Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Reynaldo Lopez, RHP  (Read 33025 times)

Offline monkeyhit

Re: Follow the Prospects: Reynaldo Lopez, RHP
« Reply #250: July 25, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »
He's auditioning for another call-up.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #251: July 25, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »
He's auditioning for another call-up.
He will make the next start. Ross only threw 43 pitches in hsi rehab start.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #252: July 25, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
He will make the next start. Ross only threw 43 pitches in hsi rehab start.
They can't call him up I don't think. Have to have at least ten days

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #253: July 25, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »

Yup. Not sure who it'll be if not Ross.

Online Slateman

« Reply #254: July 25, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »
Yup. Not sure who it'll be if not Ross.
Voth? last pitched on the 21st. He's slated to go tomorrow. He'd have to go on short rest. Taylor Hill is going today, so maybe he's the guy that gets called up. Or Petit gets a spot start.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #255: July 25, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
Voth? last pitched on the 21st. He's slated to go tomorrow. He'd have to go on short rest. Taylor Hill is going today, so maybe he's the guy that gets called up. Or Petit gets a spot start.
Because of the offday the spot comes up on Saturday. Lopez would have been down for 11 days so he is making the next start

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #256: July 25, 2016, 11:54:30 AM »
It could very well be Lopez again. With the off day, they wouldn't need him until the 30th, which would be day 11 or could skip the start. There are a bunch of off days coming up the next couple of weeks.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #257: July 25, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »

Lopez was sent down the 20th and the game in question is on the 30th. Maybe we can actually squeeze him in? I would have to think they want to get Ross one more rehab start.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #258: July 25, 2016, 12:01:53 PM »
Lopez was sent down the 20th and the game in question is on the 30th. Maybe we can actually squeeze him in? I would have to think they want to get Ross one more rehab start.
If it is 10 days from the time he was sent down still would be before game time. If they count the 20th as the first day then its 11 days.

Offline whytev

« Reply #259: July 25, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »

I think the day you go down counts.

Offline Matugi

« Reply #260: July 26, 2016, 03:23:31 AM »
He's got amazing stuff. We all saw it. He's gotta learn to pitch though. Glad to see him getting K numbers in AAA. Was easier in the lower levels for him to just overpower hitters.

It's the same as Giolito.  Giolito's curve and fastball are both top-notch but hitters weren't biting on the curve because he doesn't throw either for a strike enough.  Both will be really good down the line but they aren't ready yet.

Offline Lisamac

« Reply #261: July 27, 2016, 01:19:32 AM »
Reynaldo Lopez in his outing after the MLB stint threw a complete 9 inning game shutout against the top hitting team in triple A.  Less than 100 pitches, 7k's, no BB's, 4 hits, 70% pitches thrown were strikes; just dominant!  98-99 mph at the beginning of the game, 96-97 mph at the end of the game.  Is there anyone in baseball after 9 innings holding speed within 1 mph of their starting speed.

This kid is as good a pitching prospect as I've seen since pre-tommy John surgery Strasburg!  Please Washington, DO NOT TRADE REYNALDO LOPEZ.  Giolito gets all the press, but Lopez may not only be the best pitching prospect on the nats triple a team, but maybe the best pitching prospect in all of minor league baseball!

Please Nats, DO NOT TRADE THIS KID (Reynaldo Lopez)!  This kid will be dominating nats baseball opponents for the next 20 years.  DONT TRADE THIS PITCHER, FOR ANYTHING!!!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #262: July 27, 2016, 09:42:21 AM »
Welcome Lisamac!  We're glad to have you here.  Sounds like you follow the Nats Farm system pretty closely.  Are you up around one of the minor league teams or follow reports and videos?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #263: July 27, 2016, 09:46:05 AM »
Welcome Lisamac!  We're glad to have you here.  Sounds like you follow the Nats Farm system pretty closely.  Are you up around one of the minor league teams or follow reports and videos?

