited the chain of great third-basemen: Eddie Yost, Harmon Killebrew, Ken McMullen, Ryan Zimmerman, Anthony Rendon, just in my life-time...and not that Harmon was a great fielder, but nobody hit like "the killer". Mickey Mantle said, on "Home Run Derby": "When Harmon hits one I think it's never coming down".

Six game lead on the Braves.

Curiously, Met fans make more noise than Braves fans, even if Shea II is not half-filled.

(I have not seen the Nats lose in New York since the April game after they traded Ryan Church and Brian Schneider for Lastings Milledge.)

I've lived here 4+ years and I've never seen the Nats lose in NY.

<<goes and knocks on some wood>>