Yeah, I hope so! We have a thread to introduce yourself, if you're interested! http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=808.0

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #264: July 27, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »
Is there anyone in baseball after 9 innings holding speed within 1 mph of their starting speed.
It's a pretty rare trait, but peak Justin Verlander was known for actually throwing faster at the ends of games. Ditto for CC Sabathia back when he was the best in the biz. I just did a google search and found a game in 2012 where Verlander hit 100mph four times in the 9th.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #265: July 27, 2016, 10:07:55 AM »
It's a pretty rare trait, but peak Justin Verlander was known for actually throwing faster at the ends of games. Ditto for CC Sabathia back when he was the best in the biz. I just did a google search and found a game in 2012 where Verlander hit 100mph four times in the 9th.

Max tends to have something of a bell curve with max velo too. Sometimes higher later in his starts.

Offline endersshadow

« Reply #266: July 27, 2016, 10:28:27 PM »
They can still 60dl Trevor Gott.

What happened to Gott?  I can't find any articles on him.

Offline whytev

« Reply #267: July 27, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
What happened to Gott?  I can't find any articles on him.

He's injured.

Offline Lisamac

« Reply #268: July 28, 2016, 01:06:50 AM »
Thank you for the "welcome to the site" greetings.  I've been following prospects for longer than I'd like to admit.  I located within the general area of Hagerstown and Potomac, but pretty far from Harrisburg, and too far from New York.  I follow stats, videos, reports, and see games when I can.

As for my post, I've been following the rise of Reynaldo Lopez closely since his amazing turn around at auburn.  My concern is that the Nats are going to give in to the media and fan pressure and trade away what I think could be an ace in the mold of Stephen Strasburg (which I feel Reynaldo Lopez could well become).  Actually, I'm concerned about them giving up any of several high quality prospects, (Lopez, Robles, Turner, Fedde), and of course Lucas Gioliyo (though I don't think they'd give up one so highly rated), but my biggest concern is Lopez, as I think many teams and scouts now understand his potential - as a starter, not just the idea of a closer.  I really think it would be a terrible decision for them to trade him.  Frankly, I really don't understand why they haven't brought Koda Glover up to see if he can be the solution to their closer problem.  He's looked very good at Syracuse, and when he came up recently.

Offline whytev

« Reply #269: July 28, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »
Thank you for the "welcome to the site" greetings.  I've been following prospects for longer than I'd like to admit.  I located within the general area of Hagerstown and Potomac, but pretty far from Harrisburg, and too far from New York.  I follow stats, videos, reports, and see games when I can.

As for my post, I've been following the rise of Reynaldo Lopez closely since his amazing turn around at auburn.  My concern is that the Nats are going to give in to the media and fan pressure and trade away what I think could be an ace in the mold of Stephen Strasburg (which I feel Reynaldo Lopez could well become).  Actually, I'm concerned about them giving up any of several high quality prospects, (Lopez, Robles, Turner, Fedde), and of course Lucas Gioliyo (though I don't think they'd give up one so highly rated), but my biggest concern is Lopez, as I think many teams and scouts now understand his potential - as a starter, not just the idea of a closer.  I really think it would be a terrible decision for them to trade him.  Frankly, I really don't understand why they haven't brought Koda Glover up to see if he can be the solution to their closer problem.  He's looked very good at Syracuse, and when he came up recently.

Rizzo seems to feel the same way as you where untouchable players are concerned. I wouldn't worry too much.

Glover seems good. If Glover, Lopez, Giolito, and maybe Harper come up and just shove in September, maybe the best playoff pitching roster could be something with two of the youngsters, Rivero, Treinen, Kelley, Petit, and Belisle. Ditch Gio Gonzalez from the playoff roster and you can even work in a third youngster. Go situational for all bullpen choices. It's bold but it could work.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #270: July 28, 2016, 01:37:46 AM »
He's injured.
He just came back this week. Pitched in the GCL

Online Slateman

« Reply #271: July 28, 2016, 07:04:08 AM »
He just came back this week. Pitched in the GCL
If he's pitching in the GCL, he's probably not gonna be on the big league roster this fall

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #272: July 28, 2016, 08:46:22 AM »
If he's pitching in the GCL, he's probably not gonna be on the big league roster this fall
No, I think he is going to go back to Syracuse like Grace did within the week.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #273: July 28, 2016, 09:21:43 AM »
Yup. Just a rehab appearance

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #274: December 08, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
The one that got away?